BNE: LA loop, 530am Fri 28 Apr.

Andrew

Guest
Fingers crossed for balmy weather.

For newbies:
530am start from Southbank end of Goodwill bridge.
River loop, direction to be determined, culminating with coffee at
Peleton (Milton)
Easy pace, noone is dropped, but please don't turn up on a FS MTB.
Shotguns optional.

AB.

PS: Brisbane. Not Melbourne.

Andrew wrote:

> Fingers crossed for balmy weather.
>
> For newbies:
> 530am start from Southbank end of Goodwill bridge.
> River loop, direction to be determined, culminating with coffee at
> Peleton (Milton)
> Easy pace, noone is dropped, but please don't turn up on a FS MTB.
> Shotguns optional.
>
> AB.
>
> PS: Brisbane. Not Melbourne.

THIS JUST IN!!!!

Lotte doesn't want to ride with us anymore... (It's the hearing aid
thing she was complaining about - justifiably - last week) ... so we
could maybe start a little later... if people wanted to sleep in...

I'm voting for an 8am start. ;-)

Tam

Andrew wrote:
> Easy pace, noone is dropped, but please don't turn up on a FS MTB.

Will you make an exception for a race-ready Giant Anthem?

:)

I was just getting used to the 530 start. Even left time for a coffee
before catching the train. 6am would be fine, but I may have to peel
off at a different station (assuming CW direction) so I don't miss it
if we won't be at Milton before 730.

Ok, any takers at 530? I won't be checking this after 430pm today, but
can be smsed on 0410 345679.

PHP:
Andrew said:
Fingers crossed for balmy weather.

For newbies:
530am start from Southbank end of Goodwill bridge.
River loop, direction to be determined, culminating with coffee at
Peleton (Milton)
Easy pace, noone is dropped, but please don't turn up on a FS MTB.
Shotguns optional.

AB.

PS: Brisbane. Not Melbourne.
PHP:

I am out for tomorrow and possibly next week. Mmmmmm day off tomorrow and big sleep in ...... ........pancakes ..........newspaper ..............coffee ........moving & shaking ...................

Nup, not me, too early. I'm considering the Gentlemen's ride from Park
Road at 6.00am. A little more vigorous, which I need - I presently
qualify for the Lard Arses, but don't want that to remain so! With
kids' sport on several mornings a week, I need to get some good
sessions in on the odd opportunity.

Donga

Dudes, sad to say I am out for tomorrow's LA...

My better half is starting work early, so I'll be stepping up to
officer-in-charge for the whole breakfast/uniforms/lunches and kids off
to school/preschool routine... *grins*

But I'll be up early (before the kiddies) doing a few repeats up and
down Mt Gravatt between 6 & 7am... Although I don't know if a post-ride
bowl of rice bubbles will be quite as yummy as the usual Peloton Brekky
Burger... *Mmmmm*

Have fun all!!!!
Abby

As planned, I did the Gentlemen's. We set off with five riders and when
I swapped off a few kms later, I had to go back about 30 spots! Don't
know where they all came from. When we got to the Tennyson overpass, we
overtook another bunch of 30 or so riders. I thought the bunches were
going to merge, but no, we just passed. Motorists coming up Fairfield
Rd must have been a bit 'surprised' until we turned off - not that we
would have been going a lot slower than them. At one point we passed
this old geezer off to work on the Huffy in his XXXX freebie stuff. He
got so excited that he rode with us for a few kms, not letting us pass
- very funny!

Fantastic cycling weather, but I wish it would rain.

Donga

I went down to Southbank anyway in the hope someone might show. Ended
up setting off by myself along the Ipswich train line.

Saw a huge bunch around Corinda/Oxley going in the opp dir.

Gave up trying to navigate back roads mapless at Wacol and hopped a
train.

Chilly start, but sweet as after that.