Blue tail lights. do what now?

lectraplayer

May 11, 2014
Haven't looked at equipment in the last year, but when I started shopping for tail lights, I was surprised to see so many blue ones. Not quite sure how I feel about them as they can be mistaken as law enforcement, or how Alabama would interpret the law (which I see says motor vehicle). Do they help with visibility over red? How much heckling from the law have those of you who use them have received?

Also, why has nobody thought of green or amber?

Haven't looked at equipment in the last year, but when I started shopping for tail lights, I was surprised to see so many blue ones. Not quite sure how I feel about them as they can be mistaken as law enforcement, or how Alabama would interpret the law (which I see says motor vehicle). Do they help with visibility over red? How much heckling from the law have those of you who use them have received?

Also, why has nobody thought of green or amber?
Blue tail lights are legal in most states. Why would anyone want them? Perhaps to be different, and perhaps to stand out when you're riding among a conglomeration of red lights from cars in the city. I prefer flashing red LED lights on the bike.

Blue tail lights are illegal on motorized vehicles, in general they are legal on non motorized as long as they don't flash, and as long as they face rearward, some states may have some slightly different variations. I can't find any studies yet to prove or disprove if blue is safer than red, and if not safer than why are laws okaying it to be used on bikes? I think blue would probably confuse motorists since the standard for tail lights has been red for at least the last 125 years. But again I can't find any studies on the subject.