Blood work

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Danielle, Jan 5, 2006.

  1. Danielle

    Danielle Guest

    Hey all this is my first post in a very long time so first off i just want
    to say hi.
    Im wondering how many people out there did the pre low carb blood work and
    what there results are. I am a low carb vetrin of many years (carbs varried
    over the years), but i have never done the pre blood work. My Dr. has told
    me that it was normal but starting to go up towards the higher side. Come
    this summer i need to pass a tough medical exam and im worried that i may
    screw it up so i thought id ask you guys what your experiances were like
    Thanks Dani

    Tags:

  2. FOB

    FOB Guest

    If you have already started low carb it's kind of hard to do anything "pre"
    now. What blood work attributes are you talking about, there are several,
    the main ones being blood glucose and cholesterol. Most people find that
    low carbing improves both of these.

    In news:[email protected],
    Danielle <[email protected]> stated
    | Hey all this is my first post in a very long time so first off i just
    | want to say hi.
    | Im wondering how many people out there did the pre low carb blood
    | work and what there results are. I am a low carb vetrin of many years
    | (carbs varried over the years), but i have never done the pre blood
    | work. My Dr. has told me that it was normal but starting to go up
    | towards the higher side. Come this summer i need to pass a tough
    | medical exam and im worried that i may screw it up so i thought id
    | ask you guys what your experiances were like Thanks Dani

  3. Danielle

    Danielle Guest

    Hi thanks for the reply, Im actually tlaking about my cholesterol results.
    when i say pre i mean doing low carb but not really all that low. now i am
    doing low carb (again) being strict watching my carbs big time.

    "FOB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > If you have already started low carb it's kind of hard to do anything
    > "pre"
    > now. What blood work attributes are you talking about, there are several,
    > the main ones being blood glucose and cholesterol. Most people find that
    > low carbing improves both of these.
    >
    > In news:[email protected],
    > Danielle <[email protected]> stated
    > | Hey all this is my first post in a very long time so first off i just
    > | want to say hi.
    > | Im wondering how many people out there did the pre low carb blood
    > | work and what there results are. I am a low carb vetrin of many years
    > | (carbs varried over the years), but i have never done the pre blood
    > | work. My Dr. has told me that it was normal but starting to go up
    > | towards the higher side. Come this summer i need to pass a tough
    > | medical exam and im worried that i may screw it up so i thought id
    > | ask you guys what your experiances were like Thanks Dani

  4. FOB

    FOB Guest

    Well, anything under 100 grams seems to be considered low carb and most
    people are in ketosis up to 50-60 so I don't think there would be a lot of
    difference in sticking to 20 or 50 in blood results. As far as the
    cholesterol numbers go, the total cholesterol is less meaningful than the
    ratios. For the triglyceride/HDL ratio:
    2 or less is considered ideal
    4 - high
    6 - much too high
    The HDL/total cholesterol ratio:
    0.24 or higher is considered ideal
    under 0.24 - low
    less than 0.10 - very dangerous.
    And results are not reliable unless you were fasting for 10-12 hours before
    the blood was drawn.