BMC SLC01 Pro Machine w/ Easton CNT-Nanotechnology

mikael17128

Aug 7, 2004
Check out this article.

http://www.roadcycling.com/news/article1183.shtml

Anyone know any more about carbon nanotube technology than what's stated in the article? I wonder how much this bird's going to cost! Time to trade in our outdated carbon fiber bikes?

Another thought, I own a BMC SLT01. I absolutely adore the bike. It is however very stiff. I wonder if these bikes will be too stiff for recreational use?

Those are some big words you're using there man :p

A frame made entirely of CNT? I shudder to think what that would cost if BMC were ever to sell that frame to the public. I wonder how good this CNT stuff really is? My Easton EC90 bars are touted to have CNT. That didn't stop them from snapping in half with no crash to speak of. I give them the benefit of the doubt, that a defective product made it out of the factory, but still...

Nice bike you've got, by the way.

BMC will have more info on the SLC 01 during Eurobike 2005, it will be available to the public. i am just about to get the SLT 01 but now i will wait for SLC 01.

bkopi said:
BMC will have more info on the SLC 01 during Eurobike 2005, it will be available to the public. i am just about to get the SLT 01 but now i will wait for SLC 01.
You'd better check the mortgage rates! The commentators on OLN commented on the price of the new BMC Time Trial bikes during the Phonak team time trial and said they were reportedly worth $25,000. I repeat twenty-five THOUSAND dollars.