Blew it today!

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Brenda Hammond, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Hi everyone, I haven't been posting much the last few weeks, but I'm still here. I've been a little
    distracted by some family research I've been working on for many years. I'm trying to trace my
    mothers ancestors back to the Volga area of Russia and it's been a real struggle. I've had a few
    interesting leads over the last few days, so have really been concentrating on that and have been
    neglecting my reading here.

    Have been staying on program as closely as I can until today.... DH wanted to watch a movie and I
    made us nachos. Then I had to have a hot chocolate with marshmallows too. Glad my week is almost
    over and a new one is starting Monday. Anyway we watched The Usual Suspects with Kevin Spacey. Has
    anyone seen it? It's from 1995, but if you haven't seen it, it's worth watching. DS was in bed early
    tonight. Nice to have a quiet evening with a movie as we don't get to do that very often.

    There are over 600 messages and I've missed lots this week so would like to congratulate all the
    losers and wish those who didn't lose, better luck next week.

    I don't think I'll lose this week after the nachos and the hot chocolate!

    --
    Brenda
    209/177/150 RafL goal 165

    Tags:

  2. Petal

    Petal Guest

    Hi Brenda,

    One night of nachos and a hot chocolate will not blow the whole week if you get back on track. Just
    eat a little less the next day or do an extra day of exercise. I usually "allow" myself a once a
    week splurge (it usually involves wine and a meal out), so I just factor it in the previous and
    following days. For those unplanned treats, I make up for it the following day.

    You need to eat something like 3,600 extra calories (someone please correct me if I'm wrong - I can
    never remember this number) to gain a pound. I think your movie snack won't do you much harm. :)

    I agree, Usual Suspects is an excellent film. If you ever watch the DVD version, watch the film with
    the commentary switched on - it's hilarious and brilliant. If you like that sort of genre and
    interesting plot twists, give Memento a watch.

    Mmmm now I'm craving nachos and now I wish that we had baked Doritos/Tostitos in this country!!! (I
    can use baked tortillas cut into triangles, but that just ain't the same).

    Cheers, Petal

    "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone, I haven't been posting much the last few weeks, but I'm still here. I've been a
    > little distracted by some family research I've been working on for many years. I'm trying to trace
    > my mothers ancestors back
    > the Volga area of Russia and it's been a real struggle. I've had a few interesting leads over the
    > last few days, so have really been
    concentrating
    > on that and have been neglecting my reading here.
    >
    > Have been staying on program as closely as I can until today.... DH
    wanted
    > to watch a movie and I made us nachos. Then I had to have a hot chocolate with marshmallows too.
    > Glad my week is almost over and a new one is starting Monday. Anyway we watched The Usual Suspects
    > with Kevin Spacey. Has anyone seen it? It's from 1995, but if you haven't seen it, it's
    worth
    > watching. DS was in bed early tonight. Nice to have a quiet evening with
    > movie as we don't get to do that very often.
    >
    > There are over 600 messages and I've missed lots this week so would like
    > congratulate all the losers and wish those who didn't lose, better luck
    next
    > week.
    >
    > I don't think I'll lose this week after the nachos and the hot chocolate!
    >
    > --
    > Brenda
    > 209/177/150 RafL goal 165

  3. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    Hey, from here, that nachos and hot choc will be gone in a real hurry if you
    jump back OP !
    good to see ya
    "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone, I haven't been posting much the last few weeks, but I'm still here. I've been a
    > little distracted by some family research I've been working on for many years. I'm trying to trace
    > my mothers ancestors back
    > the Volga area of Russia and it's been a real struggle. I've had a few interesting leads over the
    > last few days, so have really been
    concentrating
    > on that and have been neglecting my reading here.
    >
    > Have been staying on program as closely as I can until today.... DH
    wanted
    > to watch a movie and I made us nachos. Then I had to have a hot chocolate with marshmallows too.
    > Glad my week is almost over and a new one is starting Monday. Anyway we watched The Usual Suspects
    > with Kevin Spacey. Has anyone seen it? It's from 1995, but if you haven't seen it, it's
    worth
    > watching. DS was in bed early tonight. Nice to have a quiet evening with
    > movie as we don't get to do that very often.
    >
    > There are over 600 messages and I've missed lots this week so would like
    > congratulate all the losers and wish those who didn't lose, better luck
    next
    > week.
    >
    > I don't think I'll lose this week after the nachos and the hot chocolate!
    >
    > --
    > Brenda
    > 209/177/150 RafL goal 165

  4. Kathy Rip

    Kathy Rip Guest

    Brenda, it doesn't sound like you blew it too bad! Remember today is another day, just start over
    and put yesterday behind you!

    P.S. the 94% fat free microwave popcorn works good for me when I am watching a movie, keeps me from
    feeling deprived and I can eat the whole bag!

    Kathy

  5. If you've been OP otherwise, the scale might surprise you on WI day.

    For me TV watching is an invitation to snack. And since January is my month to catch up on all the
    movies I haven't seen, I've been challenged to either change my habits by not eating, or change what
    I eat. Moderate success so far, but nothing to get excited about. It's still a challenge.

    Prairie Roots On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 22:09:34 -0800, "Brenda Hammond"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi everyone, I haven't been posting much the last few weeks, but I'm still here. I've been a little
    >distracted by some family research I've been working on for many years. I'm trying to trace my
    >mothers ancestors back to the Volga area of Russia and it's been a real struggle. I've had a few
    >interesting leads over the last few days, so have really been concentrating on that and have been
    >neglecting my reading here.
    >
    >Have been staying on program as closely as I can until today.... DH wanted to watch a movie and I
    >made us nachos. Then I had to have a hot chocolate with marshmallows too. Glad my week is almost
    >over and a new one is starting Monday. Anyway we watched The Usual Suspects with Kevin Spacey. Has
    >anyone seen it? It's from 1995, but if you haven't seen it, it's worth watching. DS was in bed
    >early tonight. Nice to have a quiet evening with a movie as we don't get to do that very often.
    >
    >There are over 600 messages and I've missed lots this week so would like to congratulate all the
    >losers and wish those who didn't lose, better luck next week.
    >
    >I don't think I'll lose this week after the nachos and the hot chocolate!

  6. Laura

    Laura Guest

    I don't think that you did too much damage with the nachos and hot chocolate. You might see a slight
    gain from the salt in the nachos if you tend to retain water. So drink extra water for the next
    couple of days to help flush it out.

    This WOL has to provide the flexibility of eating treats every once in a while. Eating out can also
    be accomodated if you work at it. Remember WW is not supposed to be treated like a diet. It is a
    WOE/WOL that we can work with for the rest of our lives.

    "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone, I haven't been posting much the last few weeks, but I'm still here. I've been a
    > little distracted by some family research I've been working on for many years. I'm trying to trace
    > my mothers ancestors back
    > the Volga area of Russia and it's been a real struggle. I've had a few interesting leads over the
    > last few days, so have really been
    concentrating
    > on that and have been neglecting my reading here.
    >
    > Have been staying on program as closely as I can until today.... DH
    wanted
    > to watch a movie and I made us nachos. Then I had to have a hot chocolate with marshmallows too.
    > Glad my week is almost over and a new one is starting Monday. Anyway we watched The Usual Suspects
    > with Kevin Spacey. Has anyone seen it? It's from 1995, but if you haven't seen it, it's
    worth
    > watching. DS was in bed early tonight. Nice to have a quiet evening with
    > movie as we don't get to do that very often.
    >
    > There are over 600 messages and I've missed lots this week so would like
    > congratulate all the losers and wish those who didn't lose, better luck
    next
    > week.
    >
    > I don't think I'll lose this week after the nachos and the hot chocolate!
    >
    > --
    > Brenda
    > 209/177/150 RafL goal 165

  7. Hi, Brenda, It's good to hear from you. Just hang in there and you will do fine.
    --
    Take Care Catherine
    154/135.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 133.2

    "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone, I haven't been posting much the last few weeks, but I'm still here. I've been a
    > little distracted by some family research I've been working on for many years. I'm trying to trace
    > my mothers ancestors back
    > the Volga area of Russia and it's been a real struggle. I've had a few interesting leads over the
    > last few days, so have really been
    concentrating
    > on that and have been neglecting my reading here.
    >
    > Have been staying on program as closely as I can until today.... DH
    wanted
    > to watch a movie and I made us nachos. Then I had to have a hot chocolate with marshmallows too.
    > Glad my week is almost over and a new one is starting Monday. Anyway we watched The Usual Suspects
    > with Kevin Spacey. Has anyone seen it? It's from 1995, but if you haven't seen it, it's
    worth
    > watching. DS was in bed early tonight. Nice to have a quiet evening with
    > movie as we don't get to do that very often.
    >
    > There are over 600 messages and I've missed lots this week so would like
    > congratulate all the losers and wish those who didn't lose, better luck
    next
    > week.
    >
    > I don't think I'll lose this week after the nachos and the hot chocolate!
    >
    > --
    > Brenda
    > 209/177/150 RafL goal 165

  8. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Brenda:

    The Usual Suspects was a great movie. I hope you lose in spite of the nachos and hot chocolate ;-).

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/204.5/155 RAFL 210.5/204.5/198.5

    Brenda Hammond wrote:
    > Hi everyone, I haven't been posting much the last few weeks, but I'm still here. I've been a
    > little distracted by some family research I've been working on for many years. I'm trying to trace
    > my mothers ancestors back to the Volga area of Russia and it's been a real struggle. I've had a
    > few interesting leads over the last few days, so have really been concentrating on that and have
    > been neglecting my reading here.
    >
    > Have been staying on program as closely as I can until today.... DH wanted to watch a movie and I
    > made us nachos. Then I had to have a hot chocolate with marshmallows too. Glad my week is almost
    > over and a new one is starting Monday. Anyway we watched The Usual Suspects with Kevin Spacey. Has
    > anyone seen it? It's from 1995, but if you haven't seen it, it's worth watching. DS was in bed
    > early tonight. Nice to have a quiet evening with a movie as we don't get to do that very often.
    >
    > There are over 600 messages and I've missed lots this week so would like to congratulate all the
    > losers and wish those who didn't lose, better luck next week.
    >
    > I don't think I'll lose this week after the nachos and the hot chocolate!

  9. Sounds like you at least enjoyed yourself ;-) As to losing weight - you never can tell! Wish you
    luck. Elaine K

    Brenda Hammond wrote:

    >Hi everyone, I haven't been posting much the last few weeks, but I'm still here. I've been a little
    >distracted by some family research I've been working on for many years. I'm trying to trace my
    >mothers ancestors back to the Volga area of Russia and it's been a real struggle. I've had a few
    >interesting leads over the last few days, so have really been concentrating on that and have been
    >neglecting my reading here.
    >
    >Have been staying on program as closely as I can until today.... DH wanted to watch a movie and I
    >made us nachos. Then I had to have a hot chocolate with marshmallows too. Glad my week is almost
    >over and a new one is starting Monday. Anyway we watched The Usual Suspects with Kevin Spacey. Has
    >anyone seen it? It's from 1995, but if you haven't seen it, it's worth watching. DS was in bed
    >early tonight. Nice to have a quiet evening with a movie as we don't get to do that very often.
    >
    >There are over 600 messages and I've missed lots this week so would like to congratulate all the
    >losers and wish those who didn't lose, better luck next week.
    >
    >I don't think I'll lose this week after the nachos and the hot chocolate!

  10. I Williams

    I Williams Guest

    Brenda,

    Every once in a while a splurge is just what you need to get yourself back on track. Stay on program
    and you will not even see the night of nachos and hot chocolate Irma "Brenda Hammond"
    > Hi everyone, I haven't been posting much the last few weeks, but I'm still here. I've been a
    > little distracted by some family research I've been working on for many years. I'm trying to trace
    > my mothers ancestors back
    > the Volga area of Russia and it's been a real struggle. I've had a few interesting leads over the
    > last few days, so have really been
    concentrating
    > on that and have been neglecting my reading here.
    >
    > Have been staying on program as closely as I can until today.... DH
    wanted
    > to watch a movie and I made us nachos. Then I had to have a hot chocolate with marshmallows too.
    > Glad my week is almost over and a new one is starting Monday. Anyway we watched The Usual Suspects
    > with Kevin Spacey. Has anyone seen it? It's from 1995, but if you haven't seen it, it's
    worth
    > watching. DS was in bed early tonight. Nice to have a quiet evening with
    > movie as we don't get to do that very often.
    >
    > There are over 600 messages and I've missed lots this week so would like
    > congratulate all the losers and wish those who didn't lose, better luck
    next
    > week.
    >
    > I don't think I'll lose this week after the nachos and the hot chocolate!
    >
    > --
    > Brenda
    > 209/177/150 RafL goal 165

  11. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Even if you didn't lose, it sounds like you had some quality time with hubby, which is great. Next
    time, try carrots and salsa, while hubby is munching on the nachos :) I saw The usual suspects a
    few years ago, and really liked it!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/102.9/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.103/212 lbs "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone, I haven't been posting much the last few weeks, but I'm still here. I've been a
    > little distracted by some family research I've been working on for many years. I'm trying to trace
    > my mothers ancestors back
    > the Volga area of Russia and it's been a real struggle. I've had a few interesting leads over the
    > last few days, so have really been
    concentrating
    > on that and have been neglecting my reading here.
    >
    > Have been staying on program as closely as I can until today.... DH
    wanted
    > to watch a movie and I made us nachos. Then I had to have a hot chocolate with marshmallows too.
    > Glad my week is almost over and a new one is starting Monday. Anyway we watched The Usual Suspects
    > with Kevin Spacey. Has anyone seen it? It's from 1995, but if you haven't seen it, it's
    worth
    > watching. DS was in bed early tonight. Nice to have a quiet evening with
    > movie as we don't get to do that very often.
    >
    > There are over 600 messages and I've missed lots this week so would like
    > congratulate all the losers and wish those who didn't lose, better luck
    next
    > week.
    >
    > I don't think I'll lose this week after the nachos and the hot chocolate!
    >
    > --
    > Brenda
    > 209/177/150 RafL goal 165

  12. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Hey Brenda, Nachos and hot chocolate sound Sooooo good right now... don't
    you worry about it though, chances are they may have even done you some
    good, you know, the Wendie Plan thing? I hope you have a great weigh-in
    this week! And no, I haven't seen that movie but I'll put it on my DVD
    rental list. :) Thanks for the recommendation!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/241.8/172

    "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone, I haven't been posting much the last few weeks, but I'm still here. I've been a
    > little distracted by some family research I've been working on for many years. I'm trying to trace
    > my mothers ancestors back
    > the Volga area of Russia and it's been a real struggle. I've had a few interesting leads over the
    > last few days, so have really been
    concentrating
    > on that and have been neglecting my reading here.
    >
    > Have been staying on program as closely as I can until today.... DH
    wanted
    > to watch a movie and I made us nachos. Then I had to have a hot chocolate with marshmallows too.
    > Glad my week is almost over and a new one is starting Monday. Anyway we watched The Usual Suspects
    > with Kevin Spacey. Has anyone seen it? It's from 1995, but if you haven't seen it, it's
    worth
    > watching. DS was in bed early tonight. Nice to have a quiet evening with
    > movie as we don't get to do that very often.
    >
    > There are over 600 messages and I've missed lots this week so would like
    > congratulate all the losers and wish those who didn't lose, better luck
    next
    > week.
    >
    > I don't think I'll lose this week after the nachos and the hot chocolate!
    >
    > --
    > Brenda
    > 209/177/150 RafL goal 165

  13. "Petal" <[email protected]#NoSpam#yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Brenda,
    >
    > One night of nachos and a hot chocolate will not blow the whole week if
    you
    > get back on track. Just eat a little less the next day or do an extra day
    of
    > exercise. I usually "allow" myself a once a week splurge (it usually involves wine and a meal
    > out), so I just factor it in the previous and following days. For those unplanned treats, I make
    > up for it the following day.

    That's exactly what I'm going to try to do today, make up for the extra points yesterday.

    > You need to eat something like 3,600 extra calories (someone please
    correct
    > me if I'm wrong - I can never remember this number) to gain a pound. I
    think
    > your movie snack won't do you much harm. :)

    I believe it is 3600 calories and I definitely didn't eat that many movie snacks!

    > I agree, Usual Suspects is an excellent film. If you ever watch the DVD version, watch the film
    > with the commentary switched on - it's hilarious
    and
    > brilliant. If you like that sort of genre and interesting plot twists,
    give
    > Memento a watch.

    We did watch the DVD version, but didn't have the commentary switched on, perhaps we'll have to
    watch it again that way.

    > Mmmm now I'm craving nachos and now I wish that we had baked Doritos/Tostitos in this country!!!
    > (I can use baked tortillas cut into triangles, but that just ain't the same).

    Haven't tried maked tortillas cut into triangles. Would they be better if you sprinkled a bit of
    salt on them?

    > Cheers, Petal
    >
    > "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi everyone, I haven't been posting much the last few weeks, but I'm
    still
    > > here. I've been a little distracted by some family research I've been working on for many years.
    > > I'm trying to trace my mothers ancestors
    back
    > > the Volga area of Russia and it's been a real struggle. I've had a few interesting leads over
    > > the last few days, so have really been
    > concentrating
    > > on that and have been neglecting my reading here.
    > >
    > > Have been staying on program as closely as I can until today.... DH
    > wanted
    > > to watch a movie and I made us nachos. Then I had to have a hot
    chocolate
    > > with marshmallows too. Glad my week is almost over and a new one is starting Monday. Anyway we
    > > watched The Usual Suspects with Kevin
    Spacey.
    > > Has anyone seen it? It's from 1995, but if you haven't seen it, it's
    > worth
    > > watching. DS was in bed early tonight. Nice to have a quiet evening
    with
    > > movie as we don't get to do that very often.
    > >
    > > There are over 600 messages and I've missed lots this week so would like
    > > congratulate all the losers and wish those who didn't lose, better luck
    > next
    > > week.
    > >
    > > I don't think I'll lose this week after the nachos and the hot
    chocolate!

    > > --
    > > Brenda
    > > 209/177/150 RafL goal 165

  14. Thanks Lesanne. I haven't been far away. On my computer but doing the family research thing has kept
    my attention the last few weeks.

    Brenda

    "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hey, from here, that nachos and hot choc will be gone in a real hurry if
    you
    > jump back OP ! good to see ya "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi everyone, I haven't been posting much the last few weeks, but I'm
    still
    > > here. I've been a little distracted by some family research I've been working on for many years.
    > > I'm trying to trace my mothers ancestors
    back
    > > the Volga area of Russia and it's been a real struggle. I've had a few interesting leads over
    > > the last few days, so have really been
    > concentrating
    > > on that and have been neglecting my reading here.
    > >
    > > Have been staying on program as closely as I can until today.... DH
    > wanted
    > > to watch a movie and I made us nachos. Then I had to have a hot
    chocolate
    > > with marshmallows too. Glad my week is almost over and a new one is starting Monday. Anyway we
    > > watched The Usual Suspects with Kevin
    Spacey.
    > > Has anyone seen it? It's from 1995, but if you haven't seen it, it's
    > worth
    > > watching. DS was in bed early tonight. Nice to have a quiet evening
    with
    > > movie as we don't get to do that very often.
    > >
    > > There are over 600 messages and I've missed lots this week so would like
    > > congratulate all the losers and wish those who didn't lose, better luck
    > next
    > > week.
    > >
    > > I don't think I'll lose this week after the nachos and the hot
    chocolate!

    > > --
    > > Brenda
    > > 209/177/150 RafL goal 165

  15. Thanks Kathy. I did buy some of the fat free microwave popcorn yesterday. It makes for a great snack
    in the evenings. Keeps me away from the cheese & crackers....

    Even if you do eat the whole bag, it's probably still only about 2 points max.. I think the Orville
    Redenbacher one I get is 1 point for 3 cups.

    Brenda

    "Kathy Rip" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    m23.aol.com...
    > Brenda, it doesn't sound like you blew it too bad! Remember today is
    another
    > day, just start over and put yesterday behind you!
    >
    > P.S. the 94% fat free microwave popcorn works good for me when I am
    watching a
    > movie, keeps me from feeling deprived and I can eat the whole bag!
    >
    > Kathy

  16. I find TV watching an invitation to snack too. Wonder why that is? I was pretty much OP most of the
    week, but I'm expecting TOM too, so who the heck knows what WI will show.

    I think TV watching and snacking will always be a challenge to many of us.

    Brenda

    "Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > If you've been OP otherwise, the scale might surprise you on WI day.
    >
    > For me TV watching is an invitation to snack. And since January is my month to catch up on all the
    > movies I haven't seen, I've been challenged to either change my habits by not eating, or change
    > what I eat. Moderate success so far, but nothing to get excited about. It's still a challenge.
    >
    > Prairie Roots On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 22:09:34 -0800, "Brenda Hammond"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi everyone, I haven't been posting much the last few weeks, but I'm
    still
    > >here. I've been a little distracted by some family research I've been working on for many years.
    > >I'm trying to trace my mothers ancestors back
    > >the Volga area of Russia and it's been a real struggle. I've had a few interesting leads over the
    > >last few days, so have really been
    concentrating
    > >on that and have been neglecting my reading here.
    > >
    > >Have been staying on program as closely as I can until today.... DH
    wanted
    > >to watch a movie and I made us nachos. Then I had to have a hot
    chocolate
    > >with marshmallows too. Glad my week is almost over and a new one is starting Monday. Anyway we
    > >watched The Usual Suspects with Kevin Spacey. Has anyone seen it? It's from 1995, but if you
    > >haven't seen it, it's
    worth
    > >watching. DS was in bed early tonight. Nice to have a quiet evening
    with a
    > >movie as we don't get to do that very often.
    > >
    > >There are over 600 messages and I've missed lots this week so would like
    > >congratulate all the losers and wish those who didn't lose, better luck
    next
    > >week.
    > >
    > >I don't think I'll lose this week after the nachos and the hot chocolate!

  17. "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:e%[email protected]...
    > I don't think that you did too much damage with the nachos and hot chocolate. You might see a
    > slight gain from the salt in the nachos if you tend to retain water. So drink extra water for the
    > next couple of days to help flush it out.

    I do retain water and TOM is going to be here any day too. I usually retain at that time as well, so
    double whammy, hopefully the scale won't be too nasty tomorrow!

    > This WOL has to provide the flexibility of eating treats every once in a while. Eating out can
    > also be accomodated if you work at it. Remember WW
    is
    > not supposed to be treated like a diet. It is a WOE/WOL that we can work with for the rest of
    > our lives.

    > "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi everyone, I haven't been posting much the last few weeks, but I'm
    still
    > > here. I've been a little distracted by some family research I've been working on for many years.
    > > I'm trying to trace my mothers ancestors
    back
    > > the Volga area of Russia and it's been a real struggle. I've had a few interesting leads over
    > > the last few days, so have really been
    > concentrating
    > > on that and have been neglecting my reading here.
    > >
    > > Have been staying on program as closely as I can until today.... DH
    > wanted
    > > to watch a movie and I made us nachos. Then I had to have a hot
    chocolate
    > > with marshmallows too. Glad my week is almost over and a new one is starting Monday. Anyway we
    > > watched The Usual Suspects with Kevin
    Spacey.
    > > Has anyone seen it? It's from 1995, but if you haven't seen it, it's
    > worth
    > > watching. DS was in bed early tonight. Nice to have a quiet evening
    with
    > > movie as we don't get to do that very often.
    > >
    > > There are over 600 messages and I've missed lots this week so would like
    > > congratulate all the losers and wish those who didn't lose, better luck
    > next
    > > week.
    > >
    > > I don't think I'll lose this week after the nachos and the hot
    chocolate!

    > > --
    > > Brenda
    > > 209/177/150 RafL goal 165

  18. Thanks Catherine, that's what I'm trying to do.

    Brenda

    "Catherine White" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, Brenda, It's good to hear from you. Just hang in there and you will
    do
    > fine.
    > --
    > Take Care Catherine
    > 154/135.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 133.2
    >

    > "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi everyone, I haven't been posting much the last few weeks, but I'm
    still
    > > here. I've been a little distracted by some family research I've been working on for many years.
    > > I'm trying to trace my mothers ancestors
    back
    > > the Volga area of Russia and it's been a real struggle. I've had a few interesting leads over
    > > the last few days, so have really been
    > concentrating
    > > on that and have been neglecting my reading here.
    > >
    > > Have been staying on program as closely as I can until today.... DH
    > wanted
    > > to watch a movie and I made us nachos. Then I had to have a hot
    chocolate
    > > with marshmallows too. Glad my week is almost over and a new one is starting Monday. Anyway we
    > > watched The Usual Suspects with Kevin
    Spacey.
    > > Has anyone seen it? It's from 1995, but if you haven't seen it, it's
    > worth
    > > watching. DS was in bed early tonight. Nice to have a quiet evening
    with
    > > movie as we don't get to do that very often.
    > >
    > > There are over 600 messages and I've missed lots this week so would like
    > > congratulate all the losers and wish those who didn't lose, better luck
    > next
    > > week.
    > >
    > > I don't think I'll lose this week after the nachos and the hot
    chocolate!

    > > --
    > > Brenda
    > > 209/177/150 RafL goal 165

  19. Me too, but I'm not going to count on it!

    Brenda

    "Connie" <[email protected]_primus.ca> wrote in message news:[email protected]_primus.ca...
    > Brenda:
    >
    > The Usual Suspects was a great movie. I hope you lose in spite of the nachos and hot
    > chocolate ;-).
    >
    > Connie
    >
    > --
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Connie Walsh
    >
    > 241.5/204.5/155 RAFL 210.5/204.5/198.5
    >
    > Brenda Hammond wrote:
    > > Hi everyone, I haven't been posting much the last few weeks, but I'm
    still
    > > here. I've been a little distracted by some family research I've been working on for many years.
    > > I'm trying to trace my mothers ancestors
    back to
    > > the Volga area of Russia and it's been a real struggle. I've had a few interesting leads over
    > > the last few days, so have really been
    concentrating
    > > on that and have been neglecting my reading here.
    > >
    > > Have been staying on program as closely as I can until today.... DH
    wanted
    > > to watch a movie and I made us nachos. Then I had to have a hot
    chocolate
    > > with marshmallows too. Glad my week is almost over and a new one is starting Monday. Anyway we
    > > watched The Usual Suspects with Kevin
    Spacey.
    > > Has anyone seen it? It's from 1995, but if you haven't seen it, it's
    worth
    > > watching. DS was in bed early tonight. Nice to have a quiet evening
    with a
    > > movie as we don't get to do that very often.
    > >
    > > There are over 600 messages and I've missed lots this week so would like
    > > congratulate all the losers and wish those who didn't lose, better luck
    next
    > > week.
    > >
    > > I don't think I'll lose this week after the nachos and the hot
    chocolate!

  20. I did enjoy myself. DH and I don't get much quiet time together, so we have to enjoy it when we can.

    Brenda

    news:[email protected]...