Blown out trainer tire

buckhorn

Aug 17, 2006
Was riding on the trainer today, when I heard a loud bang. Got off and saw that the tire had blown out. It happened on the sidewall, and now the tire looks ruined to me. It was one of those yellow trainer specific continental tires. It has a hole in the side of the tire about the diameter of a pencil.

I bought the tire 2 months ago, but have only been using it for the last month. Is this a defect, or is it something that is to be expected with use? Just wondering if I should seek a replacement from the seller, or just eat the $30 and buy a new one?

buckhorn said:
Was riding on the trainer today, when I heard a loud bang. Got off and saw that the tire had blown out. It happened on the sidewall, and now the tire looks ruined to me. It was one of those yellow trainer specific continental tires. It has a hole in the side of the tire about the diameter of a pencil.

I bought the tire 2 months ago, but have only been using it for the last month. Is this a defect, or is it something that is to be expected with use? Just wondering if I should seek a replacement from the seller, or just eat the $30 and buy a new one?
No harm in asking. Maybe they've had a few others come back. But don't eat the $30 - it's not healthy - just imagine where it's been!:p