BNE: LA ride 12/01/07

asterope said:
Thinking about a ride tommorow morning... anyone interested?

Yes, definitely. Just did a gentle 20km ride this morning to ride off the bruising & stiffness I got from yesterday's stack - shoulder's still very sore but cycling doesn't affect it. What time, 5:45, or whatever time you like.

Paulie-AU said:
Fsck those disc brakes annoy me. I'm going to take it to Carso's on Tuesday. I'm sure he can fix it, but in the meantime it's really annoying.

Ciao,
Lotte

Tam knows all about adjusting brakes, as I recall from an earlier thread :D
DB

somehow, i dont think going to visit my flu-ey mum and cooking her dinner is piking.

May i ask, how many turn out for these LA rides?
smile.gif

asterope said:
somehow, i dont think going to visit my flu-ey mum and cooking her dinner is piking.
You offered a ride, & didn't show? You're a piker :D

Tomorrow, SS Goodwill Bridge, 6 am?

DB

Duracell Bunny said:
You offered a ride, & didn't show? You're a piker :D

Tomorrow, SS Goodwill Bridge, 6 am?

DB
my mum doesnt think im a piker :p
was good to see her even if she was all snotty and sick :(

tripped... we are slowly trying to resurrect the LA rides, one piker at a time.

asterope said:
my mum doesnt think im a piker :p
was good to see her even if she was all snotty and sick :(

tripped... we are slowly trying to resurrect the LA rides, one piker at a time.
We've got a little pack forming for the ride from Road Grime - including possibly Abby :) (see http://www.roadgrime.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=4356#4356)

Hence the later than usual starting time.
Be nice if you came along, I rather fancy brekky at Peloton before I go on to Toowong afterwards.

Duracell Bunny said:
We've got a little pack forming for the ride from Road Grime - including possibly Abby :) (see http://www.roadgrime.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=4356#4356)

Hence the later than usual starting time.
Be nice if you came along, I rather fancy brekky at Peloton before I go on to Toowong afterwards.
how was the ride this morning? hope you all had fun!

tuesdays arent really all that good for me, mondays usually are and fridays certainly are... then again all this could all get changed around when uni goes back or when i find another job!!

asterope said:
how was the ride this morning? hope you all had fun!

tuesdays arent really all that good for me, mondays usually are and fridays certainly are... then again all this could all get changed around when uni goes back or when i find another job!!
It all got a bit confused, we formed two packs as somehow we didn't meet up - four of us left at 6:00 having been there 10 minutes, but Abby & Newbie also claim to have shown up at 5:55 & left at 6:05. Our pack was blindingly fast (how fast is a matter of contention, but my computer said an average of 32 till my chain terminated itself on The Corso, others claim it was a mere 28. But I couldn't keep the pace up, bad chain or good.

We're doing it again at a promised 25 km/h tomorrow, 6:00 am again if you'd like to join us Asterope. See
http://www.roadgrime.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=541&highlight=
for details.

Duracell Bunny wrote:

> Abby & Newbie also claim to have shown up at 5:55 & left at 6:05. Our
> pack was blindingly fast (how fast is a matter of contention, but my
> computer said an average of 32 till my chain terminated itself on The
> Corso, others claim it was a mere 28. But I couldn't keep the pace up,
> bad chain or good.

At that pace I think you need to rename the LA ride.

DaveB

Duracell Bunny said:
It all got a bit confused, we formed two packs as somehow we didn't meet up - four of us left at 6:00 having been there 10 minutes, but Abby & Newbie also claim to have shown up at 5:55 & left at 6:05. Our pack was blindingly fast (how fast is a matter of contention, but my computer said an average of 32 till my chain terminated itself on The Corso, others claim it was a mere 28. But I couldn't keep the pace up, bad chain or good.

We're doing it again at a promised 25 km/h tomorrow, 6:00 am again if you'd like to join us Asterope. See
http://www.roadgrime.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=541&highlight=
for details.
sorry karen, i'll have to pass until friday morning.
wednesdays and thursday mornings are really really bad for me... working till the wee hours of the morning on tuesday and wednesday nights makes for sleepy asterope.

the good news is, ive checked my draft uni timetable and i have a lecture at 8am on monday morning... this is great because it will get me riding on mondays as well as the usual fridays! lets hope this doesnt change much because im liking it!!

adam85 wrote:
> Duracell Bunny Wrote:
> > How about you, Abby??

> B!tch!!
>

> --
> adam85

*laughs* Nuh-uh - I'll be saving the legs. I'm stepping up to C-grade
tomorrow arvo at the Twilight Crits at Nundah, so will need every
single muscle fibre in peak condition to try and hold on..... *grins*

In the mean time, I'll be busy preparing excuses for why I got
dropped.... ;)

Cheers,
Abby