Bloke gets deserved dunking

wheelsgoround

Guest
Friend of mind told me this story; I have no reason to disbelieve him but it
just sounds like one of those generic stories so I don't know if it really
happened; anyway..

During the recent heavy rain, one rush hour on a main road into Nottingham
(the A6005 through Beeston for those that know it): idoit in a car decides
it would be fun to drive through all of the deep puddles, deliberately
soaking the cyclists. As the traffic queues at the lights, one cyclist
catches up with car; stops, opens the drivers door, hauls out driver and
rolls hime in the nearest, sufficiently deep puddle.

Ian

"wheelsgoround" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Friend of mind told me this story; I have no reason to disbelieve him but

it
> just sounds like one of those generic stories so I don't know if it really
> happened; anyway..
>
> During the recent heavy rain, one rush hour on a main road into Nottingham
> (the A6005 through Beeston for those that know it): idoit in a car decides
> it would be fun to drive through all of the deep puddles, deliberately
> soaking the cyclists.....

Although it's fairly easy to soak a ped on the pavement, it would not be
easy to soak a cyclist, as most rain tends to collect near the edge of the
road, and most cyclists will cycle round a kerbside puddle rather than ride
through it, so the only chance to soak a cyclist will be to find a puddle in
the *centre* of the road, but as this is normally several inches higher than
the edge, water does not often collect there.

On 15/8/04 10:07 pm, in article [email protected], "Adrian
Boliston" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Although it's fairly easy to soak a ped on the pavement, it would not be
> easy to soak a cyclist, as most rain tends to collect near the edge of the
> road, and most cyclists will cycle round a kerbside puddle rather than ride
> through it, so the only chance to soak a cyclist will be to find a puddle in
> the *centre* of the road, but as this is normally several inches higher than
> the edge, water does not often collect there.

But the cyclist may have been *shudder* riding on the pavement.

At which point it would be perfectly possible to soak them.

Personally I think it is offensive and antisocial for drivers to not take
reasonable action to avoid puddles which could soak others.

...d

"David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BD459CC4.1D3A9%[email protected]...

> But the cyclist may have been *shudder* riding on the pavement.
>
> At which point it would be perfectly possible to soak them.

The cold water might knock some sense into them.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

--
Wallace Shackleton,

Kinross,
Scotland.

Cycling in Kinross-shire www.cyclekinross.org.uk

> Personally I think it is offensive and antisocial for drivers to not
> take reasonable action to avoid puddles which could soak others.

One got taken to court after deliberately soaking a police officer. His
mate down the road stopped him and decided to teach him a lesson. He was
aquitted tho, having argued that there was a car too close behind him to
slow down. Presumably there was also no way he could have moved to the
right either, or have seen the puddle earlier and slowed down gradually.
Interestingly he was a driving instructor.

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 23:05:40 +0100, David Martin
<[email protected]> wrote:

> But the cyclist may have been *shudder* riding on the pavement.
>
> At which point it would be perfectly possible to soak them.
>
> Personally I think it is offensive and antisocial for drivers to not take
> reasonable action to avoid puddles which could soak others.
>
> ..d

I'm sure I heard somewhere that it can count as driving without due care
and attention, too.

--
|C|H|R|I|S|@|T|R|I|N|I|T|Y|W|I|L|L|S|.|C|O|M|
Remove the bars to contact me

dOn Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:34:31 +0100, Chris Davies
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 23:05:40 +0100, David Martin
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> But the cyclist may have been *shudder* riding on the pavement.
>>
>> At which point it would be perfectly possible to soak them.
>>
>> Personally I think it is offensive and antisocial for drivers to not take
>> reasonable action to avoid puddles which could soak others.
>>
>> ..d
>>

>I'm sure I heard somewhere that it can count as driving without due care
>and attention, too.

it certainly does

one case -
Colin Pickering was cleared by magistrates in North Yorkshire of
driving without reasonable consideration
Steve