Blowing up Hotels in Jordan - What Gives

ptlwp

Oct 6, 2005
Breaking story on the tube....3 hotels...at least 18 dead, hundreds wounded.

What gives?

ptlwp said:

What gives?
Please, for the love of God stop saying 'what gives', it's very annoying and quite frankly stupid. This goes for everyone. Shut it.

MountainPro said:
Please, for the love of God stop saying 'what gives', it's very annoying and quite frankly stupid. This goes for everyone. Shut it.
Man, what gives with you?

Cannibal2 said:

To me it's "who gives" as in "who gives a rats ass as to an individuals venacular".
As to the original post I have heard that there may be some unrest and maybe even some random violence in the area,the area being the Middle East, but itis probably just a rumor.
It has something to do with religion and oil, probably a disagreement over the type of oil used on the popcorn at a church bingo party.
Of course it could be something else ,who keeps up with these things anyway?

jhuskey said:
To me it's "who gives" as in "who gives a rats ass as to an individuals venacular".
As to the original post I have heard that there may be some unrest and maybe even some random violence in the area,the area being the Middle East, but itis probably just a rumor.
It has something to do with religion and oil, probably a disagreement over the type of oil used on the popcorn at a church bingo party.
Of course it could be something else ,who keeps up with these things anyway?
Right...What gives? What's up? What's the matter etc...What plays a major role in our everyday lives... Like, What in the hell is going on in Jordan?

Cannibal2 said:
I'll give it a try....

What Gives ? Is the short version of - What gives this (being, man, woman, country, government, MILF, midget...etc.) the (right, liberty, audacity...etc.) to (do what ever action being questioned )? Bombing Jordanian hotels in this case. That's how you ask the question and then the discussion begins.

You see. There's a lot to think about and that tires MountainPro out.:D

My question is.... Why is it that every Middle Eastern country has had it's share of car bombings, suicide bombers, murders and beheading's, well, with the exception of IRAN that is ???? Cosa dà?

Lw

ptlwp said:

What gives?
Jordan is an ally of the USA and is one of only two muslim countries that have a peace pact with Israel. In light of the Iran statement (as discussed in another thread) this was just waiting to happen, as much as surprise as Christmas.

lwedge said:
You see. There's a lot to think about and that tires MountainPro out.:D
youre damn right, what with breathing and stuff, and now this....my brain is worn out.

MountainPro said:
Jordan is an ally of the USA and is one of only two muslim countries that have a peace pact with Israel. In light of the Iran statement (as discussed in another thread) this was just waiting to happen, as much as surprise as Christmas.

I doubt the Iran statement had much influence to be honest. The Jordanians have been under sustained attack since 2003. This is the first big attack to slip through the net.

The Jordanian bombings have been confirmed by Al Qaeda - they have admitted responsibility.

On Newsnight last night they discussed the fact that because Iraq is now a training ground for fighters from all over the world, it is conceivable that now these battle hardened fighters could well be intent on spreading chaos and death to allies of the USA (of which Jordan is one).

In addition, Robert Fisk has also reported that a lot of the insurgency in Iraq is
made up of people who had fought for Iraq during the Iraq/Iran war from
1980-1988.
In other words they're battle hardened - and will fight until the bitter end.

If Al Qaeda have already recdruited some or all of these war veterans, expect the Coalition death toll to gain momentum.