Blackburn Quadrant Mars

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Fujiman, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Fujiman

Fujiman New Member

Is anyone using this light or know anyone who does? Looks like a good deal, here in N.E. Ohio I will be out of light soon in the evenings, and need a light set. I live kind of out in the country where there are no street lights so I will need to see the road and be seen by cars. I am looking at this light and a Cateye, see links below.

Thanks for any help

http://www.amazon.com/Blackburn-Quadrant-Combo-Bicycle-Light/dp/B000BNZ0ME

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300162902323&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020

Tags:

2. Halcyon1

Halcyon1 New Member

I have both of them. I like the tail light (Mars?), but the headlight I don t like a lot. Only use it to be legal in the early morning light. Problem with the headlight is that it is not bright enough and the light shine into my eyes. I covered the top with duct tape to stop this. Once you start putting stuff on the bars space becomes a priority and the Quadrant is too wide. Get the tailight though - it's good.
    Halcyon1

3. TomBrooklyn

TomBrooklyn New Member

I just got this set and the Mars is not working but the Quadrant Headlamp seemed pretty bright to me. It is really bright shining into my eyes. I'm going to have to put some tape across the top too.

Is there any issue using it on strobe? I pulled up next to a cop car tonight with the Quadrant strobing and I think they hesitated for a bit checking out where the strobe was coming from because it looks like it might be some kind of emergency beacon. On water, if I'm not mistaken, strobes are only to be used in emergencies.

4. rudycyclist

rudycyclist New Member

The rear, red light is excellent and use it when I'm finishing my rides when it starts to become dark. The quadrant is nice and bright and does a pretty good job when it's 100% dark out. I used to ride in the morning before the sun came up and it did a good job. Another nice feature of both of these is the flashing options to help be seen. The one downfall to it is the amount of bar space it takes up. It barely fits on oversized bars but it can be done. Overall, it's a pretty good set and will give you plenty of light.