BLART Trail Ride Wed 17 Aug...

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Tamyka Bell, Aug 15, 2005.

  1. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    What's the plan, guys, hello? I just got back from C2S and no one is
    talking to me...

    Tam

    Tags:

  2. Me and my lovely wife are taking the offspring to the Ekka. I'll be a
    bloated mess full of strawberry ice-creams....

    Have fun..... *looks mournfully at shed bereft of any signs of an mtb*

    Abby

  3. adam85

    adam85 Guest

    "Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > What's the plan, guys, hello? I just got back from C2S and no one is
    > talking to me...
    >
    > Tam

    That's because we don't want you to know where we are meeting :) Oh ok 9am
    at the Upper Day Use Area (top dirt carpark) on Daisy Hill Rd. All welcome!

    Adam

  4. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, adam85 wrote:

    > "Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> What's the plan, guys, hello? I just got back from C2S and no one is
    >> talking to me...
    >>
    >> Tam

    > That's because we don't want you to know where we are meeting :) Oh ok 9am
    > at the Upper Day Use Area (top dirt carpark) on Daisy Hill Rd. All welcome!
    >
    > Adam

    Thanks for today guys, how long did you go for? Sorry to bail early but I
    just hit that point where I thought I was going to cough up the last 20%
    of my lungs, and I really needed some sleep (and clean undies too - so I
    did washing as well). I had a good ride through tunnel of love - made it
    over little rocky bits that I normally run over. Still didn't ride over
    the rocky corner because, even though the rocks don't look scary, the
    corner does. And I missed the sandy corner, just because I got nervous, so
    I went back and took it again for a change. Yay! Nirvana was a bit psycho
    though. I would've loved to be able to watch Paulie ride it. Thanks heaps
    for waiting for me Lotte. :D

    Adam85, I gotta say, you look GOOD for an old fart. I've only met you once
    before but I thought you were about 30.

    Tam

  5. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    Tam wrote:

    Thanks for today guys, how long did you go for?

    About 45 minutes. I had to push pretty hard to avoid having to be waited for. At one point, I took off in front of the others and I was PINNING it. Every time I looked back, there was some relaxed looking bastard behind me. Not fair because I was working pretty hard.

    Sorry to bail early but I just hit that point where I thought I was going to cough up the last 20% of my lungs, and I really needed some sleep

    You sounded like a bag of shit, so it's probably a good thing you bailed at that point.

    (and clean undies too - so I did washing as well).

    Noice.

    had a good ride through tunnel of love - made it over little rocky bits that I normally run over. Still didn't ride over the rocky corner because, even though the rocks don't look scary, the corner does.

    You fear corners, but not rocks. You're insane!!!

    And I missed the sandy corner, just because I got nervous, so I went back and took it again for a change. Yay!

    That's the best way to build confidence.

    Nirvana was a bit psycho though. I would've loved to be able to watch Paulie ride it.

    HA!! He stacked!! TWICE!

    Thanks heaps for waiting for me Lotte. :D

    My pleasure, dude.

    Adam85, I gotta say, you look GOOD for an old fart. I've only met you once before but I thought you were about 30.

    Agreed. A bit too fit for my liking though. I felt pretty flogged after that ride yesterday, despite having immense fun.

    Good to ride with you again, Tam... when are we doing it again?

    LotteBum

    P.S. MEN.... BRING YOUR WIVES NEXT TIME.

  6. adam85

    adam85 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2004

    We finished up about 12 I think. Paul and Lotte showed up some really good singletrack, but I only had a vague idea of where we where. James might do us one of those spiffy 3D gps plots.

    Paul is a bit of a gun hey and Lotte was constantly giving me the hurry up. To prove my "gumbiness" I managed to have a really low speed stack just crossing a log at a bit of an angle and the rear tyre slipped out. I lost some bark off my elbow, but also landed on my leg and now the side of my left quad is quite sore when I ride. Bit of a bugger as I've got the QLD Old Farts road race champ on saturday :(

    Gee thanks Tam - It's my intensive Oil of Ulay beauty regime darlink :) You see some of the old vets who are 70+ and still look hard as nails you gotta think this cycling lark must be good for you! Have to remember to wear more suncreen though especially in winter or we'll all end up riddled with skin cancer and looking like a leathery old boot.

    We'll have to do it again sometime soon it was heaps of fun.

    Adam

  7. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    LotteBum wrote:

    > waited for. At one point, I took off in front of the others and I was
    > PINNING it. Every time I looked back, there was some relaxed looking
    > bastard behind me. Not fair because I was working pretty hard.

    I would never, ever, ever do something like that to you Lotte... wanna
    race up the hill?

    > You sounded like a bag of shit, so it's probably a good thing you
    > bailed at that point.

    Thanks for leaving out the bit about how I looked like a bag of shit and
    also rode like one.

    > > had a good ride through tunnel of love - made it over little rocky bits
    > > that I normally run over. Still didn't ride over the rocky corner
    > > because, even though the rocks don't look scary, the corner does.

    > You fear corners, but not rocks. You're insane!!!

    Yeah... I just know I can't corner. You might be right about that road
    stack doing my head in. I'll still corner easy at 45kph at Murarrie, but
    5kph on my own can seem scary... Rocks are cool though.

    > > Nirvana was a bit psycho though. I would've loved to be able to watch
    > > Paulie ride it.

    > HA!! He stacked!! TWICE!

    And you took pleasure in that, of course :D did he stack once on each
    loop or both the same loop?

    > > Adam85, I gotta say, you look GOOD for an old fart. I've only met you
    > > once before but I thought you were about 30.

    > Agreed. A bit too fit for my liking though. I felt pretty flogged
    > after that ride yesterday, despite having immense fun.

    Hehehe and not nearly pasty enough for your liking hahahaha. (Sorry
    Paulie)

    > Good to ride with you again, Tam... when are we doing it again?

    I've managed to get out of the second weekend of work (not this weekend)
    so maybe then. Kurt sends apologies, he was working at some fashion
    show.

    > P.S. MEN.... BRING YOUR WIVES NEXT TIME.

    And small children, I get hungry.

    Tam

  8. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    adam85 wrote:

    > We finished up about 12 I think. Paul and Lotte showed up some really
    > good singletrack, but I only had a vague idea of where we where. James
    > might do us one of those spiffy 3D gps plots.

    Kewl. I never know where I am. I was so totally lost in Nirvana
    (hehehe).

    > Paul is a bit of a gun hey and Lotte was constantly giving me the hurry

    Paulie is pretty amazing but it was much funnier when he was SSing it.

    > up. To prove my "gumbiness" I managed to have a really low speed stack
    > just crossing a log at a bit of an angle and the rear tyre slipped out.
    > I lost some bark off my elbow, but also landed on my leg and now the
    > side of my left quad is quite sore when I ride. Bit of a bugger as I've
    > got the QLD Old Farts road race champ on saturday :(

    She'll be right by then, I guarantee it.*

    > > Tam wrote:
    > > Adam85, I gotta say, you look GOOD for an old fart. I've only met you
    > > once before but I thought you were about 30.
    > >

    > Gee thanks Tam - It's my intensive Oil of Ulay beauty regime darlink :)
    > You see some of the old vets who are 70+ and still look hard as nails
    > you gotta think this cycling lark must be good for you! Have to
    > remember to wear more suncreen though especially in winter or we'll all
    > end up riddled with skin cancer and looking like a leathery old boot.

    That was Lotte's plan, wasn't it? And something about tits down near her
    ankles?

    > We'll have to do it again sometime soon it was heaps of fun.

    Hopefully I'll be healthy!

    Tam

  9. adam85

    adam85 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2004
    Yeah they could have had the bbq going for the end of the ride :)

    I've put a couple of map pics and a google earth file courtesy of james the cartographer (now a lurker) at:

    http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/passion-fingers/Climbs.html

    Adam
    P.S. I showed a workmate and he thought passion-fingers was some sort of smutty reference so for anyone who hasn't heard it before, passion fingers describes someone who f*cks everything they touch :)

  10. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    adam85 wrote:

    > LotteBum Wrote:
    > >
    > > P.S. MEN.... BRING YOUR WIVES NEXT TIME.

    > Yeah they could have had the bbq going for the end of the ride :)
    >
    > I've put a couple of map pics and a google earth file courtesy of james
    > the cartographer (now a lurker) at:
    >
    > http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/passion-fingers/Climbs.html
    >
    > Adam
    > P.S. I showed a workmate and he thought passion-fingers was some sort
    > of smutty reference so for anyone who hasn't heard it before, passion
    > fingers describes someone who f*cks everything they touch :)
    >
    > --
    > adam85

    LOL, watch out, Lotte will try to touch you next time we ride. Probably
    so will Paulie ;)

    Tam

  11. adam85

    adam85 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2004
    Urgh... I meant in a mechanical sense, like stripping threads, shearing bolts etc :)

  12. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    adam85 wrote:

    > Tamyka Bell Wrote:
    > > adam85 wrote:

    > > > Yeah they could have had the bbq going for the end of the ride :)
    > > >
    > > > I've put a couple of map pics and a google earth file courtesy of

    > > james
    > > > the cartographer (now a lurker) at:
    > > >
    > > > http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/passion-fingers/Climbs.html
    > > >
    > > > Adam
    > > > P.S. I showed a workmate and he thought passion-fingers was some

    > > sort
    > > > of smutty reference so for anyone who hasn't heard it before,

    > > passion
    > > > fingers describes someone who f*cks everything they touch :)
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > adam85

    > > LOL, watch out, Lotte will try to touch you next time we ride.
    > > Probably
    > > so will Paulie ;)
    > >
    > > Tam

    > Urgh... I meant in a mechanical sense, like stripping threads, shearing
    > bolts etc :)

    Hehehe I knew what you meant! I'm a bit of a mechano-gumby also. I used
    to work in a laser lab...

    Tam

  13. Zoom

    Zoom Guest

    Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > adam85 wrote:
    >
    >>Tamyka Bell Wrote:

    >>>james

    >>>sort

    >>>passion

    >>>LOL, watch out, Lotte will try to touch you next time we ride.
    >>>Probably
    >>>so will Paulie ;)
    >>>
    >>>Tam

    >>Urgh... I meant in a mechanical sense, like stripping threads, shearing
    >>bolts etc :)

    > Hehehe I knew what you meant! I'm a bit of a mechano-gumby also. I used
    > to work in a laser lab...
    >
    > Tam

    I've got a small He-Ne gas laser I made up from a kit years ago.
    If anybody wants it I'll mail it you for the price of postage.

    Zoom

  14. hippy

    hippy New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2003
    Messages:
    1,806
    Could I fit it to a bike and burn holes in cars?

    hippy

  15. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2005-08-19, Zoom (aka Bruce)
    > I've got a small He-Ne gas laser I made up from a kit years ago.
    > If anybody wants it I'll mail it you for the price of postage.

    Oooh. Where do you live again? How big is it, for postage purpoises?

    --
    TimC
    If it weren't for C, we'd be writing programs in BASI, PASAL, and OBOL.

  16. Zoom

    Zoom Guest

    TimC wrote:
    > On 2005-08-19, Zoom (aka Bruce)
    >
    >>I've got a small He-Ne gas laser I made up from a kit years ago.
    >>If anybody wants it I'll mail it you for the price of postage.

    > Oooh. Where do you live again? How big is it, for postage purpoises?

    Email me direct at [email protected] (I nearly missed the posting.)

    It's a built into a plastic bread box, weighs about half a kilo I suppose.
    I'm in WA.

    Zoom