Bloomin Punctures!

William. First day commuting by recumbent since - eek! - November 27th. Had that uneasiness that
always goes with the first run on a newly-rebuilt bike, but all seemed well, or did it? No, there's
something Not Right with the steering. No, can't be, it was OK on yesterday's test ride. No, it's
definitely feeling strange.

Arrive at the Nut Mines, find front tyre softer than a little squelchy thing. Bah!

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers <[email protected]> wrote:

> >Saw off a broom and attach it to the front of your bike, so it sweeps everywhere you go :)
>
> And if you attach a baseball bat to thwack dangerous motorists, it could be said "It beats as it
> sweeps as it cleans" Now that is showing my age and tendency to retain trivia in my brain...

Argh! Now I've got the tune stuck in my head! Make it stop!

--
Carol Hague "I'm insane. What's *his* excuse?" - Spike, BtVS

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:28:22 +0000, [email protected] (Carol Hague)
wrote in message <1g8xq54.165uglrm3i1tsN%[email protected]>:

>Argh! Now I've got the tune stuck in my head! Make it stop!

By all means. When you have an irritating catchy tune stuck in your head, you need to remove it by
suction, and replace the tune with a pleasant aroma.

I suggest that you shake'n'vac and put the freshness back...

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at the University of Washington.

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:28:22 +0000, [email protected] (Carol Hague) wrote in message
> <1g8xq54.165uglrm3i1tsN%[email protected]>:
>
>> Argh! Now I've got the tune stuck in my head! Make it stop!
>
> By all means. When you have an irritating catchy tune stuck in your head, you need to remove it by
> suction, and replace the tune with a pleasant aroma.
>
> I suggest that you shake'n'vac and put the freshness back...

Here you go, I'll get rid of it for you.

One thousand and one Cleans a big, big carpet For less than half a crown (for less than
half a crown)

--
Cheerful Peddling John Mallard

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004, Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:28:22 +0000, [email protected] (Carol Hague) wrote in message
> <1g8xq54.165uglrm3i1tsN%[email protected]>:
>
> >Argh! Now I've got the tune stuck in my head! Make it stop!
>
> By all means. When you have an irritating catchy tune stuck in your head, you need to remove it
> by suction, and replace the tune with a pleasant aroma.
>
> I suggest that you shake'n'vac and put the freshness back...

Actually, I find 'Axel F' can displace almost any tune. You have to be very careful to only think of
a bar or two however, because _nothing_ can shift Axel F when it's well embedded.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|

Ian Smith <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Actually, I find 'Axel F' can displace almost any tune.

Oh thanks a lot Ian! All I've got now is, doo doo dop dee dee doo etc. going round my head and
visions of 80's hairstyles and dodgy suits with rolled up sleeves. So what's the cure for
that? Lobotomy?

Graeme

> I suggest that you shake'n'vac and put the freshness back...

Hmmm. Thank you. Yep, that's oscillating round my head now.

I always get a closed loop from

"Beanz meanz Heinz" or, from further back, Esso Blue.

Those advertisers know what they are doing.

"John Mallard" <not_me@all> wrote:

> Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> > On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:28:22 +0000, [email protected] (Carol Hague) wrote in message
> > <1g8xq54.165uglrm3i1tsN%[email protected]>:
> >
> >> Argh! Now I've got the tune stuck in my head! Make it stop!
> >
> > By all means. When you have an irritating catchy tune stuck in your head, you need to remove it
> > by suction, and replace the tune with a pleasant aroma.
> >
> > I suggest that you shake'n'vac and put the freshness back...

You utter swine, Guy! Not only the ghastly tune but that awful woman with her glued-on smile - how
*could* you? <sobs uncontrollably>

> Here you go, I'll get rid of it for you.
>
> One thousand and one Cleans a big, big carpet For less than half a crown (for less than half
> a crown)

Ah, that one goes over my head completely I'm afraid, thus leading me to suspect that I may be
slightly younger than you - however, since you were clearly trying to do the same thing as Guy, I
say "Thrrrrrrpt" unto you both :)

--
Carol Hague "The people of this town *are* behaving strangely....even for humans..."
- Teal'c, Stargate SG1

Wish I'd not read any of this thread.

Need to ride the bike to Doncaster train station tomorrow and thence to Bike Right 9 and a half and I've not had a p*n*t*r* since half an hour before Carol Hague sold me a Tioga Comp Pool at Spokesfest in July and I'm bound to have jinxed it now.

Dammit!

Frobnitz <eddie_d@@> said:

> "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> I suggest that you shake'n'vac and put the freshness back...
>>
> Hmmm. Thank you. Yep, that's oscillating round my head now.
>
> I always get a closed loop from
>
> "Beanz meanz Heinz" or, from further back, Esso Blue.
>
> Those advertisers know what they are doing.

"Tenser, said the tensor. Tension, apprehension and dissension have begun!"

Useful for blocking out the mind-readers though... :)

Regards,

-david

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:26:22 GMT, "Frobnitz"
<eddie_d@@@blueyonder.ocbackwards.uk> wrote in message
<[email protected]>:

>"Beanz meanz Heinz"

Heinz? As in:

Whenever I'm sad Whenever I'm blue You'll always find me ready Beneath the stars Playing guitar Just
like Eddie...

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at the University of Washington.

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:26:22 GMT, "Frobnitz"
<eddie_d@@@blueyonder.ocbackwards.uk> wrote:

>"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> I suggest that you shake'n'vac and put the freshness back...
>>
>Hmmm. Thank you. Yep, that's oscillating round my head now.
>
>I always get a closed loop from
>
>"Beanz meanz Heinz" or, from further back, Esso Blue.
>
>Those advertisers know what they are doing.

"My sister Jane got married I had to wear a tie I didn't like the wedding And I can tell you why:
They wouldn't let me have Heinz beans I wish I hadn't come. If that's what getting married means, I
think I'll stay with Mum." <cue music> "Don't be mean with the beans, Mum, Beanz meanz Heinz"

Yes, there is a cycling link. I saw that endless times when I was about 6 or 7 because I had a
sprained ankle from falling off my bike and couldn't walk for a few days.

--

Debbie Urban Theology Unit, Sheffield Views expressed in this email are my own and are not
necessarily those of the University of Sheffield or UTU.

Carol Hague wrote:
> You utter swine, Guy! Not only the ghastly tune but that awful woman with her glued-on smile - how
> *could* you? <sobs uncontrollably>

OK, try this: Doo doo doo doo doo Doo doo doo doo doo Doo doo doo doo doo doo Doo doo doo doo doo
doo Asda Price Pat pat

A colleague of mine often hums this without realising it. I then have to live with it going round
my head for the rest of the day.

http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/

On 12 Feb 2004 05:24:27 -0800, [email protected] (Dave Kahn) wrote
in message <[email protected]>:

>Drink to forget

Or drink to remember, I me and myself And wind up the clock And knock dust from the shelf...

You will smart for that one. I /hate/ that song.

Guy
===

Danny Colyer <[email protected]> wrote:

> OK, try this: Doo doo doo doo doo Doo doo doo doo doo Doo doo doo doo doo doo Doo doo doo doo doo
> doo Asda Price Pat pat

Argh...

I think my brain's broken now....(always assuming it wasn't before)

--

Seamus <[email protected]> wrote:

> Wish I'd not read any of this thread.Need to ride the bike to Doncaster train station tomorrow and
> thence toBike Right 9 and a half and I've not had a p*n*t*r* since half an hour before Carol Hague
> sold me a Tioga Comp Pool at Spokesfest in July andI'm bound to have jinxed it now.Dammit!

Ah, but I won't be there to sprinkle caltrops in your path to make sure you but more tyres
this time :)

--

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> I suggest that you shake'n'vac and put the freshness back...

Its Clifford the big red soding dog thats stuck in my head most mornings.

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

Love this: