BNE: Cootha Rider Down!

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by violto, Feb 2, 2007.

  1. violto

    violto New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2006
    Hi all

    My girlfriend and I were riding up the Bardon side of Mt. Cootha this morning with her training bunch when this guy comes flying past us going down hill. He must have been doing close to 70 around those tight corners and to top it off - NO HELMET. Just a bandanna.

    We get up near the top and another guy rides past to say that he fell off around a sharp corner. Couple of minutes later we hear an ambo siren.

    Anyone know any more info? aparenlty it wasn't pretty...

    Cheers,

    Tim and Madonna

    Tags:

  2. Donga

    Donga Guest

    On Feb 2, 9:52 pm, violto <[email protected]
    mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
    > Hi all
    >
    > My girlfriend and I were riding up the Bardon side of Mt. Cootha this
    > morning with her training bunch when this guy comes flying past us
    > going down hill. He must have been doing close to 70 around those tight
    > corners and to top it off - NO HELMET. Just a bandanna.
    >
    > We get up near the top and another guy rides past to say that he fell
    > off around a sharp corner. Couple of minutes later we hear an ambo
    > siren.
    >
    > Anyone know any more info? aparenlty it wasn't pretty...
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Tim and Madonna
    >
    > --
    > violto

    More Bne riders hang out on MTBDirt and RoadGrime and will probably
    have the goss.

    Donga

  3. adam85

    adam85 Guest

    "violto" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Hi all
    >
    > My girlfriend and I were riding up the Bardon side of Mt. Cootha this
    > morning with her training bunch when this guy comes flying past us
    > going down hill. He must have been doing close to 70 around those tight
    > corners and to top it off - NO HELMET. Just a bandanna.
    >
    > We get up near the top and another guy rides past to say that he fell
    > off around a sharp corner. Couple of minutes later we hear an ambo
    > siren.
    >
    > Anyone know any more info? aparenlty it wasn't pretty...
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Tim and Madonna

    A couple of mates did Cootha after racing yesterday morning and came across
    that crash. It wasn't the guy with the bandana who fell off from what they
    told me. But sorry, I don't have any more info.

    Adam

  4. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined: