Bloody sore Neck

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by riceman, Sep 22, 2006.

1. riceman

riceman New Member

HELP

I am new to cycling and thought it would be great to buy a road bike so I could keep fit and enjoy the great outdoors. After speaking to many people and visiting many bike shops I decided to buy a trek 1400 2007. Took this great looking bike for an early morning 40km ride. Had a great ride went to the gym after. The following day I could not move my neck thinking I had pulled muscle weight training. Put up with it for a couple of day. The third day I ended up going to hospital for an injection in the neck to relieve the pain. 2 weeks later went out on the bike again for a 35 km ride same thing again in pain.

My question is what should I change on my bike to solve this problem as I really don’t want to change the wrong thing and go through this pain each time? You probably thinking take it back to the bike shop, problem I live in Japan and don’t speak Japanese. Help:( :confused:

Tags:

2. Michael Pisarri

Michael Pisarri New Member

well, I am by no means an authority on this but perhaps you are fitted incorrectly on your bicycle. it would help if you could find a bike shop where someone speaks english to fit you on the bicycle and making sure your posture is correct, my guess is that this might help your neck pain (it helped pain i was havingin my lowerback when i had started, although i didnt need shots, maybe a few tylenol though. Anyways , thats my two cents

3. matagi

matagi Well-Known Member

4. riceman

riceman New Member

Thank you for your help. The web links a.re very helpful

5. gclark8

gclark8 New Member