Blue Ridge Parkway and the Cookie Lady

Airwick

Nov 25, 2004
We're on our way to try the Parkway and to meet the Cookie Lady, June Curry. Anyone who has met June and would like us to convey your well wishes to her, please drop us a note.
We'll be keeping a daily online journal starting later tonight after today's ride. Would love to meet any and all who live between Asheville, NC and Afton, Virginia.

www.cookie.crazyguyonabike.com

Eden said:
She lives along the transcontinental route (trans USA that is) orginally mapped out by Bike Centennial (Now Adventure Cycling). She started giving out water and cookies to cyclists a long time ago and has become quite a fixture.

http://www.biketouring.net/rides/xcountry/curry.html

Ya.. I googled her.
Which is why my question "Who the Heck is June Curry" was actually a link to a page about her :)

Airwick said:
We're on our way to try the Parkway and to meet the Cookie Lady, June Curry. Anyone who has met June and would like us to convey your well wishes to her, please drop us a note.
We'll be keeping a daily online journal starting later tonight after today's ride. Would love to meet any and all who live between Asheville, NC and Afton, Virginia.

I have never met her but am familiar with her story. I would like to visit her sometime while passing through.
She is quite a legend in certain circles.

I met the "Cookie Lady" during my cross country trip in 1995. She was so nice to all in my group. Just so you know, I heard June had suffered a stroke a few months back and was not doing to well (see update on www.adventurecycling.org).

Happy Touring...

Will-

Airwick said: