BNE: Bike Storage

Tripped

New Member
Feb 5, 2006
Hey,
I just want your input into brisbane's bike storage for the public....
I know Queensland Rails offers a bike locker sevice, however it
does not support cyclist who only cycle to the city on an irregular basis.
QR's offer allows commuters to cycle to the stations, however, It does not
allow the public to cycle to work without using trains, and also the
irregularity of some not using them all the time would be waste for people
who would use them on a regular basis. As a suggestion, Public bike lockers for pay by hour usage would be
perfect, but also big enough to cater for bicycles, to make sure only
people with bikes can use these lockers, having this facilities in a Car
park would be ideal.That's my view on it, I would love to hear yours.
p.s. If you have any suggestions to where i can leave my prized bike, for 5hours+ without the wheels going missing, please share =D school holidays for me are coming up, and i want to cycle to the city and state library and catch up with mates, without the hassle of worrying about my bike.

Tripped wrote:
> Hey,
> I just want your input into brisbane's bike storage for the public....
> I know Queensland Rails offers a bike locker sevice, however it
> does not support cyclist who only cycle to the city on an irregular
> basis.
> QR's offer allows commuters to cycle to the stations, however, It does
> not
> allow the public to cycle to work without using trains, and also the
> irregularity of some not using them all the time would be waste for
> people
> who would use them on a regular basis. As a suggestion, Public bike
> lockers for pay by hour usage would be
> perfect, but also big enough to cater for bicycles, to make sure only
> people with bikes can use these lockers, having this facilities in a
> Car
> park would be ideal.That's my view on it, I would love to hear yours.
> p.s. If you have any suggestions to where i can leave my prized bike,
> for 5hours+ without the wheels going missing, please share =D school
> holidays for me are coming up, and i want to cycle to the city and
> state library and catch up with mates, without the hassle of worrying
> about my bike.
>

> --
> Tripped

Mate it sounds like you'd better come along to the CBD BUG meeting, Wed
29 Nov, 12.30 at the new BCC admin centre - we get things done.

The BCC website has something on it somewhere, and the BQ website
www.bq.org.au might link to it - and also has a guide to bike racks
that may not be complete.

There is a commercial bike parking centre slated for King George Square
but this will be another 12 months.

There are a few racks around the city but you take a risk at these with
a decent bike. Some are in wide open view and others are hidden - take
your pick. Or there are rails, poles, seats etc.

Some businesses provide their employees with parking that ranges in
level of security.

Donga