Blubberhouses ride to Barton in the Beans (UK) 27th Feb

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by joemarshall, Feb 24, 2005.

  1. joemarshall

    joemarshall Guest

    Just a quick message to say what the final plans are for the rides to
    Barton in the Beans on Sunday 27th Feb.

    In case anyone doesn't know, this is a ride to a place called Barton in
    the Beans and then back, mainly because of the stupid name, via several
    other places with silly names and a pub with a silly name. It'll be
    quite a long ride (30 or so miles round trip from Nuneaton, about 60
    from Nottingham), so 29ers and cokers only.

    The meeting points

    1) Beeston nr. Nottingham (my house)

    Here

    http://tinyurl.com/5ts2t

    We'll aim to meet here at 8.30am.

    My mobile is (07905) 696427 if you're going to be late or whatever.

    2) Nuneaton

    http://tinyurl.com/5xm6s

    zoom in to see the proper map.

    There is a layby on the left of the northbound A444 north of
    Nuneaton, just past the ex-railway embankment. The ex-railway is a
    bit muddy but ridable (except if, like me, you have no tread left on
    your Coker tyre); this would avoid riding the busy A444 and there is
    a tunnel beneath the A5.

    Chris Dobbie + some others are meeting here at 8.30am

    We'll all meet up at Newton Burgoland at 11.30.

    http://tinyurl.com/6zo85

    then ride to Sheepy Magna and Sheepy Parva

    http://tinyurl.com/4qcg3

    then for lunch we'll go to the Cock Inn in Sibson

    http://tinyurl.com/5mzc4

    this will be followed by the Grand Finale of stupid names

    Barton in the Beans
    http://tinyurl.com/3u6k2

    after which we'll head homewards.

    Joe

    ps. in case anyone hasn't worked out what Blubberhouses is, see my
    blubberhouses photo album under here
    http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44

    --
    joemarshall - dumb blonde

  2. joemarshall

    joemarshall Guest

  3. markw

    markw Guest

    joemarshall wrote:
    > *It'll be quite a long ride (30 or so miles round trip from Nuneaton,
    > about 60 from Nottingham), so 29ers and cokers only.*

    Note: The Nuneaton contingent are planning to ride about 30 miles before
    we meet up with the Nottingham group. Of course, we have the option of a
    short ride back after lunch but it's still likely to be about 50 miles
    total.

    Regards,
    Mark.

    --
    markw - Frustrated RSU Emailer
    markw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5704

  4. joemarshall

    joemarshall Guest

    markw wrote:
    > *Note: The Nuneaton contingent are planning to ride about 30 miles
    > before we meet up with the Nottingham group. Of course, we have the
    > option of a short ride back after lunch but it's still likely to be
    > about 50 miles total.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Mark. *

    ooops, my bad.