Bjarne Riis

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tf, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Lindsay wrote:
    >
    > > I am associated with 3 running groups, an officer with one of them. People who can run a 3K with
    > > an ave of 7 minute miles are runners. If you can run a 10K with a 7 min ave you can be
    > > sub-seeded for many races that have big purses and professional attendance. Pretending that
    > > people who run 7 minute miles are 'joggers' is utter bullshit. Saying as much only proves ones
    > > ignorance, or bias. ;-)
    >
    > Where are these races? Does runing a 7 min average in a "big race" make you feel better when the
    > lead is at sub 5 mins/mile and the average is better than 6???
    >
    > Rule of thumb here (as explained by club coach) is: 34 min 10K - club runner 30 min 10K -
    > provincial rep better than 30 min 10K - national rep
    >
    > I'll stick with my original characterisation.

    I'll stick with:

    7 minute miles are slow as shit.

    Seeded runners? LOL

  2. Ryan M. Hare

    Ryan M. Hare Guest

    news:v%[email protected]...
    > Why would it ruin your road riding? If you're the President, you can do

    > vacations".

    Bush has taken much, much more than that. People seem to have forgotten that, in his first year and
    a half in office (all pre Sept. 11), he set a record for most days away from the White House on
    vacation. Mostly he was on his dude ranch.

    Probably no cycling invloved, just a lot of posing in cowboy hats.

    Ryan

  3. lazysegall

    lazysegall New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2003
    A national team coach is not how you make great cyclists...In the past 20 years the US has had great sucess in cycling. World Champions, Giro winner, 8 TDF winner, ect. The US has had this sucess by allowing Europeans to recognize US talent. When they do then the riders can and should turn pro so that Europeans can groom them. Bjarne will not make LA or tyler win the WCs or the Olympics. If their team leaders want them to race those races and the riders dedicate themselves too those goals then it can happen. If you want to improve US cycling look for these changes. One, make cycling more popular. Learning to ride a bike is not hard. People who have the requisite physical talent need to learn that they can Cycle for money. Two, support US teams at a high level with US riders. Some US riders won;t get the early spots on the European Peoloton so their needs to be some second rate US teams (at the level of CCC polsat and Fakta) to give US teams experience. Third, National team coaches need to targert talented riders and get them in touch with the right teams and right people. In other words talented riders like Hamilton should move to teams like CSC.

  4. Lindsay

    Lindsay Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 03:49:39 GMT, "Kurgan Gringioni"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'll stick with:
    >
    >7 minute miles are slow as shit.
    >

    >Seeded runners? LOL

    Are you intentionally being an idiot here? Once again, I said sub-seeded.

    When it comes to running, just as in politics, you are a Fred!!

    What you used to do in college is cute. Makes no difference today. A buddy I run with came in the
    top 100 of the Peachtree for about the 10th time. About 6 more in our running group came in the top
    1000. Not too shabby. Your typical Fred response would say they were jogging.

    Lindsay
    ----------------------------
    "One of the annoying things about believing in free will and individual responsibility is the
    difficulty of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And when you do find somebody, it's
    remarkable how often his picture turns up on your driver's license."

    P.J. O'Rourke

  5. "Lindsay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 03:49:39 GMT, "Kurgan Gringioni"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >I'll stick with:
    > >
    > >7 minute miles are slow as shit.
    > >

    > >Seeded runners? LOL
    >
    > Are you intentionally being an idiot here? Once again, I said sub-seeded.
    >
    > When it comes to running, just as in politics, you are a Fred!!
    >
    > What you used to do in college is cute. Makes no difference today. A buddy I run with came in the
    > top 100 of the Peachtree for about the 10th time. About 6 more in our running group came in the
    > top 1000. Not too shabby. Your typical Fred response would say they were jogging.

    Hey Dumbass -

    7 minute mils are slow as shit.

  6. "Lindsay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:54:52 GMT, "Kurgan Gringioni"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Hey Dumbass -
    > >
    > >7 minute mils are slow as shit.
    >
    > It's not slow, and you remain to be nothing but a limp dick dumbass little Fred. ;-)

    That depends upon what your standard is.

    7 minute miles isn't remotely competitive.

  7. Lindsay wrote:
    > On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:54:52 GMT, "Kurgan Gringioni"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Hey Dumbass -
    >>
    >>7 minute mils are slow as shit.
    >

    > It's not slow, and you remain to be nothing but a limp dick dumbass little Fred. ;-)

    Discussion closed due to Burns Effect.