Blueberry Ice Cream

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Michael \Dog3\ Lonergan, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. Mmmmmm... I just found a couple of bags of frozen blueberries in the
    freezer. Think I'm gonna make me some ice cream.

    Blueberry Ice Cream - Courtesy of Margaret Suran via the NY Times

    Makes about 1 1/2 quarts

    From "True Blueberry"

    3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
    1 cup sugar
    1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
    1/2 cup water
    2 cups heavy cream
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

    In large saucepan, combine blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and water, and
    heat over medium-high to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer,
    stirring occasionally, until blueberries release juices and mixture
    thickens slightly, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool
    completely. Add cream and vanilla and stir to blend. Process in an ice
    cream maker according to directions.

    Michael

    --
    "The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she
    served the family nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been

    --Calvin Trillin

    Tags:

  2. Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    > Mmmmmm... I just found a couple of bags of frozen blueberries in the
    > freezer. Think I'm gonna make me some ice cream.
    >
    > Blueberry Ice Cream - Courtesy of Margaret Suran via the NY Times

    Please, please, please write back and let us know how it turns out.
    I'm a freak for blueberries, and I have 2 Cuisinart ice cream canisters
    sitting in my freezer, always ready for the next try. This looks so
    simple...hope it's not too good to be true.

    Sandy

  3. [email protected] hitched up their panties and posted
    news:[email protected]:

    > Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
    >> Mmmmmm... I just found a couple of bags of frozen blueberries in the
    >> freezer. Think I'm gonna make me some ice cream.
    >>
    >> Blueberry Ice Cream - Courtesy of Margaret Suran via the NY Times
    >>

    > Please, please, please write back and let us know how it turns out.
    > I'm a freak for blueberries, and I have 2 Cuisinart ice cream canisters
    > sitting in my freezer, always ready for the next try. This looks so
    > simple...hope it's not too good to be true.
    >
    > Sandy

    I've made it before and it is really good. You may want to make some
    adjustments after the first batch. Like the cream etc. but other than that;
    the recipe is a good one. Thanks Margaret ;)

    Michael