BNE: LA ride 12/01/07

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by asterope, Jan 9, 2007.

  1. asterope

    asterope New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    Thinking about a ride tommorow morning... anyone interested?

  2. Duracell Bunny

    Duracell Bunny New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2006
    Yes, definitely. Just did a gentle 20km ride this morning to ride off the bruising & stiffness I got from yesterday's stack - shoulder's still very sore but cycling doesn't affect it. What time, 5:45, or whatever time you like.

  3. Duracell Bunny

    Duracell Bunny New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2006
    Tam knows all about adjusting brakes, as I recall from an earlier thread :D
    DB

  4. Duracell Bunny

    Duracell Bunny New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2006
    Piker :p

  5. asterope

    asterope New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    somehow, i dont think going to visit my flu-ey mum and cooking her dinner is piking.

  6. Tripped

    Tripped New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2006
    May i ask, how many turn out for these LA rides?[​IMG]

  7. Duracell Bunny

    Duracell Bunny New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2006
    You offered a ride, & didn't show? You're a piker :D

    Tomorrow, SS Goodwill Bridge, 6 am?

    DB

  8. Duracell Bunny

    Duracell Bunny New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2006
    Between none and I think our maximum has been around 8.

    DB

  9. asterope

    asterope New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    my mum doesnt think im a piker :p
    was good to see her even if she was all snotty and sick :(

    tripped... we are slowly trying to resurrect the LA rides, one piker at a time.

  10. Duracell Bunny

    Duracell Bunny New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2006
    We've got a little pack forming for the ride from Road Grime - including possibly Abby :) (see http://www.roadgrime.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=4356#4356)

    Hence the later than usual starting time.
    Be nice if you came along, I rather fancy brekky at Peloton before I go on to Toowong afterwards.

  11. asterope

    asterope New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    how was the ride this morning? hope you all had fun!

    tuesdays arent really all that good for me, mondays usually are and fridays certainly are... then again all this could all get changed around when uni goes back or when i find another job!!

  12. Duracell Bunny

    Duracell Bunny New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2006
    It all got a bit confused, we formed two packs as somehow we didn't meet up - four of us left at 6:00 having been there 10 minutes, but Abby & Newbie also claim to have shown up at 5:55 & left at 6:05. Our pack was blindingly fast (how fast is a matter of contention, but my computer said an average of 32 till my chain terminated itself on The Corso, others claim it was a mere 28. But I couldn't keep the pace up, bad chain or good.

    We're doing it again at a promised 25 km/h tomorrow, 6:00 am again if you'd like to join us Asterope. See
    http://www.roadgrime.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=541&highlight=
    for details.

  13. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    Duracell Bunny wrote:

    > Abby & Newbie also claim to have shown up at 5:55 & left at 6:05. Our
    > pack was blindingly fast (how fast is a matter of contention, but my
    > computer said an average of 32 till my chain terminated itself on The
    > Corso, others claim it was a mere 28. But I couldn't keep the pace up,
    > bad chain or good.

    At that pace I think you need to rename the LA ride.

    DaveB

  14. asterope

    asterope New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    sorry karen, i'll have to pass until friday morning.
    wednesdays and thursday mornings are really really bad for me... working till the wee hours of the morning on tuesday and wednesday nights makes for sleepy asterope.

    the good news is, ive checked my draft uni timetable and i have a lecture at 8am on monday morning... this is great because it will get me riding on mondays as well as the usual fridays! lets hope this doesnt change much because im liking it!!

  15. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    Come along girls! Make it a b!tch ride!

  16. adam85

    adam85 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2004

    Sorry, I'm busy!

  17. Duracell Bunny

    Duracell Bunny New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2006
    How about you, Abby??

  18. adam85

    adam85 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2004

    B!tch!!

  19. adam85 wrote:
    > Duracell Bunny Wrote:
    > > How about you, Abby??

    > B!tch!!
    >

    > --
    > adam85

    *laughs* Nuh-uh - I'll be saving the legs. I'm stepping up to C-grade
    tomorrow arvo at the Twilight Crits at Nundah, so will need every
    single muscle fibre in peak condition to try and hold on..... *grins*

    In the mean time, I'll be busy preparing excuses for why I got
    dropped.... ;)

    Cheers,
    Abby

  20. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    So how did you go Picollini? Did you get dropped?