Bloody ****ing April Showers

Nelson Binch

Guest
My hardtail is sitting right behind me. It's been whispering "ride me" to me for a while, but now
it's starting to shout (considering my knee is all better) but a cold, sickly rain has settled in
over us for the whole week, meaning that if it does finally stop for the weekend, it will still be
muddy as hell everywhere I like to ride.

This rain is killing my spirit, despite three straight years of hearing the blasted weathermen
saying "We Need Rain!"

---
http://intergalax.com

Release Date: 4/1/2003

Nelson Binch wrote:
> My hardtail is sitting right behind me. It's been whispering "ride me" to me for a while, but now
> it's starting to shout (considering my knee is all better) but a cold, sickly rain has settled in
> over us for the whole week, meaning that if it does finally stop for the weekend, it will still be
> muddy as hell everywhere I like to ride.
>
> This rain is killing my spirit, despite three straight years of hearing the blasted weathermen
> saying "We Need Rain!"
>

> ---
> __o _`\(,_ Cycling is life, (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details. Nelson Binch =^o.o^=
> http://intergalax.com

At least its rain. We got at least 2-3" of snow last night.

Jon Bond

"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Nelson Binch wrote:
> > My hardtail is sitting right behind me. It's been whispering "ride me"
> > me for a while, but now it's starting to shout (considering my knee is
all
> > better) but a cold, sickly rain has settled in over us for the whole
week,
> > meaning that if it does finally stop for the weekend, it will still be
muddy
> > as hell everywhere I like to ride.
> >
> > This rain is killing my spirit, despite three straight years of hearing
the
> > blasted weathermen saying "We Need Rain!"
> >

> > ---
> > __o _`\(,_ Cycling is life, (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details. Nelson Binch =^o.o^=
> > http://intergalax.com
>

> At least its rain. We got at least 2-3" of snow last night.

I'd rather ride in 2-3" of snow rather than in a cold, sickly rain.

KLydesdale wrote:
> "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Nelson Binch wrote:
>>
>>>My hardtail is sitting right behind me. It's been whispering "ride me"

>>>me for a while, but now it's starting to shout (considering my knee is
>>
> all
>
>>>better) but a cold, sickly rain has settled in over us for the whole
>>
> week,
>
>>>meaning that if it does finally stop for the weekend, it will still be
>>
> muddy
>
>>>as hell everywhere I like to ride.
>>>
>>>This rain is killing my spirit, despite three straight years of hearing
>>
> the
>
>>>blasted weathermen saying "We Need Rain!"
>>>

>>>---
>>> __o _`\(,_ Cycling is life, (_)/ (_) all the rest, just details. Nelson Binch =^o.o^=
>>> http://intergalax.com
>>

>>At least its rain. We got at least 2-3" of snow last night.
>>

> I'd rather ride in 2-3" of snow rather than in a cold, sickly rain.

this was snow with freezing rain mixed in, which made it a pain while it was still falling, and now
its pretty damn slick. All the water puddles from melting snow today are frozen solid. And more rain
is on the way... bah!

Also, my asthma destroys me when its cold, so I'll take a cool rain any day.... but cold rain sucks.

Jon Bond

> At least its rain. We got at least 2-3" of snow last night.
>
> Jon Bond

SNOW!?! It's over fscking 90 degrees here already! Riding season is about to become miserable! I can
feel my world spinning out of control!

Well, actually I feel rather foolish complaining about it...we just had 6 months of perfect,
beautiful, sunny weather.

-John Morgan

"Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| Nelson Binch wrote:
| > My hardtail is sitting right behind me. It's been whispering "ride me"
| > me for a while, but now it's starting to shout (considering my knee is
all
| > better) but a cold, sickly rain has settled in over us for the whole
week,
| > meaning that if it does finally stop for the weekend, it will still be
muddy
| > as hell everywhere I like to ride.
| >
| > This rain is killing my spirit, despite three straight years of hearing
the
| > blasted weathermen saying "We Need Rain!"
|
| At least its rain. We got at least 2-3" of snow last night.

I can ride in snow!

---
http://intergalax.com

Release Date: 4/1/2003

"John Morgan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:GzOka.1140$554.1012@fed1read05...
> > At least its rain. We got at least 2-3" of snow last night.
> >
> > Jon Bond
>
> SNOW!?! It's over fscking 90 degrees here already! Riding season is
about
> to become miserable! I can feel my world spinning out of control!
>
> Well, actually I feel rather foolish complaining about it...we just had 6 months of perfect,
> beautiful, sunny weather.
>
> -John Morgan

Ditto. Although I seem to recall that hail really sucks. Especially when it starts off nice and warm
and you're in shorts and T-shirt and then you get hit by bloody great hailstones that turn the
ground white and make it into the national TV news... ouchies!
--
Westie "Life is what happens while you're planning to do other things"

Nelson Binch wrote:

> This rain is killing my spirit, despite three straight years of hearing the blasted weathermen
> saying "We Need Rain!"

Time to get out there and practice the RoadieScowl(TM)

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 21:37:19 -0400, Nelson Binch wrote:

> This rain is killing my spirit, despite three straight years of hearing the blasted weathermen
> saying "We Need Rain!"

I know what you're saying. My "bike maintenance" this year has been nothing but putting road tires
on my MTBs. I just made my loaner bike into a full-fledged commuter last night. Now all I gotta do
is have a day dry enough to ride in (and the ambition to do it at 7am).

BB wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 21:37:19 -0400, Nelson Binch wrote:
>

>>This rain is killing my spirit, despite three straight years of hearing the blasted weathermen
>>saying "We Need Rain!"
>

> I know what you're saying. My "bike maintenance" this year has been nothing but putting road tires
> on my MTBs. I just made my loaner bike into a full-fledged commuter last night. Now all I gotta do
> is have a day dry enough to ride in (and the ambition to do it at 7am).

Tomorrow morning I start commuting the 12 mile each way on the Beer'Cross!!!! Woo hooo! And there is
no backing out either, my bud said he was going to ride with me to make sure I don't cop out.

Tonight I'm going over my buds' place and putting the bike in the trainer to get the brake lever
position sorted out and the we are wrapping the bars. (and drinking some home brew ;-)

Gotta make sure I charge up all my lights and my blinkie is working!

--
John G.....gone roadie

"John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Gotta make sure I charge up all my lights and my blinkie is working!

Follow your own advice to Gwen about riding off the saddle and your blinkie will keep on working!

Bill "and the morning goes full circle" S.

Andrew Thorne wrote:

>>Tomorrow morning I start commuting the 12 mile each way on the Beer'Cross!!!! Woo hooo! And there
>>is no backing out either, my bud said he was going to ride with me to make sure I don't cop out.
>>
>>Tonight I'm going over my buds' place and putting the bike in the trainer to get the brake lever
>>position sorted out and the we are wrapping the bars. (and drinking some home brew ;-)
>>
>>Gotta make sure I charge up all my lights and my blinkie is working!

> Got fender eyelets on that frame?

But, of course!

I just don't have fenders to put on them ;-(

Sorni wrote:
> "John G" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>>Gotta make sure I charge up all my lights and my blinkie is working!
>

> Follow your own advice to Gwen about riding off the saddle and your blinkie will keep on working!

Naaah..... the Beer'Cross' the cheap POS saddle (that I dug out of the dumpster at the LBS) has the
"fart slot" cut-out in it.

Nelson Binch wrote:
> "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> | Nelson Binch wrote:
> | > My hardtail is sitting right behind me. It's been whispering "ride me"
> | > me for a while, but now it's starting to shout (considering my knee is
> all
> | > better) but a cold, sickly rain has settled in over us for the whole
> week,
> | > meaning that if it does finally stop for the weekend, it will still be
> muddy
> | > as hell everywhere I like to ride.
> | >
> | > This rain is killing my spirit, despite three straight years of hearing
> the
> | > blasted weathermen saying "We Need Rain!"
> |
> | At least its rain. We got at least 2-3" of snow last night.
>
> I can ride in snow!

Correction: Sludge. Not so much snow as white glop on the ground, mixed with ice, rain, sleet, snow,
and who knows what else. And it was doing that cold rain/snow thing the whole time too, so it was
miserable... as it was today too. The Fells better dry out by april 15th (when they open), 'cause
otherwise they're gonna get UGLY!

Jon Bond

Andrew Thorne wrote:
>>>Got fender eyelets on that frame?
>>
>>But, of course!
>>
>>I just don't have fenders to put on them ;-(
>

> If I hadn't just remounted mine on on the Bridgestone, there'd be some in the mail. Try a WTB
> on iBob.

iBob?

> At this time of year you might find some cheap.

Just got off the phone w/ my bud @ the LBS..... "Yeah, I have a pair kicking around that was
supposed to go on a GT <cough> StreamLine<cough-cough>.... I put a pair on my Cross bike they fit
great, come and get them on your way home tonight."

Just rode 7 miles in the cold rain (from work) at around midnight and loved
it. Well, I do need some clear glasses to keep all the mud out of my eyes, but my "weatherproof"
jacket and and pants worked perfectly. Only part of me that got wet was my head and my feet.
Riding in the rain can be a lot of fun if you are prepared for it.