BNE: LA ride 12/01/07

asterope

New Member
Jun 6, 2006
oooh... now everyones in for trouble!! ive started an LA thread which means i cannot pike for the ride!!

anyone up for a friendly pootle along the riverside at a blindingly slow pace? (i havent ridden for a while, so i guarantee i will be stuffed at the end of it!) and breaky afterwards if anyone is keen :)

hooray... this is my first attempt at non-pikeness for the year, and dammit, its going to be sucessful even if it means i dont sleep a wink the night before!

whos in?

Asterope (Hi everyone, my names Asterope, and im a piker...)

asterope said:
oooh... now everyones in for trouble!! ive started an LA thread which means i cannot pike for the ride!!

anyone up for a friendly pootle along the riverside at a blindingly slow pace? (i havent ridden for a while, so i guarantee i will be stuffed at the end of it!) and breaky afterwards if anyone is keen :)

hooray... this is my first attempt at non-pikeness for the year, and dammit, its going to be sucessful even if it means i dont sleep a wink the night before!

whos in?

Asterope (Hi everyone, my names Asterope, and im a piker...)
wow! either its a really busy weekend, or no-one believes i wont pike!

:D

asterope said:
wow! either its a really busy weekend, or no-one believes i wont pike!

:D
Well, I'll say I'm in, not believing for a moment that there'll be a piking text waiting for me at dawn ...

As an added incentive I'll bring along the V Dub manual ...

Time?

Duracell Bunny said:
Well, I'll say I'm in, not believing for a moment that there'll be a piking text waiting for me at dawn ...

As an added incentive I'll bring along the V Dub manual ...

Time?
same bat time, same bat channel? :)

asterope said:
same bat time, same bat channel? :)

We haven't ridden an LA ride for such a long time, I thought I'd specify the time as that's changed a few times in the last 6 months ... 5:45 was the last time we used, but any time suits me for tomorrow.

Duracell Bunny said:
We haven't ridden an LA ride for such a long time, I thought I'd specify the time as that's changed a few times in the last 6 months ... 5:45 was the last time we used, but any time suits me for tomorrow.

5:45 is good. if anyone wants to join us thats groovy, if no-one wants to join us and you want a sleep-in and start later im fine with that too, but it will get a bit warm!

yeah, 5:45 is groovy :)

Duracell Bunny wrote:
> LotteBum Wrote:
> > I'm tempted to commit, then pike at the last minute. Heh.

> Would that make you a pikelet?
>

> --
> Duracell Bunny

No, with a name like hers she would be a poffertjes.

Donga

Donga said:
Duracell Bunny wrote:
> LotteBum Wrote:
> > I'm tempted to commit, then pike at the last minute. Heh.

> Would that make you a pikelet?
>

> --
> Duracell Bunny

No, with a name like hers she would be a poffertjes.

Donga
karen, if at all possible, could you please bring an allen/hex key thats smaller than #4... i need to adjust my cleats and some little SH*T has taken off with the very key i need.

thanks muchly in advance!

asterope said:
karen, if at all possible, could you please bring an allen/hex key thats smaller than #4... i need to adjust my cleats and some little SH*T has taken off with the very key i need.

thanks muchly in advance!

I always ride with a multi tool in the bike bag - just checked, the one on the Avanti fits both of my cleats so you should be right.

I've already put the V-Dub manual in my car so I don't come without it ...

LotteBum wrote:
> Great, another knob who thinks I'm Dutch..... :rolleyes:
>

> --
> LotteBum

It was your name, not your temper, I swear!

donga

asterope said:
5:45 is good. if anyone wants to join us thats groovy, if no-one wants to join us and you want a sleep-in and start later im fine with that too, but it will get a bit warm!

yeah, 5:45 is groovy :)

Okay sounds good - I'll see if I can make it . Might bring the MTB.

Adam

LotteBum said:
What Adam means is that he'll bring his wife's mtb. :D
whilst taking the MTB for anyone else would mean a considerable slowing down of the LA ride... this is adam we are talking about so i know thats not going to be the case!

Asterope (awake, this is a good sign!)

Thanks for a good ride this morning guys.

I had asked Tam to text me last night if she wanted to ride with me (thinking I'd avoid the usual disappointment of LA pike rates), but she didn't text me until well after 9pm when I had already gone to bed, so I didn't get her text until this morning when I was outside the gate, ready to go. Got down the road, realised I'd forgotten to fill my water bottle, so I headed back home to do that. Planned to do a reverse river loop, but saw Karen and Asterope with two mountain bikers tagging along. Feeling sorry for them, I turned around and joined them.

I'm glad I did because I got my **** kicked, which I really needed, having not ridden nearly enough over the past 4 weeks. Slack.

Tam, I saw Steven and I think he might have thought he earned himself some brownie points by saying g'day to me. You might want to tell him - once again - that in order to earn brownie points with me, he needs to turn around and offer to carry my bag for the duration of my ride. FFS, men these days.

Lotte :cool:

great ride this morning guys, and a pleasure to make your aquaintance donga! :)

we kept a pretty good pace, having to chase those mountain bikers!!
not as stuffed as i thought i would be, which is a good thing.

seeing as how i wont be working thursday nights anymore, i'll likely be able to make most LA rides from now on :) see, its all part of the grand plan to change my piker status...

once again, thanks for the ride... twas bloody enjoyable!!

Asterope (ja, itz very invigoratink!)

asterope said:
whilst taking the MTB for anyone else would mean a considerable slowing down of the LA ride... this is adam we are talking about so i know thats not going to be the case!

Asterope (awake, this is a good sign!)

Holy ****, what are you doing online at 4:30am!?

Thanks for the ride guys, it wasn't that much harder on the MTBs even with knobbies at the cruisy LA pace, but once you get much about 30kph it makes you work for it!

Who was that Dutch scrubber who jumped on at Uni? :)

Adam