Blackspur cycle computer

Martin Wilson

Guest
Anyone got one and is it half decent? What are the main drawbacks of
buying such a cheap cycle computer compared to the dearer models? Is
this something its safe to go cheap with?

Also wheres the best place to get one?

Do cheapo shops like Poundstretcher stock it?

In case you don't know Blackspur is the brand name for a major
scottish importer of low cost/ultra cheap chinese goods and they are
resold via wholesalers and a huge chain of independant discount shops.
Sort of shops that call themselves; Mega-Bargain, DiscountZone etc.

Martin Wilson wrote:

> Anyone got one and is it half decent? What are the main drawbacks of
> buying such a cheap cycle computer compared to the dearer models? Is
> this something its safe to go cheap with?
>
> Also wheres the best place to get one?
>
> Do cheapo shops like Poundstretcher stock it?
>
> In case you don't know Blackspur is the brand name for a major
> scottish importer of low cost/ultra cheap chinese goods and they are
> resold via wholesalers and a huge chain of independant discount shops.
> Sort of shops that call themselves; Mega-Bargain, DiscountZone etc.

Or "Circle K" in Swindon. I don't know about Blackspur but my Ronson
cable cutters (£3) are excellent.

In message <40c5f0e9.0@entanet>
Zog The Undeniable <[email protected]> wrote:

> Martin Wilson wrote:
>
> > Anyone got one and is it half decent? What are the main drawbacks of
> > buying such a cheap cycle computer compared to the dearer models? Is
> > this something its safe to go cheap with?
> >
> > Also wheres the best place to get one?
> >
> > Do cheapo shops like Poundstretcher stock it?
> >
> > In case you don't know Blackspur is the brand name for a major
> > scottish importer of low cost/ultra cheap chinese goods and they are
> > resold via wholesalers and a huge chain of independant discount shops.
> > Sort of shops that call themselves; Mega-Bargain, DiscountZone etc.

> Or "Circle K" in Swindon. I don't know about Blackspur but my Ronson
> cable cutters (£3) are excellent.

And when I tried one I found Blackspur screwdrivers were made of cheese.
Avoid

>> Or "Circle K" in Swindon. I don't know about Blackspur but my Ronson
>> cable cutters (£3) are excellent.

>And when I tried one I found Blackspur screwdrivers were made of cheese.
>Avoid

I suspect the cycle computer wouldn't have dairy product related
components. I hear what your saying but surely you could get away with
a cheap cycle computer? I just wish I could find one to try.

Martin Wilson wrote:

> I suspect the cycle computer wouldn't have dairy product related
> components. I hear what your saying but surely you could get away with
> a cheap cycle computer? I just wish I could find one to try.

If you want cheap, a bit of string and a map works

Tony

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 08:13:44 +0100, Martin Wilson
<[email protected]> wrote (more or less):

>>> Or "Circle K" in Swindon. I don't know about Blackspur but my Ronson
>>> cable cutters (£3) are excellent.

>>And when I tried one I found Blackspur screwdrivers were made of cheese.
>>Avoid

>I suspect the cycle computer wouldn't have dairy product related
>components. I hear what your saying but surely you could get away with
>a cheap cycle computer? I just wish I could find one to try.

My Equus Judo cost me all of £6.95 IIRC.

Mind you, the bracket that holds it onto the handlebars has broken, so
it's no longer seized in an iron grip. I keep meaning to superglue it
the the remaining mass of mounting, but I've never quite worked up the
energy.

--
Cheers,
Euan

In news:[email protected],
Tony Raven <[email protected]> typed:
> Martin Wilson wrote:
>>
>> I suspect the cycle computer wouldn't have dairy product related
>> components. I hear what your saying but surely you could get away
>> with a cheap cycle computer? I just wish I could find one to try.

> If you want cheap, a bit of string and a map works

Do you know how much maps cost?

Ambrose Nankivell wrote:
> In news:[email protected],
> Tony Raven <[email protected]> typed:
>> Martin Wilson wrote:
>>>
>>> I suspect the cycle computer wouldn't have dairy product related
>>> components. I hear what your saying but surely you could get away
>>> with a cheap cycle computer? I just wish I could find one to try.

>> If you want cheap, a bit of string and a map works
>>

> Do you know how much maps cost?

Free if you cycle to the local library to consult them. I find them useful to
have anyway to navigate but if you don't need them for that they can be had
for free or even picked up for £1.99 for a whole of England road atlas at
suitable for cycling scale.

Tony