bllody insurance and halfords!!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Casper, Nov 14, 2003.

  1. Casper

    Casper Guest

    after waiting 4 (!!!!) months for my replacement bike (my cannondale f500 was nicked, they caught
    the bloke and he admitted to nicking loads of bikes to fund his drug habit......he got 12 month
    community rehabilitation order....what a waste as hes prob out nicking more bikes) my GT Avalanche
    .5 arrived....7 weeks after being promised .... only to have 3 massive scratches on it....course i
    wasnt going to accept it and now i have to wait another 3 weeks for a new one.....is this the record
    wait from an insurance comany?!!!!!

    Tags:

  2. Thomas

    Thomas Guest

    "Casper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > after waiting 4 (!!!!) months for my replacement bike (my cannondale f500 was nicked, they caught
    > the bloke and he admitted to nicking loads of
    bikes
    > to fund his drug habit......he got 12 month community rehabilitation order....what a waste as hes
    > prob out nicking more bikes)

    <snip>

    Possibly, but I think you'd agree that's better than being locked up in jail with other inmates
    offering tips on burglary, fraud, drug dealing etc. and how to get away with it. At least he now has
    the ready help to get off drugs and into a worthwhile life.

    Thomas.

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    "Thomas" <tom [at] greysheep [dot] co [dot] uk> wrote:

    >> to fund his drug habit......he got 12 month community rehabilitation order....what a waste as hes
    >> prob out nicking more bikes)
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > Possibly, but I think you'd agree that's better than being locked up in jail with other inmates
    > offering tips on burglary, fraud, drug dealing etc. and how to get away with it. At least he now
    > has the ready help to get off drugs and into a worthwhile life.

    Well /I/ think they should cut off his goolies.

    --
    Guy
    ===

  4. > after waiting 4 (!!!!) months for my replacement bike (my cannondale f500 was nicked, they caught
    > the bloke and he admitted to nicking loads of
    bikes
    > to fund his drug habit......he got 12 month community rehabilitation order....what a waste as hes
    > prob out nicking more bikes) my GT Avalanche .5 arrived....7 weeks after being promised .... only
    > to have 3 massive scratches on it....course i wasnt going to accept it and now i have to
    wait
    > another 3 weeks for a new one.....is this the record wait from an
    insurance
    > comany?!!!!!

    Write and complain. If they are any good, when they offer you apology/token whatever, and ask if you
    are happy with that, say no. They will immediately offer you something better. Works 9 times out of
    10 in firms that have customer service training.

  5. Taywood

    Taywood Guest

    > "Casper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > after waiting 4 (!!!!) months for my replacement bike (my cannondale
    f500
    > > was nicked, they caught the bloke and he admitted to nicking loads of
    > bikes
    > > to fund his drug habit......he got 12 month community rehabilitation order....what a waste as
    > > hes prob out nicking more bikes)
    > <snip>

    > Possibly, but I think you'd agree that's better than being locked up in
    jail
    > with other inmates offering tips on burglary, fraud, drug dealing etc. and how to get away with
    > it. At least he now has the ready help to get off
    drugs
    > and into a worthwhile life.

    No I dont agree, and I dont know anyone personally who does. The thief should have been chained to
    the wall and fed on gruel. That would have helped him off drugs.

    Anybody who's sufferred a theft of personal things will almost certainly vote for a party prepared
    to make prison life hard. Mike

    BTW whats a gruel?

  6. Soup

    Soup Guest

    taywood wrote: <snip>
    > BTW whats a gruel?

    Not "a" . Just gruel. A sort of watery porridge. Cheap as chips hence used for bulk feeding but it
    is virtually tasteless and grotty to eat .

    http://www.mrbreakfast.com/ask.asp?askid=10 << recipe, e.t.c. .

    --
    Yours S. addy not usable (not that you would try it) Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam
    suffodiant! www.killies.co.uk/forums/index.php

  7. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    Soup wrote:

    > Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur, eh?

    --
    Guy
    ===

  8. Thomas

    Thomas Guest

    "taywood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > "Casper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > after waiting 4 (!!!!) months for my replacement bike (my cannondale
    > f500
    > > > was nicked, they caught the bloke and he admitted to nicking loads of
    > > bikes
    > > > to fund his drug habit......he got 12 month community rehabilitation order....what a waste as
    > > > hes prob out nicking more bikes)
    > > <snip>
    >
    > > Possibly, but I think you'd agree that's better than being locked up in
    > jail
    > > with other inmates offering tips on burglary, fraud, drug dealing etc.
    and
    > > how to get away with it. At least he now has the ready help to get off
    > drugs
    > > and into a worthwhile life.
    >
    > No I dont agree, and I dont know anyone personally who does. The thief should have been chained to
    > the wall and fed on gruel.

    Fair enough, everyone's entitled to their opinion.

    > That would have helped him off drugs.

    And been thoroughly inhumane.

    > Anybody who's sufferred a theft of personal things will almost certainly vote for a party prepared
    > to make prison life hard. Mike

    I've always loved being the "almost." I've both suffered personal theft and been found in a pool of
    my own blood before. Sure, it'd be nice to kick the crap out of the bastards that did it, but, as
    time has shown, that's not going to stop the problem.

    /runs away with his hangover

  9. "taywood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > No I dont agree, and I dont know anyone personally who does. The thief should have been chained to
    > the wall and fed on gruel. That would have helped him off drugs.
    >
    > Anybody who's sufferred a theft of personal things will almost certainly vote for a party prepared
    > to make prison life hard. Mike

    <VOICEOVER> That was a Party Political Broadcast on behalf of the C*ntservative Party. And now, the
    news... </VOICEOVER