Blood Pressure

Just Me

Guest
I'm looking for some experiences of raised blood pressure and the impact that fish oils can have.

I saw my doctor today and he checked my BP again as it was a bit on the high side last month. He
suggested I take a fish oil supplement as the omega 3 oils can help.

My BP is around 150/90 and he wants it under 145/80 if possible.

I don't smoke (never have), I don't drink much - maybe one or two units a week, I eat a low-fat diet
with plenty of fruits and veggies take reasonably regular exercise and I thought that losing about
70lb in the last couple of years would have helped, even though I'm still around 60lb overweight.

He did say that it may be one of those things that will be there whatever and will need medication
as I have a family history of raised blood pressure.

Jane

I was 50lbs overweight and had high blood pressure (140/90-odd). Now I'm at goal it's gone down to
130/80 - nice and normal. You might be surprised at what losing that next 60lbs will do (just some
more motivation for you) :) Fish oil can't hurt, and have many positive side effects. Give them a
try in the mean time - what have you got to lose?

--
Julie.
93.5/72.7/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

"Just Me" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:_skLb.515$dr5.4327@newsfep4-
glfd.server.ntli.net...
> I'm looking for some experiences of raised blood pressure and the impact that fish oils can have.
>
> I saw my doctor today and he checked my BP again as it was a bit on the
high
> side last month. He suggested I take a fish oil supplement as the omega 3 oils can help.
>
> My BP is around 150/90 and he wants it under 145/80 if possible.
>
> I don't smoke (never have), I don't drink much - maybe one or two units a week, I eat a low-fat
> diet with plenty of fruits and veggies take
reasonably
> regular exercise and I thought that losing about 70lb in the last couple
of
> years would have helped, even though I'm still around 60lb overweight.
>
> He did say that it may be one of those things that will be there whatever and will need medication
> as I have a family history of raised blood pressure.
>
> Jane

no help for you except to wish you good luck, Lee
Just Me <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I'm looking for some experiences of raised blood pressure and the impact that fish oils can have.
>
> I saw my doctor today and he checked my BP again as it was a bit on the
high
> side last month. He suggested I take a fish oil supplement as the omega 3 oils can help.
>
> My BP is around 150/90 and he wants it under 145/80 if possible.
>
> I don't smoke (never have), I don't drink much - maybe one or two units a week, I eat a low-fat
> diet with plenty of fruits and veggies take
reasonably
> regular exercise and I thought that losing about 70lb in the last couple
of
> years would have helped, even though I'm still around 60lb overweight.
>
> He did say that it may be one of those things that will be there whatever and will need medication
> as I have a family history of raised blood pressure.
>
> Jane

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004 22:01:10 -0000, "Just Me"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm looking for some experiences of raised blood pressure and the impact that fish oils can have.
>
>I saw my doctor today and he checked my BP again as it was a bit on the high side last month. He
>suggested I take a fish oil supplement as the omega 3 oils can help.
>
>My BP is around 150/90 and he wants it under 145/80 if possible.

Dunno about fish oil, though I add some when I cook rice, just in case:)

My BP dropped noticeably when I lost weight, but it's within normal parameters. Losing the
other 50lbs is probably the best thing you can do. It will help your BP, and a load of other
potential problems.

By the way welcome:)

Ray
--