Blair Thugs Eject 80 Year Old Man!

Carrera

Feb 2, 2004
Walter Wolfgang who fled the Nazis and is now aged 80 was physically thrown out of Blair's Labour Party Conference for heckling Jack Straw over the Iraq war. He was set upon by 2 bruisers and dragged from his chair.
His crime was to shout out the word, "nonsense!"
So, is this the reality of Blair's democracy and freedom of expression he claims Saddam Hussein denied his own people?
And what about the elderly woman in her late seventies who has gone to prison for non-payment of rates she claims are too exorbitant?
Here is how the Wolfgang story has been reported:

"Walter Wolfgang, the elderly man who was strong-armed out of the Labour Party conference, has returned saying: "You cannot stifle debate by hiring heavies." Mr Wolfgang, 82, was greeted by a barrage of news cameras and photographers as he arrived at the Brighton Centre.
He made a short statement to the press about his ejection from the conference by what he described as "hired heavies", during Jack Straw's speech about the war in Iraq.
He told reporters: "You cannot stifle debate by hiring heavies."

is this the same uk that conducts parliament to resounding heckling up to and including the shouting out of worse than "nonsense"?

hmm, seems free speech is limited, it applies only to those in office.
as for the us, this bastion of freedom and example for the rest of the
"free world", it can't happen here...

Carrera said:
Walter Wolfgang who fled the Nazis and is now aged 80 was physically thrown out of Blair's Labour Party Conference for heckling Jack Straw over the Iraq war. He was set upon by 2 bruisers and dragged from his chair.
His crime was to shout out the word, "nonsense!"
He told reporters: "You cannot stifle debate by hiring heavies."

It was absolutely disgraceful that a man of 82 years of age was forcibly thrown out by "bouncers" for saying one word "nonsense" during the speech of British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw.

I'm telling you folks - free speech is dead in the water.

People out to tell Straw and the rest of those wasters where to go.

limerickman said:
It was absolutely disgraceful that a man of 82 years of age was forcibly thrown out by "bouncers" for saying one word "nonsense" during the speech of British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw.

i know, its terrible.

he was given an apology but not a very sincere one by the looks of it.

MountainPro said:
i know, its terrible.

he was given an apology but not a very sincere one by the looks of it.
Too bad for the old man but we could use those bouncers over here...

watch what you wish for, you may well be mistaken for a heckler yourself...

zapper said:

To be honest, I wasn't impressed by those bouncers at all. Let's face it there were two of them against an 80 year old man. One in particular was as fat as a house end and off balance. A couple of well-placed jabs and a right cross and that heavy would have been dropped like a bad habit.

zapper said:

A man of his age should never have been pushed or grabbed. He was visibly out of breath after the incident and could have had a heart attack. As he reiterated he was willing to leave the room without force. His next step should be to press charges for assault. It happens to be illegal for security staff or ushers to use force to evict anyone if the said person has stated he is willing to leave the premises.
This was a man who had fled the Nazi persecution and his age and experience entitles him to a basic level of respect, I think.

limerickman said:

Carrera said:
To be honest, I wasn't impressed by those bouncers at all. Let's face it there were two of them against an 80 year old man. One in particular was as fat as a house end and off balance. A couple of well-placed jabs and a right cross and that heavy would have been dropped like a bad habit.
Or...you could pull out your deck of cards and distract him with your card trickery and then put the hammer down....

Carrera said:
A man of his age should never have been pushed or grabbed. He was visibly out of breath after the incident and could have had a heart attack. As he reiterated he was willing to leave the room without force. His next step should be to press charges for assault. It happens to be illegal for security staff or ushers to use force to evict anyone if the said person has stated he is willing to leave the premises.
This was a man who had fled the Nazi persecution and his age and experience entitles him to a basic level of respect, I think.

The Police detained him under "terrorist" legislation after he was evicted from the hall.

That is a sad development for a democracy like Britain - think about it an 82yo man shouts out the word "nonsense" and he's detained under terrorism legislation.

Your country - the home of the "Mother of all Parliaments" - is going down the same route as the USA.
protect your freedoms over there, before it's too late.

I agree with you on that score. But the problem is people in this country don't really know how to fight for important rights as the French do. I don't understand why this is. Prior to the Thatcher years people did protest and make some waves but once people caved in over the miners strike, they lost the will to strike or protest in a serious way - such as in the Ukraine Orange Revolution.
So, yes, people here are losing their democracy and I believe the Government has been taking advantage of terrorists in order to do this. They allow thousands of illegals in the country for 2 reasons:
(1) To create a cheap labour economy and a divided, multiethnic workforce.
(2) To be able to use religious/political bombings as an excuse to get ride of democracy.
This has become a banana republic, in fact. The above example I quoted is only the tip of the iceberg. I mean, have you read about the Government planning to arrest people on the spot for suspected antisocial behaviour and convict without any court proceedings (on the basis of whatever accusation may have been voiced)? And did you hear how the E.U. courts intervened when a teenager was prevented from walking the street at night as a curfew had been imposed?
Basically I warned this would happen during the last election yet the electorate voted Labour yet again. Now you see the Labour Party in their true colours so what is George W Bush going to say about this treatment of an elderly Jewish dissident? After all, he (Bush) has criticized Putin for not supporting democratic principles. So what does Bush think of an old hollocaust survivor being thrown out of meeting for not agreeing with the speaker and roughed up by a couple of hired thugs? And what does Bush think about 70 year old women going to prison for non payment of taxes?

limerickman said:
The Police detained him under "terrorist" legislation after he was evicted from the hall.

That is a sad development for a democracy like Britain - think about it an 82yo man shouts out the word "nonsense" and he's detained under terrorism legislation.

Your country - the home of the "Mother of all Parliaments" - is going down the same route as the USA.
protect your freedoms over there, before it's too late.