BNE: Cootha Rider Down!

violto

New Member
Jan 23, 2006
Hi all

My girlfriend and I were riding up the Bardon side of Mt. Cootha this morning with her training bunch when this guy comes flying past us going down hill. He must have been doing close to 70 around those tight corners and to top it off - NO HELMET. Just a bandanna.

We get up near the top and another guy rides past to say that he fell off around a sharp corner. Couple of minutes later we hear an ambo siren.

Anyone know any more info? aparenlty it wasn't pretty...

Cheers,

Tim and Madonna

On Feb 2, 9:52 pm, violto <violto.2le...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> My girlfriend and I were riding up the Bardon side of Mt. Cootha this
> morning with her training bunch when this guy comes flying past us
> going down hill. He must have been doing close to 70 around those tight
> corners and to top it off - NO HELMET. Just a bandanna.
>
> We get up near the top and another guy rides past to say that he fell
> off around a sharp corner. Couple of minutes later we hear an ambo
> siren.
>
> Anyone know any more info? aparenlty it wasn't pretty...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tim and Madonna
>
> --
> violto

More Bne riders hang out on MTBDirt and RoadGrime and will probably
have the goss.

Donga

"violto" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Hi all
>
> My girlfriend and I were riding up the Bardon side of Mt. Cootha this
> morning with her training bunch when this guy comes flying past us
> going down hill. He must have been doing close to 70 around those tight
> corners and to top it off - NO HELMET. Just a bandanna.
>
> We get up near the top and another guy rides past to say that he fell
> off around a sharp corner. Couple of minutes later we hear an ambo
> siren.
>
> Anyone know any more info? aparenlty it wasn't pretty...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tim and Madonna

A couple of mates did Cootha after racing yesterday morning and came across
that crash. It wasn't the guy with the bandana who fell off from what they
told me. But sorry, I don't have any more info.

Adam