Bladex Basic 238c 38mm Clincher Wheelset

por23dias

Apr 26, 2015
After 25 years in the sport and after so many wheelsets, including my first 7-speed araya set, to Campy eurus, Zipp 440, Corima disc wheel, Mavic Ksyriums, and so many others, I decided to give these clincher wheels a try and they are impressive. Smooth, great acceleration, stiff, and surprisingly light. This wheelset has the aluminum braking surface, which is normally heavier than carbon braking surface, but it was custom built with aluminum nipples, lightweight aero spokes and lighter novatec hubs. Instead of the stock 1734 grams, my set weighs 1550 grams. Great for training. I have already put 500 miles on them and haven't had any problems. Can't argue with the quality or the price. You get great service, free shipping, rim strips, brake pads, titanium quick releases and replacement spokes. The bladex logos seem to be great quality but the wheels look a little plain. May be they should add a little color to the logos or add something extra to the just plain Bladex logo, but that is just looks. Great wheels. I would definetly buy them again.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    806.8 KB · Views: 13
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
The price is right. Keep us posted on how they hold up to pot holes, staying true, cracking, etc.