Blood Tests Show 23 Suspect Riders

Rolfrae

Sep 15, 2006
Gripper is going to get you...wonder who the 11 under investigation are?

This from Eurosport:

A programme to create biological passports for professional cyclists, giving details of their blood analyses, has revealed 23 riders with suspect samples, the International Cycling Union said. UCI Anti-Doping manager Anne Gripper said 1,500 blood samples on 854 riders had been analysed since January and that 23 riders had given samples "needing further examination."

There will be no disciplinary proceedings as the tests are not recognised dope tests.

Separately from the passport programme, Gripper told a news conference that the UCI was pursuing five suspected doping cases following traditional anti-doping tests on riders, either during races or out-of-competition.

Significantly, the decision to test one of those riders had been prompted by his previous sample for the passport profile.

Another 11 riders are under investigation for a possible breach of anti-doping regulations after failing to give their whereabouts, Gripper said.

Almost 12,000 tests are scheduled for 2008 at an estimated cost of 5 million euros (£3.9 million).

Reuters YAHOO.EU.Messenger = new Messenger(); var sStoryHeadline = encodeURIComponent(document.title); var sStoryLink = encodeURIComponent(location.href); var sDefaultMsg = 'Check out this story on Yahoo! Eurosport:'; http://uk.mf.sports.yahoo.com/mailt...spect" riders&locale=uk&prop=sport&h2=1716369

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/02052008/58/blood-tests-show-23-suspect-riders.html

Rolfrae said:
Gripper is going to get you...wonder who the 11 under investigation are?

This from Eurosport:

A programme to create biological passports for professional cyclists, giving details of their blood analyses, has revealed 23 riders with suspect samples, the International Cycling Union said. UCI Anti-Doping manager Anne Gripper said 1,500 blood samples on 854 riders had been analysed since January and that 23 riders had given samples "needing further examination."

There will be no disciplinary proceedings as the tests are not recognised dope tests.

Separately from the passport programme, Gripper told a news conference that the UCI was pursuing five suspected doping cases following traditional anti-doping tests on riders, either during races or out-of-competition.

Significantly, the decision to test one of those riders had been prompted by his previous sample for the passport profile.

Another 11 riders are under investigation for a possible breach of anti-doping regulations after failing to give their whereabouts, Gripper said.

Almost 12,000 tests are scheduled for 2008 at an estimated cost of 5 million euros (£3.9 million).

Reuters YAHOO.EU.Messenger = new Messenger(); var sStoryHeadline = encodeURIComponent(document.title); var sStoryLink = encodeURIComponent(location.href); var sDefaultMsg = 'Check out this story on Yahoo! Eurosport:'; http://uk.mf.sports.yahoo.com/mailt...spect" riders&locale=uk&prop=sport&h2=1716369

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/02052008/58/blood-tests-show-23-suspect-riders.html
I reckon I could pick half.

I reckon a few come from CSC and High Road too. And Astana.

thunder said:
I reckon I could pick half.

I reckon a few come from CSC and High Road too. And Astana.
Astana?? No way. I'm sure that JB has made appropriate arrangements so that nobody would test positive.

No astana!...mcquaid sworn for them to ride Tour and ready to go to court for Contador....

Iwill start guessgame:

Karpets... within five UCI called up…he not seen this year completely…. last year winnings: Volta a Catalunya, Tour de Suisse, Vuelta Castilla y Leon...his team take him out
:confused:

italiano said:
No astana!...mcquaid sworn for them to ride Tour and ready to go to court for Contador....

Iwill start guessgame:

Karpets... within five UCI called up…he not seen this year completely…. last year winnings: Volta a Catalunya, Tour de Suisse, Vuelta Castilla y Leon...his team take him out
:confused:
Cut it out with the pseudo-Italiano English , asshole.

TheDarkLord said:
Astana?? No way. I'm sure that JB has made appropriate arrangements so that nobody would test positive.
You're right. It's going to be a bunch of nobodies who dicked up their own passport with a little kitchen science.

helmutRoole2 said:
You're right. It's going to be a bunch of nobodies who dicked up their own passport with a little kitchen science.
That would be my guess. Whoever it is, he's probably either a domestique who may occasionally win a stage here or there.

The superstars have gotten away with it for too long to be caught this quickly. The good cheaters have usually been able to stay ahead of the tests that would catch them.

hawkeye87 said:
That would be my guess. Whoever it is, he's probably either a domestique who may occasionally win a stage here or there.

The superstars have gotten away with it for too long to be caught this quickly. The good cheaters have usually been able to stay ahead of the tests that would catch them.
so much for the passport cleaning things up

I always said, if Basso could manage to manipulate this back in 2005ish, then anyone could.

With competent docs.