BNE: Newsflash - Duracell Bunny arrested

asterope said:
you've been getting those one-liner emails again, havent you adam? ;)
the funniest thing i heard in canadia (apart from canadians talking)

a baby seal walks into a bar and the bartender asks him what he wants to drink.

The seal replies "anything but canadian club".

Duracell Bunny wrote:
> Resound Wrote:

>> Are Duracells chargable now?

>I hope so - been feeling a tad flat & run down lately :)

You'd be a real bunny if you believed the TV ads about how long they last.
If you want longer lasting batteries than even Duracell, then find some
Eveready Energiser Industrials. They come in basic black and are not for
resale, and are very cheap e.g. AA for $0.55, but you have to buy a gross
(that's 144 for you young people) to get that price. Unfortunately you also
have to buy from a wholesaler.

Theo

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:10:22 +1100
Duracell Bunny <[email protected]> wrote:

> Resound Wrote:
>> "adam85" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> >
>> > ..charged with battery :D
>> >

>> Are Duracells chargable now?I hope so - been feeling a tad flat & run down lately :)

Well yes, but you really don't want to know how they attach the leads.

Zebee

Zebee Johnstone said:
In aus.bicycle on Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:10:22 +1100
Duracell Bunny <[email protected]> wrote:

> Resound Wrote:
hope so - been feeling a tad flat & run down lately :)

Well yes, but you really don't want to know how they attach the leads.

Zebee
Well, I could do with some spark in my life, I suppose
smile.gif

Theo Bekkers said:
Duracell Bunny wrote:
> Resound Wrote:

>> Are Duracells chargable now?

>I hope so - been feeling a tad flat & run down lately :)

You'd be a real bunny if you believed the TV ads about how long they last.
If you want longer lasting batteries than even Duracell, then find some
Eveready Energiser Industrials. They come in basic black and are not for
resale, and are very cheap e.g. AA for $0.55, but you have to buy a gross
(that's 144 for you young people) to get that price. Unfortunately you also
have to buy from a wholesaler.

Theo
Haymans (MM Electrical in some states) stock them, though I do have an account there they will deal with non trade. They have them in packs of 24, I get through quite a few of them in test equipment.

"Theo Bekkers" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Duracell Bunny wrote:
>> Resound Wrote:

>>> Are Duracells chargable now?

>>I hope so - been feeling a tad flat & run down lately :)

> You'd be a real bunny if you believed the TV ads about how long they last.
> If you want longer lasting batteries than even Duracell, then find some
> Eveready Energiser Industrials. They come in basic black and are not for
> resale, and are very cheap e.g. AA for $0.55, but you have to buy a gross
> (that's 144 for you young people) to get that price. Unfortunately you
> also have to buy from a wholesaler.
>
> Theo

If you need anything like that number of AAs, it's probably more cost
effective (and a hell of a lot more environmentally friendly) to use
rechargables.

Resound wrote:

> If you need anything like that number of AAs, it's probably more cost
> effective (and a hell of a lot more environmentally friendly) to use
> rechargables.

Rechargables can be a pain in the ****. You have to manage them, buy a bunch
of chargers, have somewhere to plug them in, and you get a lower voltage.
Generally rechargables only give you 1.2 V. For applications like cordless
mouses (mice, meece?) and keyboards, rechargables are useless, as the
devices expect 1.5 V and will give you a 'low battery' indication in a week
as against months with a lead-acid.

Theo

Theo Bekkers said:
Resound wrote:

> If you need anything like that number of AAs, it's probably more cost
> effective (and a hell of a lot more environmentally friendly) to use
> rechargables.

Rechargables can be a pain in the ****. You have to manage them, buy a bunch
of chargers, have somewhere to plug them in, and you get a lower voltage.
Generally rechargables only give you 1.2 V. For applications like cordless
mouses (mice, meece?) and keyboards, rechargables are useless, as the
devices expect 1.5 V and will give you a 'low battery' indication in a week
as against months with a lead-acid.

Theo
I agree - I often work in areas where there there is no power, and need to use test equipement that chews through batteries, and don't like low voltage, so I have little choice but to use dry cells. I did try ni-cads, & finished up throwing them away as they simply did not do the job, unless I jury-rigged them to take another cell to increase the effective voltage - which made them impractical in normal working conditions.

On 2006-11-28, Theo Bekkers (aka Bruce)
> Resound wrote:
>
>> If you need anything like that number of AAs, it's probably more cost
>> effective (and a hell of a lot more environmentally friendly) to use
>> rechargables.

> Rechargables can be a pain in the ****. You have to manage them, buy a bunch
> of chargers, have somewhere to plug them in, and you get a lower voltage.
> Generally rechargables only give you 1.2 V. For applications like cordless
> mouses (mice, meece?) and keyboards, rechargables are useless, as the
> devices expect 1.5 V and will give you a 'low battery' indication in a week
> as against months with a lead-acid.

What sort of lead acid do you use? I always had problems with mouse
mobility when I tried connecting one of my spare 300CCA UPS batteries
(yeah, I know CCA and UPSen don't mix, but they're cheap, and they've
worked for 3 years!). Not very ergonomic, either. But I would expect
it to last more than a few mere months!

--
TimC
If you tried to understand this, you'd be very confused, in the standard

TimC wrote:
> Theo Bekkers wrote

>> Rechargables can be a pain in the ****. You have to manage them, buy
>> a bunch of chargers, have somewhere to plug them in, and you get a
>> lower voltage. Generally rechargables only give you 1.2 V. For
>> applications like cordless mouses (mice, meece?) and keyboards,
>> rechargables are useless, as the devices expect 1.5 V and will give
>> you a 'low battery' indication in a week as against months with a
>> lead-acid.

> What sort of lead acid do you use? I always had problems with mouse
> mobility when I tried connecting one of my spare 300CCA UPS batteries
> (yeah, I know CCA and UPSen don't mix, but they're cheap, and they've
> worked for 3 years!). Not very ergonomic, either. But I would expect
> it to last more than a few mere months!

Industrial energiser AA. You put a 300CCA UPS battery IN your cordless
mouse? Bit hard to move the mouse then innit?

Theo

On 2006-11-29, Theo Bekkers (aka Bruce)
> TimC wrote:
>> Theo Bekkers wrote

>>> Rechargables can be a pain in the ****. You have to manage them, buy
>>> a bunch of chargers, have somewhere to plug them in, and you get a
>>> lower voltage. Generally rechargables only give you 1.2 V. For
>>> applications like cordless mouses (mice, meece?) and keyboards,
>>> rechargables are useless, as the devices expect 1.5 V and will give
>>> you a 'low battery' indication in a week as against months with a
>>> lead-acid.

>> What sort of lead acid do you use? I always had problems with mouse
>> mobility when I tried connecting one of my spare 300CCA UPS batteries
>> (yeah, I know CCA and UPSen don't mix, but they're cheap, and they've
>> worked for 3 years!). Not very ergonomic, either. But I would expect
>> it to last more than a few mere months!

> Industrial energiser AA.

I do admit I am unfamiliar with lead acid AAs. How do they seal them?

Or are you just not allowed to turn your mouse upside down?

--
TimC
NOT A CHANCE! I know for a *fact* the kittens aren't frightened