Black Teenagers bumping loud rap music in their cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
bicycledick said:
They are the ones that make songs Push it Real Good and **** the police and He's so Horny. We don't produce music like that now let alone 100 years ago. We would only have country music, Blue Grass. You can't badmouth that type of music. I know if Black guys walk into a dance place if you start playing Ernst Tubbs they won't hang around long. I was in a place one night when brothers walked into the door they started playing Michael Jackson and the brothers got down.
If we wrote music with lyrics Kill the Borthers and Brothers are dumb and Brothers can't read you'd be raising heck. But you can make all kinds of music that degrade us.
Everytime it's four brothers and one redneck there is problems, but when redneck gets two more rednecks no problem.
We had a lot of trouble in the school with the brothers. They were causing all kidns of trouble. About ten of us rednecks said that's enough and started kicking brothers. They brought a real bad brother out to school. In the prinicpals office they beat the **** out of him. We did not have anymore toruble the rest of the year. Not once. This school is half brothers.

Soooo, what's your point...
Anyway, never much cared for fictional stories/anedotes/etc...makes for a nice bedtime story, I suppose...

Your screename is really the point, but I'm curious and having fun with you nonetheless...

Ahhhh, another fictional fairy tale...your good at story telling, my friend. I'm sure they go over real well where your live...Where I'm from, I know better...

So, what's your real name, and where do you live anonomous internet tough guy? Let's see if you're tough enough to pull the sheet off your head...

tonyzackery said:
Your screename is really the point, but I'm curious and having fun with you nonetheless...

Ahhhh, another fictional fairy tale...your good at story telling, my friend. I'm sure they go over real well where your live...Where I'm from, I know better...

So, what's your real name, and where do you live anonomous internet tough guy? Let's see if you're tough enough to pull the sheet off your head...
****! You better act like you know. My home boy you better get your **** scrait.

bicycledick said:
****! You better act like you know. My home boy you better get your **** scrait.

I didn't think so...

Anyway, I'm done with this dialogue. Due to the obscurity of the net, I realize I'm probably trying to have an adult conversation with a zit-faced teenager...definitely a losing proposition on my end...I'm done.

Check out Top Buzz, NYE 1991, Fantazia....:) Google it, no direct link I'm afraid.:)

tonyzackery said:
Thanks for resurrecting this bastion of intellectual excellence...

I believe the thread subject was: :
icon1.gif
Black Teenagers bumping loud rap music in their cars:

followed by an expansion of:

Insecure Banana said:
This applies to male and female teenagers.
Not exclusively black, but Hispanic and white as well.

And then you responded with:

tonyzackery said:
With myself being at one time in the past a "black teenager", I do take offense to the title of your thread. Ethnicity has nothing to do with how loud people play their music.
For future reference, it's a good habit to read the contents of a post and not just the subject line. The original poster clearly states that they are talking about different races (not just those with black skin).
Although this problem isn't limited by race, the original poster was most probably talking about the people in the area around their home and town, making the inclusion of any specific details about the original issue justified.

You obviously got personally offended and handled your problem not only hypocritically, but with rude intentions. (color coded for referencing purposes)

First you state:

tonyzackery said:
What's even more annoying are no-nuts people that ***** and complain anonomously [sic] on internet forums.

...and then you go on to complain about the thread again, somehow thinking that a board dedicated to ranting isn't a place where one should be able to vent their frustration.

tonyzackery said:
Your public display of penis envy could be embarassing [sic] to me if I really cared anything about your feelings. Take your insecurities and bigotry somewhere else...please. Lastly, just because "plenty of people complain about whatever" doesn't justify the practice. Biyatches biyatch, so then you're just another biyatch...I'm done with you...

It seems to me that you require your own soapbox thread in which to vent your racial insecurities. Take this to heart: Not all references to race denote racism or racist intentions. If you live your life thinking otherwise, you'll find many racists where there are none.

PS: "*****ing" is a subjective label for complaining. Wouldn't it make more sense to label this thread as justified complaints seeing as the actual problem stated is a typical annoyance? It seems your subjective label is based solely on the offense you took from the subject-line.

^^^Another anonomous expert with a psychology degree from a Cracker Jack box.

The title of the thread was offensive irrespective of the backtracking contained in subsequent posts.

Obviously you wear rose-colored glasses - good for you. I'm certain in your worldview, racism doesn't even exist and those that attempt to expose racism are just paranoid and insecure. Hey, you're entitled to your opinion, however distorted...

So what's the point of your comment - to ***** about my comments? Hmmm, seems a might hypocritical to me, no?;)

I use my true name as my screenname because I'm not afraid of being exposed. I have little to no respect for fictional characters that spout nonsensical mutterings...stand up behind your words, otherwise they mean little...;)

tonyzackery said:
^^^Another anonomous expert with a psychology degree from a Cracker Jack box.

The title of the thread was offensive irrespective of the backtracking contained in subsequent posts.

'Backtracking' seems to be inaccurate, as the original poster did not say 'only black people' in the subject line. They simply added information in the body text to present a more accurate explanation. While I agree that the subject line could have been more concise, there was no reason to jump to the conclusion you did in light of the clarifications contained with the body of the message.

Obviously you wear rose-colored glasses - good for you. I'm certain in your worldview, racism doesn't even exist and those that attempt to expose racism are just paranoid and insecure. Hey, you're entitled to your opinion, however distorted...
That is an obvious Strawman. I'm not claiming that racism is non-existant. Your accusations of racism, however, were rash and, considering the immediate qualification in the body of the opening post, unfounded.

So what's the point of your comment - to ***** about my comments? Hmmm, seems a might hypocritical to me, no?;)
The purpose of my post was to point out the problems with your responses to the original poster of this thread. Whether I was 'complaining about' or 'pointing out flaws in' your posts is irrelevant. I never made the claim that this was a bad place for complaints. You, however, did make that claim, and then demonstrated hypocrisy by complaining about things on the same board (in the same thread no-less).

I use my true name as my screenname because I'm not afraid of being exposed. I have little to no respect for fictional characters that spout nonsensical mutterings...stand up behind your words, otherwise they mean little...;)
Being public about one's identity on an internet forum does not lend any credit to one's ideas. The anonymity that can be utilized online is useful to the cause of free speech since almost anyone can post their ideas without fear of retribution. The free exchange of ideas is an important component in pursing the truth. I don't condemn you for being transparent with your identity, but if you're claiming that the validity, cogency, or importance of one's ideas are in any way affected by that person's true identity, then you are wrong. Anonymity is not synonymous with fiction, and anonymous posters are equally capable of posting intelligent ideas (or nonsense) as identified posters are. In other words, the content of a post is determined by the individual and not their anonymity or lack thereof.

PS: Anonymity can also help prevent the often used logically fallacy 'Tu quoque".

LOL! This "new" member is motivated to post by me - I feel honored.:D

What we got here is another anonomous expert with a Psychology degree from a Cracker Jack box. Better yet, a fictional doctoral candidate at Jackass U. with nothing better to do with his life than nitpick my comments on a cycling forum. LOL! Get a life!

As I said, you're entitled to your opinion(s), however distorted...

tonyzackery said:
LOL! This "new" member is motivated to post by me - I feel honored.:D

What we got here is another anonomous expert with a Psychology degree from a Cracker Jack box. Better yet, a fictional doctoral candidate at Jackass U. with nothing better to do with his life than nitpick my comments on a cycling forum. LOL! Get a life!

As I said, you're entitled to your opinion(s), however distorted...

-

I don't like having to listen to other people's music. If it can be heard with the windows rolled up, it is too effing loud!!! And it is not a phenomena of just African Americans or teenagers or rap music. I have been annoyed by old men and women playing Hank Williams or Glenn Miller with the volume cranked way up(maybe at their age they should invest in hearing aids). Anyway, this thread should be re-titled because it probably is offensive to some of the forum members.

kdelong said:
I don't like having to listen to other people's music. If it can be heard with the windows rolled up, it is too effing loud!!! And it is not a phenomena of just African Americans or teenagers or rap music. I have been annoyed by old men and women playing Hank Williams or Glenn Miller with the volume cranked way up(maybe at their age they should invest in hearing aids).
kdelong said:
Anyway, this thread should be re-titled because it probably is offensive to some of the forum members.

I agree, and several requests have been made to do so by others. It appears the mods want to keep stuff stirred up for some reason. I guess they don't care if a subject line offends people. If I was a mod here, there would be no way I would let a thread continue where the subject line had a reference to race. Whats next a KKK application thread?....:confused:

slyjackson said:

[/B]

I agree, and several requests have been made to do so by others. It appears the mods want to keep stuff stirred up for some reason. I guess they don't care if a subject line offends people. If I was a mod here, there would be no way I would let a thread continue where the subject line had a reference to race. Whats next a KKK application thread?....:confused:
Send a PM to Limerickman. I don't have mod access to this area so I can't fix it.

slyjackson said:

If I was a mod here, there would be no way I would let a thread continue where the subject line had a reference to race. Whats next a KKK application thread?....:confused:

Why should a thread be deleted or edited just because it offends people? I agree that threads should be moderated for obvious racism (such as KKK applications), but the idea that any thread with a reference to race should be edited or delete is going completely overboard.

Additionally, why should moderation stop at race? If you mention that some kids were listening to country too loud, should I be offended about that? "how dare you insult country music!"

haha people these days are so scared of offending each other or appearing racist that they cannot even speak their mind on an internet forum! It's people like you who allow that ignorant "don't depict mohammad" type of terrorism to thrive and obtain special status in society.

Great idea! Let's CENSOR everyone. THAT will solve society's problems:rolleyes:

elkxp said:
Why should a thread be deleted or edited just because it offends people? I agree that threads should be moderated for obvious racism (such as KKK applications), but the idea that any thread with a reference to race should be edited or delete is going completely overboard.

Additionally, why should moderation stop at race? If you mention that some kids were listening to country too loud, should I be offended about that? "how dare you insult country music!"

haha people these days are so scared of offending each other or appearing racist that they cannot even speak their mind on an internet forum! It's people like you who allow that ignorant "don't depict mohammad" type of terrorism to thrive and obtain special status in society.

You're a complete idiot. Its narrow minded people like you that causes a lot of problems in this world. You must get a kick out of throwing verbal insults at people and feel threaten if someone calls your hold card on it. Your post actually didn't make too much sense. In your world of ignorance, you must believe racism does not exist and its ok to offend people because its done on the internet.. moderation should stop any subject that others have identified as being offensive such as the subject line of this thread. One would have to be a complete moron and have the IQ of a common house plant not to understand that. I'm out of this...

elkxp said:

And your ranting and raving is helping what?

You're just a troll.

People, please don't feed the troll.

slyjackson said:
You're a complete idiot. Its narrow minded people like you that causes a lot of problems in this world. You must get a kick out of throwing verbal insults at people and feel threaten if someone calls your hold card on it. Your post actually didn't make too much sense. In your world of ignorance, you must believe racism does not exist and its ok to offend people because its done on the internet.. moderation should stop any subject that others have identified as being offensive such as the subject line of this thread. One would have to be a complete moron and have the IQ of a common house plant not to understand that. I'm out of this...

What part of it did not make sense?

Just like tonyzackery, you're committing the Strawman Fallacy. I never said that racism does not exist. My claim is that everyone reference to race is not a sound justification for editing or deleting a post. For example, if I were to say "There is a white guy in my neighborhood who always slams his car door and it bugs me," is this being racist? Mentioning the details of an incident is not racist. Racism is a generalization about a race. In other words, if I said something like "There is a white guy in my neighborhood who always slams his door. Why are white people so inconsiderate!?" then THAT would be racist.

The original poster did not make such generalizations about black people, or any race for that matter. You just read the subject, assumed he was racist, and demanded that the subject line be changed even though it makes no racist claim. He simply mentions a particular race.

tl;dr: Mentioning race is not racist. Racism is a generalization about a race of people. Racism requires a claim about an ethnic group, not just one about particular individuals you notice in your neighborhood.

Additionally, just because someone is offended by something doesn't mean it should be censored or otherwise edited. An offending statement or opinion is not necessarily valid or invalid, and therefore it should stand on it's own, regardless of people's emotional opinions. For example, if I were to say "I think gays should be able to marry" and this offended someone, should I be censored? Is that just?

64Paramount said:
And your ranting and raving is helping what?

You're just a troll.

People, please don't feed the troll.

I'm not a troll. I'm providing a valid opinion and a logical analysis of this thread. If you have a contrary opinion, then I would like you to post it, especially if you think I'm wrong.

Also, if you guys are going to 'feed me,' then at least address my arguments. "Your post doesn't make sense" is not a rebuttal.

tonyzackery said:
Got some real small-mindedness startin' up in here now...

Just consider this - it's a Black thing and you wouldn't know nuthin' about it...

Translation: just because you're from another culture/ethnicity/background/color/prefer another genre of music/etc.. - it's rather silly to berate another's culture/ethnicity/background/prefence in music/etc... - just because it doesn't agree with your narrow and quite small view of the world...

It's called enlightenment and tolerance of differences. Perhaps you're not interested in "tolerating" another's way of life. If that's truly the case, then go back to the suburbs or the sticks, or wherever you hole yourself up...

Better yet, try your biyatch sessions with those that are blastin' the loud music...I dare you...:D

TZ, I'm kinda leaning a bit your way on this, it's not a race thing, it's more 'cultural'... as in most youth today don't have any.

I've heard the "It's a black thing" comment a few times, and call BS on it every time. Tolerance of differences? I'm there -- as long as you're not forcing your choices down my throat.

I personally don't care what anyone else listens to, i just don't want to be forced to listen to it, too. Stepping on your rights by saying, "Turn it down"? You're stepping on my rights by having it turned up! It's as simple as that.

You (or anyone) could stick my favorite CD in the player, and play it through the sub-equipped stereo, and I guarantee I wouldn't like the results.

And I've been 'forbidden' from having more 'sessions' with the thugs... by my extended family, who tell me these a$$holes will set the house on fire in the middle of the night and kill the kids. (THIS is why I pine for the old military ordnance....)

Status
Not open for further replies.