Blocking

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 10:33:34 -0700, Ozark Bicycle wrote:

> On Jul 21, 12:05 pm, Gary Young <[email protected]> wrote:

>> > Let's call a spade a spade:

>> >http://tinyurl.com/2sz9p8

>> > or, for the cautious:

>> >http://preview.tinyurl.com/2sz9p8

>> > (I will resist the urge to add "gossipy, back-biting, busybody who
>> > forwards private emails to third parties".)

>> Perhaps I haven't been paying enough attention to your screeds, but this
>> strikes me as something new. Isn't your usual shtick that Carl and Sheldon
>> were partners in crime? Now you're complaining that Carl violated
>> Sheldon's rights?

> There was yet anonther party involved, the party both St. Sheldon and
> Smarmy Carl *slandered*. It's convenient to forget that, eh, Gary?

OK, now we're back to the usual shtick -- Sheldon and Carl are partners in
crime. All of which makes me wonder why you were complaining that Carl had
forwarded one of Sheldon's private emails. I'm still wondering.

> Go get your delicate panties in a wad somewhere else, you bore me.

Heavens!

>> For what it's worth, I'm sure Carl is really, really remorseful that he
>> tried to help you out.

> Oh, yeah, I'm quite sure he wanted to "help", and not just spread
> gossip and slander......

Even if Carl's real motive were to spread gossip and slander (I don't
think it was), he spread it to one other person; you spread it to many.

In article
<[email protected]>
,
Ozark Bicycle
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On Jul 18, 6:12 pm, D'ohBoy <[email protected]> wrote:
> > [email protected] wrote (in part):
> >
> > >....someone like Carl, who is one of the nicest guys in the group...

> > > Andres

> > He is 'nice', but I find the 'dear' annoying and his tone pedantic
> > (now, now, OB, no need to chime in). It is frequently as if he is
> > addressing a slightly confused child.

> Let's call a spade a spade:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2sz9p8
>
> or, for the cautious:
>
> http://preview.tinyurl.com/2sz9p8
>
> (I will resist the urge to add "gossipy, back-biting, busybody who
> forwards private emails to third parties".)

Unsuccessfully.

--
Michael Press

On Jul 21, 1:44 pm, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article
> <[email protected]>
> ,
> Ozark Bicycle
>

> <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > He is 'nice', but I find the 'dear' annoying and his tone pedantic
> > > (now, now, OB, no need to chime in). It is frequently as if he is
> > > addressing a slightly confused child.

> > Let's call a spade a spade:

> >http://tinyurl.com/2sz9p8

> > or, for the cautious:

> >http://preview.tinyurl.com/2sz9p8

> > (I will resist the urge to add "gossipy, back-biting, busybody who
> > forwards private emails to third parties".)

> Unsuccessfully.

Mea culpa! ;-)

On Jul 21, 12:47 pm, Gary Young <[email protected]> wrote:

<snipped>

> Even if Carl's real motive were to spread gossip and slander (I don't
> think it was),

If his motive were other than spreading gossip and slander, a simple
"perhaps you should contact Person A and get the benefit of their
experience from doing business with Person B" would have done nicely.
Instead Fogel chose to send the contents of emails between himself and
two other individuals. Gossip and slander, pure and simple.

> he spread it to one other person; you spread it to many.-

I exposed a slimy little worm to some much needed sunlight.

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 15:02:15 +0000, still me wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 01:13:16 GMT, chuck <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I use slrn, because run in a transparent beryl gnome
>>terminal

> Wow, serious geek-dom!

I found Beryl rather too unstable and lacking in substance under all those
good looks. So I abandoned her.

--
Luigi de Guzman
http://ouij.livejournal.com

On Jul 16, 3:34 am, RS <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm using WinVin newsreader. Does anyone know if its possible to
> configure this to block a particular poster on this group? Most of us
> seem interested in Bikes and related technical issues. A very few are
> not.

Because of Mr Ed, I recently switched from IE to Firefox and installed
a Greasemonkey Killfile script:

http://www.penney.org/ggkiller.html

It works beautifully - I am now blissfully oblivious to his rantings,
and have blotted out one or two other freaks also.

Donga