Black spokes

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by WTF,O, May 16, 2004.

  1. WTF,O

    WTF,O Guest

    Anyone know what sort of treatment is being applied to stainless steel
    spokes to make them black? Is is just paint? Can't be anodizing - that's
    for aluminum. How durable is this surface paint or surface treatment
    proving to be?

    Cal

    Tags:

  2. WTF,O wrote:
    > Anyone know what sort of treatment is being applied to stainless steel
    > spokes to make them black? Is is just paint? Can't be anodizing - that's
    > for aluminum. How durable is this surface paint or surface treatment
    > proving to be?

    Stainless steel has a thin film of oxide on the surface and can be
    anodised, as can titanium, niobium and lots of other metals. However, I
    don't know if that is what is done to the spokes.

  3. Bert L.am

    Bert L.am Guest

    "Zog The Undeniable" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]
    > WTF,O wrote:
    > > Anyone know what sort of treatment is being applied to stainless steel
    > > spokes to make them black? Is is just paint? Can't be anodizing -

    that's
    > > for aluminum. How durable is this surface paint or surface treatment
    > > proving to be?

    > Stainless steel has a thin film of oxide on the surface and can be
    > anodised, as can titanium, niobium and lots of other metals. However, I
    > don't know if that is what is done to the spokes.

    yes, that's what they do

    --
    Posted by news://news.nb.nu

  4. WTF,O

    WTF,O Guest

    > > Stainless steel has a thin film of oxide on the surface and can be
    > > anodised, as can titanium, niobium and lots of other metals. However, I
    > > don't know if that is what is done to the spokes.

    > yes, that's what they do
    >

    > --
    > Posted by news://news.nb.nu

    Thanks guys.