Blubberhouses ride to Barton in the Beans (UK) 27th Feb

joemarshall

Guest
Just a quick message to say what the final plans are for the rides to
Barton in the Beans on Sunday 27th Feb.

In case anyone doesn't know, this is a ride to a place called Barton in
the Beans and then back, mainly because of the stupid name, via several
other places with silly names and a pub with a silly name. It'll be
quite a long ride (30 or so miles round trip from Nuneaton, about 60
from Nottingham), so 29ers and cokers only.

The meeting points

1) Beeston nr. Nottingham (my house)

Here

http://tinyurl.com/5ts2t

We'll aim to meet here at 8.30am.

My mobile is (07905) 696427 if you're going to be late or whatever.

2) Nuneaton

http://tinyurl.com/5xm6s

zoom in to see the proper map.

There is a layby on the left of the northbound A444 north of
Nuneaton, just past the ex-railway embankment. The ex-railway is a
bit muddy but ridable (except if, like me, you have no tread left on
your Coker tyre); this would avoid riding the busy A444 and there is
a tunnel beneath the A5.

Chris Dobbie + some others are meeting here at 8.30am

We'll all meet up at Newton Burgoland at 11.30.

http://tinyurl.com/6zo85

then ride to Sheepy Magna and Sheepy Parva

http://tinyurl.com/4qcg3

then for lunch we'll go to the **** Inn in Sibson

http://tinyurl.com/5mzc4

this will be followed by the Grand Finale of stupid names

Barton in the Beans
http://tinyurl.com/3u6k2

after which we'll head homewards.

Joe

ps. in case anyone hasn't worked out what Blubberhouses is, see my
blubberhouses photo album under here
http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44

--
joemarshall - dumb blonde

joemarshall wrote:
> *It'll be quite a long ride (30 or so miles round trip from Nuneaton,
> about 60 from Nottingham), so 29ers and cokers only.*

Note: The Nuneaton contingent are planning to ride about 30 miles before
we meet up with the Nottingham group. Of course, we have the option of a
short ride back after lunch but it's still likely to be about 50 miles
total.

Regards,
Mark.

--
markw - Frustrated RSU Emailer
markw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5704

markw wrote:
> *Note: The Nuneaton contingent are planning to ride about 30 miles
> before we meet up with the Nottingham group. Of course, we have the
> option of a short ride back after lunch but it's still likely to be
> about 50 miles total.
>
> Regards,
> Mark. *

ooops, my bad.