Blackburn Mag Trackstand

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Skyflwr, May 8, 2003.

  1. Skyflwr

    Skyflwr New Member

    Joined:
    May 8, 2003
    I want to bid on a trainer but want to make sure there are not problems riding my MTB tire on the equipment.

    I noticed that some trainers require a slick tire.

    Any help out there?

    Tags:

  2. Terry Morse

    Terry Morse Guest

    Skyflwr wrote:

    > I want to bid on a trainer but want to make sure there are not problems riding my MTB tire on the
    > equipment.
    >
    > I noticed that some trainers require a slick tire.

    You can use a knobby, but it will be so noisy you'll want to wear earplugs. Pick up an old wheel and
    put a slick tire on it.

  3. In article <[email protected]>, usenet- [email protected] says...
    > I want to bid on a trainer but want to make sure there are not problems riding my MTB tire on the
    > equipment.
    >
    > I noticed that some trainers require a slick tire.
    >
    > Any help out there?

    Use a knobby if you like that numb feeling "down there". The rubber will paint your livingroom wall
    in short order. Look for a rim drive trainer if you don't want to change tires, otherwise get a $5
    slick tire to go with it.
    --

  4. Skyflwr <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I want to bid on a trainer but want to make sure there are not problems riding my MTB tire on the
    > equipment.
    >
    > I noticed that some trainers require a slick tire.
    >
    > Any help out there?

    simple. change your rear tire to a slick tire for use on the trainer. Takes only a few minutes and a
    pair of tire levers.

    -Luigi