Bizarre interview with FL

doctorSpoc said:
oooohhhh... ok... sorry, i get it now. so you were just taking the time to point out the obvious without actually having a goal, like advancing or focusing the discussion... thanks for that :rolleyes:

Dude, get a grip on life and stop taking a friggin' internet thread so seriously. Go for a bike ride or something, cause you're wound WAY TOO tight.

I'm not even going to respond to your "points" (for which you've now made 3 to 5 that are completely off topic) . . .

Have a nice day.

C'dale Girl said:
Dude, get a grip on life and stop taking a friggin' internet thread so seriously. Go for a bike ride or something, cause you're wound WAY TOO tight.

I'm not even going to respond to your "points" (for which you've now made 3 to 5 that are completely off topic) . . .

Have a nice day.
hey, don't blame me.. i'm just responding to others that have posed questions or comments to me... blame them. ironically it's caused a tangent when the purpose of my post in the first place was meant to focus the discussion so...

The thing that does make this relevent and important to clarify is that in the US context if you can get Feds interested in PEDs use, distrobution etc... you can probably twist arms a little more when cyclist, trainers, DS's etc know they have jail time haning over their heads if they don't answer questions truthfully... in these sports abritrations or even in court cases they can almost say whatever they hell they want

Does the FBI investigate illegal drug trafficing (which is what this is) or is that exclusively for the DEA to investigate?

Salut!

doctorSpoc said:
Does the FBI investigate illegal drug trafficing (which is what this is) or is that exclusively for the DEA to investigate?
Last year the FBI busted a huge steroid sales ring that was selling over the Internet. A 120 people were caught.

Bro Deal said:
Last year the FBI busted a huge steroid sales ring that was selling over the Internet. A 120 people were caught.
I think that bust was in part responsible for the Mitchell report.

helmutRoole2 said:
I think the FBI only started doing steroid cases a couple of years ago. It wasn't that long ago I read about a bust and they made the point that it was their first such investigation. Someone up high has made a decision to pursue the problem.

The head of that bust of 120 is facing 15 years. That might not be such a good business to be in anymore.

Now that government police are involved in pursuing drug taking in sports, the days of sports authorities turning the other cheek may be over.

How does the FBI prosecute though? It seems that most PED's are not illegal. They just contravene the rules of a particular sport. The Bonds/Jones busts were more about lying than drug taking. Its like they say... tell us the truth and wreck your career... or lie and we'll put you in jail and wreck your career.

So how do they get search warrants? Suspicion of possessing a drug without a prescription??

Crankyfeet said:
Now that government police are involved in pursuing drug taking in sports, the days of sports authorities turning the other cheek may be over.

How does the FBI prosecute though? It seems that most PED's are not illegal. They just contravene the rules of a particular sport. The Bonds/Jones busts were more about lying than drug taking. Its like they say... tell us the truth and wreck your career... or lie and we'll put you in jail and wreck your career.

So how do they get search warrants? Suspicion of possessing a drug without a prescription??
most are prescription drugs... so it's the equivelent of dealing in oxycotton etc... they are controlled and you have be have licence to deal in them and a precription to buy and to use them

Crankyfeet said:

Aside from the prescription issue, wire fraud, mail fraud, conspiracy, money laundering, tax evasion. I am sure it is no problem to find ways to charge people if they are really determined.

doctorSpoc said:
most are prescription drugs... so it's the equivelent of dealing in oxycotton etc... they are controlled and you have be have licence to deal in them and a precription to buy and to use them
But in an organized ring, these can be easily circumvented, no? A doping doctor can issue prescriptions for example. And a well organized agency can get a license too I imagine (or is my argument flawed?).

TheDarkLord said:
But in an organized ring, these can be easily circumvented, no? A doping doctor can issue prescriptions for example. And a well organized agency can get a license too I imagine (or is my argument flawed?).
what do you think would happen to a doctor writing 100s prescriptions for EPO or steriods to healthy olympic or pro atheletes? doctors can't just write prescription for anything without a valid reason.. what do you think would happen to a doctor writing 100s of prescriptions for oxycotton for no valid reason?

in fact when Kelly White (100m and 200m gold medalist at world track champs) 1st got busted in a dope test... it was for a drug that has a legit use for narcolepsy (also turned out the be the masking agent for "the clear" the designer steriod she got from BALCO and ultimately tested positive for after a rival coach provided a sample of the substance to officials) and she had a prescription for that narcolepsy drug... the doctor that wrote that prescription has subsequently lost his licence to practice medicine since White or her doctor, inspite of her prescription couldn't produce any history of her narcolepsy... other atheletes also tested positive for the substance and used the narcolepsy excuse... can you imagine the whole finals in the olympics falling asleep during their race? it's kinda like how a larger percentage of pro cyclist all have asthma... yeah, right.

so sure anyone, including doctors can participate in any number of illegal scemes but they also leave themselves open jail time or loss of licences just like anyone else

edit - and a legit distributor has to keep records of sales, customers etc.. records that would reveal ilicit activity... why BALCO, which otherwise was a legit company had to do it's steriod sales under the radar and why Conte the CEO when to jail for illegal steriod distro and money laundering... you can't have "sale $3000 steroids to customer Barry Bonds on your records"..

doctorSpoc said:
what do you think would happen to a doctor writing 100s prescriptions for EPO or steriods to healthy olympic or pro atheletes? doctors can't just write prescription for anything without a valid reason.. what do you think would happen to a doctor writing 100s of prescriptions for oxycotton for no valid reason?
Who says they are breaking into the doctor's office? They are (hypothetically) raiding the athlete's home and finding perhaps one prescription. Not 100's of them from one doctor. Of course, they could then break into the doctor's office and find out his list of patients. But a lot of PED medications can be excused on medical grounds. It is not about the truth here. Its about the ability to cover one's ass.

In any case... I'm a bit lost again on what your point is? Is it that the feds have lots of ammunition to go looking for athletes who are prescripton drug abusers?

Crankyfeet said:
Who says they are breaking into the doctor's office? They are (hypothetically) raiding the athlete's home and finding perhaps one prescription. Not 100's of them from one doctor. Of course, they could then break into the doctor's office and find out his list of patients. But a lot of PED medications can be excused on medical grounds. It is not about the truth here. Its about the ability to cover one's ass.

In any case... I'm a bit lost again on what your point is? Is it that the feds have lots of ammunition to go looking for athletes who are prescripton drug abusers?
ok so lets take one doctor and one patient who happens to be a healthy pro cyclist... doctor writes a prescription for EPO and patient subsequently gets caught... well doctor would likely lose his licence... this is reguardless of who investigated him... the doctor is taking a risk any way you slice it.

may nain point is that what makes the feds more effective is that they can break down doors and search your house in the middle of the night, they can question you and if you lie, you go to jail.. even if you just don't answer they can put you in jail.. they can tap phone lines... supeona phone records... get your email from your ISP.. they have access to labs and millions of dollars in resources... what does WADA have compared to that... unannounced testing... woopdy doo... also what it the punnishment? so i lose my ability to race... it's bad but i can move on... at least i still have my freedom and don't have to go get sodomized in some federal pen somewhere.

doctorSpoc said:
ok so lets take one doctor and one patient who happens to be a healthy pro cyclist... doctor writes a prescription for EPO and patient subsequently gets caught... well doctor would likely lose his licence... this is reguardless of who investigated him... the doctor is taking a risk any way you slice it.

may nain point is that what makes the feds more effective is that they can break down doors and search your house in the middle of the night, they can question you and if you lie, you go to jail.. even if you just don't answer they can put you in jail.. they can tap phone lines... supeona phone records... get your email from your ISP.. they have access to labs and millions of dollars in resources... what does WADA have compared to that... unannounced testing... woopdy doo... also what it the punnishment? so i lose my ability to race... it's bad but i can move on... at least i still have my freedom and don't have to go get sodomized in some federal pen somewhere.
Agreed on Fed powers... official or not... but I think most of us are... so I can't understand why you're getting your knickers in a knot with everyone.

helmutRoole2 said:
You are 100% correct.
doctorSpoc said:

Great post Dottore Spock! Correct: WADA weapons sudden tests and athletical passport soon. This is very ineffective.
Crankyfeet said:
Agreed on Fed powers... official or not... but I think most of us are... so I can't understand why you're getting your knickers in a knot with everyone.
Not everyone…
tongue.gif

italiano said:
You are 100% correct.
Great post Dottore Spock! Correct: WADA weapons sudden tests and athletical passport soon. This is very ineffective.
Not everyone…
tongue.gif
Oh look ... it's italiano "I hitto my heado anna canna no longero speako da Anglo" chiming in from Tuscany...:p