BNE: LA ride 12/01/07

adam85 said:
Who was that Dutch scrubber who jumped on at Uni? :)
Hehe **** stirrer. You're not alone in calling me Dutch. Retro, Tam and Abby get much enjoyment out of doing it as well. I'm happy to provide you lot with entertainment, even if it is at my expense. :p

LotteBum said:
Hehe **** stirrer. You're not alone in calling me Dutch. Retro, Tam and Abby get much enjoyment out of doing it as well. I'm happy to provide you lot with entertainment, even if it is at my expense. :p
When Lotte shows up packing a large black shotgun looking object you will then realise that it has been taken too far and she has cracked. :eek:

asterope said:
great ride this morning guys, and a pleasure to make your aquaintance donga! :)

we kept a pretty good pace, having to chase those mountain bikers!!
not as stuffed as i thought i would be, which is a good thing.

seeing as how i wont be working thursday nights anymore, i'll likely be able to make most LA rides from now on :) see, its all part of the grand plan to change my piker status...

once again, thanks for the ride... twas bloody enjoyable!!

Asterope (ja, itz very invigoratink!)
Thanks everyone for the ride, it took its toll on me too - as soon as I got home I showered & then crashed for a couple of hours. Got to do it more often, I've only used the roadie twice this year I think ....

As Asterope hasn't mentioned it, our master plan was to take off after QLD Uni & beat the boys up the golf course hill. We can now use Lotte as our excuse for not succeeding :(

Great to see everyone again, it's been a long time!

DB

Duracell Bunny said:
As Asterope hasn't mentioned it, our master plan was to take off after QLD Uni & beat the boys up the golf course hill. We can now use Lotte as our excuse for not succeeding :(
That's right. USE AND ABUSE ME!!

Fat, slow and proud of it. Well... maybe not.

Lotte

LotteBum said:
That's right. USE AND ABUSE ME!!

Fat, slow and proud of it. Well... maybe not.

Lotte

What I actually meant was that Eileen & I were too busy gasbagging to Lotte to take on the fellers :p

They wooped us anyway, on their MTBs and us on our road bikes! :eek:

Duracell Bunny wrote:

> As Asterope hasn't mentioned it, our master plan was to take off after
> QLD Uni & beat the boys up the golf course hill. We can now use Lotte
> as our excuse for not succeeding :(
>
> Great to see everyone again, it's been a long time!
>
> DB

If only you'd mentioned it, we could have made arrangements!

Donga

Duracell Bunny said:
Thanks everyone for the ride, it took its toll on me too - as soon as I got home I showered & then crashed for a couple of hours. Got to do it more often, I've only used the roadie twice this year I think ....

DB
No roadie for me since November last year :( ............building up the replacement frame this arvo....woot woot :D .

Racing Sunday....bring on the pain.

Paulie-AU said:
No roadie for me since November last year :( ............building up the replacement frame this arvo....woot woot :D .

Racing Sunday....bring on the pain.

Looks as if I'm going to be a late entry for the D to D in 9 days time. Boy have I got some training to do!!!

Duracell Bunny said:
Looks as if I'm going to be a late entry for the D to D in 9 days time. Boy have I got some training to do!!!
Might as well start a taper with some easy XC rides.....only thing you would be able to achieve in 9 days is wearing yourself out.

Paulie-AU said:
Might as well start a taper with some easy XC rides.....only thing you would be able to achieve in 9 days is wearing yourself out.
Yep. I'm not even doing D to D anymore... Team Scrubbaz is O-U-T.

LotteBum wrote:
> Paulie-AU Wrote:
> > Might as well start a taper with some easy XC rides.....only thing you
> > would be able to achieve in 9 days is wearing yourself out.

> Yep. I'm not even doing D to D anymore... Team Scrubbaz is O-U-T.
>

> --
> LotteBum

Lotte did you get my PM about tomorrow at Daisy Hill? I can't find your
email.

Donga

Donga said:
Lotte did you get my PM about tomorrow at Daisy Hill? I can't find your email.
No I didn't.... but feel free to call or text me on 0422 331 286.

Cheers,
LH

Paulie-AU said:
Might as well start a taper with some easy XC rides.....only thing you would be able to achieve in 9 days is wearing yourself out.

Me? Taper? Chase ride tomorrow, maybe a cruisey 50km Daisy ride Sunday, & night ride on Tuesday is the plan at present. Then no more till the event other than a road cruise for Friday with LA if anyone else comes along.

That was a brilliant ride Lotte - good company, and Daisy Hill has some
cool trails ... and a nice soft, sandy corner!

Donga

Donga said:
That was a brilliant ride Lotte - good company, and Daisy Hill has some cool trails ... and a nice soft, sandy corner!

Donga
Thanks mate, I enjoyed the ride.

That corner was one of the 10 most embarrassing moments of my life. I felt like such a ****. So, out of 5 rides on my new bike, I've had 3 (pathetic) stacks. That's more stacks than I've had in the past 2 years on my old bike... something's wrong. Fsck those disc brakes annoy me. I'm going to take it to Carso's on Tuesday. I'm sure he can fix it, but in the meantime it's really annoying.

Ciao,
Lotte

Duracell Bunny said:
Me? Taper? Chase ride tomorrow, maybe a cruisey 50km Daisy ride Sunday, & night ride on Tuesday is the plan at present. Then no more till the event other than a road cruise for Friday with LA if anyone else comes along.
I hope that you will take my advice and just enjoy yourself at the race. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. When you feel tired, stop and smell the cow poo for a few minutes. Don't keep going because you'll make mistakes.

GRR I'm logged in as Paulie again.

Lotte

Paulie-AU said:
I hope that you will take my advice and just enjoy yourself at the race. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. When you feel tired, stop and smell the cow poo for a few minutes. Don't keep going because you'll make mistakes.

GRR I'm logged in as Paulie again.

Lotte

I stacked heavily on Stonehenge today too - the rain on my glasses was just enough to obscure good vision & I dropped the front wheel into loose gravel, so now I have a bruised shoulder & hip, with a little bark missing. But the Chase was a good ride overall, the rain didn't last & by the time we got to Turning Japanese it was dry again.

Sadly the coffee van had broken down - they make awesome coffee but without his generator he was unable to function at all.

The team that offered me a place on D2D didn't realise I was a newbie & withdrew their offer when I told them I had only ridden for 12 weeks. Can't say I'm sorry as I'm really not fit enough for a 4 hour slog over 12 hours. So just mid week night & weekend rides for a while.

"Donga" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> That was a brilliant ride Lotte - good company, and Daisy Hill has some
> cool trails ... and a nice soft, sandy corner!
>
> Donga

There weren't any spiders on that corner were there?