Bjarne Riis biography : english edition

limerickman

Jan 5, 2004
I was in Germany for the past few days and I spotted Bjarne Riis biography on sale.
Unfortunately it is written in German.

Does anyone know if an english edition is due for release?

Thanks in advance.

Bjarne Riis: Etappen in Licht und Schatten ? if it is in German there is a high chance of doping and doping and doping talk,
i just went through another book in german supposedly to be about cycling Sporting Directors and it was 60% doping talk,
with all due respect cycling doesn`t have the same tradition and respect in germany as it does in other european countries,

Oh yes, the Germans do have a long tradition of cycling. For many years, the East Germans won races through systematic doping. And after the fall of the Berlin wall, one or two riders have used illegal substances, too.

The difference is, rather, that in Germany, the doping problem is seen as something that undermines the foundation of the sport. At least in the media.

i would disagree with you, they are truly obsessed with doping in cycling,

hi Limerickman,

The english edition will be available in May 2012 from Vision Sports Publishing. Hope that helps!

Originally Posted by Vision Sports .

hi Limerickman,

The english edition will be available in May 2012 from Vision Sports Publishing. Hope that helps!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by vspa .

i would disagree with you, they are truly obsessed with doping in cycling,
I don't see what you are disagreeing with. Your statement confirms rather than denies the point you're responding to.

Originally Posted by limerickman .

I was in Germany for the past few days and I spotted Bjarne Riis biography on sale.

Thanks in advance.
An admitted cheater. Why would you want to read about a fraud? Your time must be worth something!

Originally Posted by qdc15 .

I don't see what you are disagreeing with. Your statement confirms rather than denies the point you're responding to.
no it doesn't, i disagree about the amount of tradition about cycling in Germany,
yes there is doping but there is also a great sport.

Riis cheated ok, but he also arrived at the tour with + 35,000 kilometers, so how much do you log in a year ?

An admitted cheater, like many of those he was riding against. Ignoring huge swaths of cycling history and it's personalities is anyone's perogative, not everyone's.

Originally Posted by vspa .

Riis cheated ok, but he also arrived at the tour with + 35,000 kilometers, so how much do you log in a year ?
More than you.

i get disgusted by doping too, i didn't want to start a fight over this,

Originally Posted by limerickman .

Thanks in advance.

who cares?

Originally Posted by qdc15 .

An admitted cheater. Why would you want to read about a fraud? Your time must be worth something!
I'd like to read his story nonetheless : the fact that he admitted cheating I acknowledge