blooming considerate motorists - a rant

"Paul Kelly" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> One of my pet peeves is people who do not give a nod/wave/word of thanks in just those
> circumstances - it costs nothing and makes the world a nicer place.

I get that when a car properly gives way to me on a roundabout. A thank you here means "thanks for
not running me over and killing me." Simon

Disgruntled Goat <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On 18 Jul 2003 02:27:12 -0700, [email protected] (stephen pridgeon) wrote:
>
> >I've said it before, and I'll say it again - considerate motorists who stop, give way, slow down
> >to let me get past, drive behind me at a distance when it's not safe to overtake - All these
> >really really scare me. I'm just not used to it. I expect them to drive discourtously, then they
> >do something nice and it completely throws me
> >- sometimes badly.
>
> Mrs. G particularly enjoys doing this. She drives a huge, rusty white transit complete with large
> scrapes up the sides. Then, she slowly creeps up behind cyclists, carefully overtakes them when
> it's safe to do so making sure she's leaving plenty of room for them and then pulls in ahead of
> them when she's safely passed them and can see them clearly behind her. All of this considerate
> behaviour really worries the heck out of 'em.
> :)

This is obviously because Mrs G is a woman, and hence cannot drive a huge white transit in the way
it is supposed to be driven.

Phew, all stereotypes restored again - I was getting worried we might have to deal with actual human
beings, you know, the falible ones with feelings - sometimes good, sometimes bad, love their kids,
doing the best they can etc etc.

:))

SteveP

Nick Kew <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Not the obvious ones who try to wipe you out, but ones who overtake you and indicate left
> > then stop completely, waving you by on their
>
> Don't knock it. Those ones realise they've done wrong, and are correcting it in time to avoid the
> worst outcome.

NO No No No no no! They haven't realised they are in the wrong, they actually think that you were in
the wrong by travelling faster than they thought you were , and they are doing you a favour by being
magnanimous, like the prat that calls you out into oncoming traffic ( when there is no one behind
him anyway), they are best studiously ignored.

--
Marc Stickers,decals,membership,cards, T shirts, signs etc for clubs and associations of all types.
http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk/

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 11:10:12 +0100, "Simon Mason" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Pet hate at the moment is cars that overtake you and then want to turn left immediately. Not the
> obvious ones who try to wipe you out, but ones who overtake you and indicate left then stop
> completely, waving you by on their inside! The idiots then think their doing you a favour by
> letting you overtake a motor vehicle on its inside while it's indicating left.

At least they've seen you.

> > In my experience of motorists/cyclists I, in conjunction with my cycling buddies have come up
> > with a way of remembering what the driver of what car will be like:
> >
> > Audi = Asshole BMW = *******
>
> I finally realised what BMW stands for; the middle word is Minded.....

Break My Windows

:)