Bloody North Road

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Joel Mayes, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Joel Mayes

    Joel Mayes Guest

    <Begin rant>

    Road from Clayton -> Brunswick and for a change took North Road through to St Kilda, well someone
    must have surfaced the road with glass instead of blue metal *THREE* punctures in about 10 Kms (yes
    I did brush the inside of the tire before putting the tube back in)

    <End rant>

    On the plus side, I did get a great arm workout from all that pumping :)

    --
    | Joel Mayes | /~\ ASCII Ribbon campaign Accordionist | \_/ stop HTML mail and news Musician | / \
    | Music Teacher |

    Tags:

  2. Yuri Budilov

    Yuri Budilov Guest

    where exactly in North Road? I have taken North Road from Bambra/Thomas intersection to the beach
    (St Kilda street) several times recently (Dec/Jan) and no problems...... But I do have kevlar lined
    road slicks though.....

    perhaps you took a different stretch of North Road?....

    "Joel Mayes" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > <Begin rant>
    >
    > Road from Clayton -> Brunswick and for a change took North Road through to St Kilda, well someone
    > must have surfaced the road with glass instead of blue metal *THREE* punctures in about 10 Kms
    > (yes I did brush the inside of the tire before putting the tube back in)
    >
    > <End rant>
    >
    > On the plus side, I did get a great arm workout from all that pumping :)
    >
    > --
    > | Joel Mayes | /~\ ASCII Ribbon campaign Accordionist | \_/ stop HTML mail and news Musician | /
    > | \ Music Teacher |

  3. Joel Mayes

    Joel Mayes Guest

    •In article <[email protected]>, yuri budilov wrote:

    > where exactly in North Road? I have taken North Road from Bambra/Thomas intersection to the beach
    > (St Kilda street) several times recently (Dec/Jan) and no problems...... But I do have kevlar
    > lined road slicks though.....

    Where as I was running *very* bald touring tyres...

    > perhaps you took a different stretch of North Road?....

    I might of, but I was navigating by the "The city's thataway --->" method so I can't tell exactly
    where I got on North road, but at a guess it was off the Nepean H'way.