Blue Ridge Pkwy Planning - Lodging Near james River

Cbike

Guest
In planning our trip for June we are trying to reduce the mileage on the first day. Therefore we're
looking for lodging where the parkway crosses the James River. Anyone aware of lodging along the
river between Glasgow and Lynchburg? The Skinner book has no information on this and lists the first
place to be Peaks of Otter Lodge at MP 85.7.

Appreciate any help. Thanks Charlie

"CBike" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> In planning our trip for June we are trying to reduce the mileage on the
first
> day. Therefore we're looking for lodging where the parkway crosses the
James
> River. Anyone aware of lodging along the river between Glasgow and
Lynchburg?
> The Skinner book has no information on this and lists the first place to
be
> Peaks of Otter Lodge at MP 85.7.
>
> Appreciate any help. Thanks Charlie

That area of Bedford County is remote and I don't recall any nearby motels. It's not far from
there to the Peaks where there is a campground and lodge. Be warned however that you have a
memorable 13+ mile climb up Apple Orchard Mountain that starts just after you cross the James if
you are heading south.