bllody insurance and halfords!!

Casper

Guest
after waiting 4 (!!!!) months for my replacement bike (my cannondale f500 was nicked, they caught
the bloke and he admitted to nicking loads of bikes to fund his drug habit......he got 12 month
community rehabilitation order....what a waste as hes prob out nicking more bikes) my GT Avalanche
.5 arrived....7 weeks after being promised .... only to have 3 massive scratches on it....course i
wasnt going to accept it and now i have to wait another 3 weeks for a new one.....is this the record
wait from an insurance comany?!!!!!

"Casper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> after waiting 4 (!!!!) months for my replacement bike (my cannondale f500 was nicked, they caught
> the bloke and he admitted to nicking loads of
bikes
> to fund his drug habit......he got 12 month community rehabilitation order....what a waste as hes
> prob out nicking more bikes)

<snip>

Possibly, but I think you'd agree that's better than being locked up in jail with other inmates
offering tips on burglary, fraud, drug dealing etc. and how to get away with it. At least he now has
the ready help to get off drugs and into a worthwhile life.

Thomas.

"Thomas" <tom [at] greysheep [dot] co [dot] uk> wrote:

>> to fund his drug habit......he got 12 month community rehabilitation order....what a waste as hes
>> prob out nicking more bikes)
>
> <snip>
>
> Possibly, but I think you'd agree that's better than being locked up in jail with other inmates
> offering tips on burglary, fraud, drug dealing etc. and how to get away with it. At least he now
> has the ready help to get off drugs and into a worthwhile life.

Well /I/ think they should cut off his goolies.

--
Guy
===

> after waiting 4 (!!!!) months for my replacement bike (my cannondale f500 was nicked, they caught
> the bloke and he admitted to nicking loads of
bikes
> to fund his drug habit......he got 12 month community rehabilitation order....what a waste as hes
> prob out nicking more bikes) my GT Avalanche .5 arrived....7 weeks after being promised .... only
> to have 3 massive scratches on it....course i wasnt going to accept it and now i have to
wait
> another 3 weeks for a new one.....is this the record wait from an
insurance
> comany?!!!!!

Write and complain. If they are any good, when they offer you apology/token whatever, and ask if you
are happy with that, say no. They will immediately offer you something better. Works 9 times out of
10 in firms that have customer service training.

> "Casper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > after waiting 4 (!!!!) months for my replacement bike (my cannondale
f500
> > was nicked, they caught the bloke and he admitted to nicking loads of
> bikes
> > to fund his drug habit......he got 12 month community rehabilitation order....what a waste as
> > hes prob out nicking more bikes)
> <snip>

> Possibly, but I think you'd agree that's better than being locked up in
jail
> with other inmates offering tips on burglary, fraud, drug dealing etc. and how to get away with
> it. At least he now has the ready help to get off
drugs
> and into a worthwhile life.

No I dont agree, and I dont know anyone personally who does. The thief should have been chained to
the wall and fed on gruel. That would have helped him off drugs.

Anybody who's sufferred a theft of personal things will almost certainly vote for a party prepared
to make prison life hard. Mike

BTW whats a gruel?

taywood wrote: <snip>
> BTW whats a gruel?

Not "a" . Just gruel. A sort of watery porridge. Cheap as chips hence used for bulk feeding but it
is virtually tasteless and grotty to eat .

http://www.mrbreakfast.com/ask.asp?askid=10 << recipe, e.t.c. .

--
Yours S. addy not usable (not that you would try it) Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam
suffodiant! www.killies.co.uk/forums/index.php

Soup wrote:

> Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur, eh?

--
Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

"taywood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> > "Casper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > after waiting 4 (!!!!) months for my replacement bike (my cannondale
> f500
> > > was nicked, they caught the bloke and he admitted to nicking loads of
> > bikes
> > > to fund his drug habit......he got 12 month community rehabilitation order....what a waste as
> > > hes prob out nicking more bikes)
> > <snip>
>
> > Possibly, but I think you'd agree that's better than being locked up in
> jail
> > with other inmates offering tips on burglary, fraud, drug dealing etc.
and
> > how to get away with it. At least he now has the ready help to get off
> drugs
> > and into a worthwhile life.
>
> No I dont agree, and I dont know anyone personally who does. The thief should have been chained to
> the wall and fed on gruel.

Fair enough, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

> That would have helped him off drugs.

And been thoroughly inhumane.

> Anybody who's sufferred a theft of personal things will almost certainly vote for a party prepared
> to make prison life hard. Mike

I've always loved being the "almost." I've both suffered personal theft and been found in a pool of
my own blood before. Sure, it'd be nice to kick the **** out of the bastards that did it, but, as
time has shown, that's not going to stop the problem.

/runs away with his hangover

"taywood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> No I dont agree, and I dont know anyone personally who does. The thief should have been chained to
> the wall and fed on gruel. That would have helped him off drugs.
>
> Anybody who's sufferred a theft of personal things will almost certainly vote for a party prepared
> to make prison life hard. Mike

<VOICEOVER> That was a Party Political Broadcast on behalf of the C*ntservative Party. And now, the
news... </VOICEOVER