BNE: Newsflash - Duracell Bunny arrested

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by adam85, Nov 26, 2006.

  1. adam85

    adam85 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2004
    ...charged with battery :D

    Tags:

  2. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963

    *boom*tish*

    ..sigh :p

  3. asterope

    asterope New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    you've been getting those one-liner emails again, havent you adam? ;)

  4. byron27

    byron27 New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2003
    the funniest thing i heard in canadia (apart from canadians talking)

    a baby seal walks into a bar and the bartender asks him what he wants to drink.

    The seal replies "anything but canadian club".

  5. Resound

    Resound Guest

  6. Duracell Bunny

    Duracell Bunny New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2006
    I hope so - been feeling a tad flat & run down lately :)

  7. Theo Bekkers

    Theo Bekkers Guest

    Duracell Bunny wrote:
    > Resound Wrote:

    >> Are Duracells chargable now?

    >I hope so - been feeling a tad flat & run down lately :)

    You'd be a real bunny if you believed the TV ads about how long they last.
    If you want longer lasting batteries than even Duracell, then find some
    Eveready Energiser Industrials. They come in basic black and are not for
    resale, and are very cheap e.g. AA for $0.55, but you have to buy a gross
    (that's 144 for you young people) to get that price. Unfortunately you also
    have to buy from a wholesaler.

    Theo

  8. In aus.bicycle on Tue, 28 Nov 2006 09:10:22 +1100
    Duracell Bunny <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Resound Wrote:
    >> "adam85" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]
    >> >
    >> > ..charged with battery :D
    >> >

    >> Are Duracells chargable now?I hope so - been feeling a tad flat & run down lately :)

    Well yes, but you really don't want to know how they attach the leads.

    Zebee

  9. Duracell Bunny

    Duracell Bunny New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2006
    Well, I could do with some spark in my life, I suppose [​IMG]

  10. Duracell Bunny

    Duracell Bunny New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2006
    Haymans (MM Electrical in some states) stock them, though I do have an account there they will deal with non trade. They have them in packs of 24, I get through quite a few of them in test equipment.

  11. Resound

    Resound Guest

    "Theo Bekkers" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Duracell Bunny wrote:
    >> Resound Wrote:

    >>> Are Duracells chargable now?

    >>I hope so - been feeling a tad flat & run down lately :)

    > You'd be a real bunny if you believed the TV ads about how long they last.
    > If you want longer lasting batteries than even Duracell, then find some
    > Eveready Energiser Industrials. They come in basic black and are not for
    > resale, and are very cheap e.g. AA for $0.55, but you have to buy a gross
    > (that's 144 for you young people) to get that price. Unfortunately you
    > also have to buy from a wholesaler.
    >
    > Theo

    If you need anything like that number of AAs, it's probably more cost
    effective (and a hell of a lot more environmentally friendly) to use
    rechargables.

  12. Theo Bekkers

    Theo Bekkers Guest

    Resound wrote:

    > If you need anything like that number of AAs, it's probably more cost
    > effective (and a hell of a lot more environmentally friendly) to use
    > rechargables.

    Rechargables can be a pain in the arse. You have to manage them, buy a bunch
    of chargers, have somewhere to plug them in, and you get a lower voltage.
    Generally rechargables only give you 1.2 V. For applications like cordless
    mouses (mice, meece?) and keyboards, rechargables are useless, as the
    devices expect 1.5 V and will give you a 'low battery' indication in a week
    as against months with a lead-acid.

    Theo

  13. Duracell Bunny

    Duracell Bunny New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2006
    I agree - I often work in areas where there there is no power, and need to use test equipement that chews through batteries, and don't like low voltage, so I have little choice but to use dry cells. I did try ni-cads, & finished up throwing them away as they simply did not do the job, unless I jury-rigged them to take another cell to increase the effective voltage - which made them impractical in normal working conditions.

  14. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-11-28, Theo Bekkers (aka Bruce)
    > Resound wrote:
    >
    >> If you need anything like that number of AAs, it's probably more cost
    >> effective (and a hell of a lot more environmentally friendly) to use
    >> rechargables.

    > Rechargables can be a pain in the arse. You have to manage them, buy a bunch
    > of chargers, have somewhere to plug them in, and you get a lower voltage.
    > Generally rechargables only give you 1.2 V. For applications like cordless
    > mouses (mice, meece?) and keyboards, rechargables are useless, as the
    > devices expect 1.5 V and will give you a 'low battery' indication in a week
    > as against months with a lead-acid.

    What sort of lead acid do you use? I always had problems with mouse
    mobility when I tried connecting one of my spare 300CCA UPS batteries
    (yeah, I know CCA and UPSen don't mix, but they're cheap, and they've
    worked for 3 years!). Not very ergonomic, either. But I would expect
    it to last more than a few mere months!

    --
    TimC
    If you tried to understand this, you'd be very confused, in the standard

  15. Theo Bekkers

    Theo Bekkers Guest

    TimC wrote:
    > Theo Bekkers wrote

    >> Rechargables can be a pain in the arse. You have to manage them, buy
    >> a bunch of chargers, have somewhere to plug them in, and you get a
    >> lower voltage. Generally rechargables only give you 1.2 V. For
    >> applications like cordless mouses (mice, meece?) and keyboards,
    >> rechargables are useless, as the devices expect 1.5 V and will give
    >> you a 'low battery' indication in a week as against months with a
    >> lead-acid.

    > What sort of lead acid do you use? I always had problems with mouse
    > mobility when I tried connecting one of my spare 300CCA UPS batteries
    > (yeah, I know CCA and UPSen don't mix, but they're cheap, and they've
    > worked for 3 years!). Not very ergonomic, either. But I would expect
    > it to last more than a few mere months!

    Industrial energiser AA. You put a 300CCA UPS battery IN your cordless
    mouse? Bit hard to move the mouse then innit?

    Theo

  16. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-11-29, Theo Bekkers (aka Bruce)
    > TimC wrote:
    >> Theo Bekkers wrote

    >>> Rechargables can be a pain in the arse. You have to manage them, buy
    >>> a bunch of chargers, have somewhere to plug them in, and you get a
    >>> lower voltage. Generally rechargables only give you 1.2 V. For
    >>> applications like cordless mouses (mice, meece?) and keyboards,
    >>> rechargables are useless, as the devices expect 1.5 V and will give
    >>> you a 'low battery' indication in a week as against months with a
    >>> lead-acid.

    >> What sort of lead acid do you use? I always had problems with mouse
    >> mobility when I tried connecting one of my spare 300CCA UPS batteries
    >> (yeah, I know CCA and UPSen don't mix, but they're cheap, and they've
    >> worked for 3 years!). Not very ergonomic, either. But I would expect
    >> it to last more than a few mere months!

    > Industrial energiser AA.

    I do admit I am unfamiliar with lead acid AAs. How do they seal them?

    Or are you just not allowed to turn your mouse upside down?

    --
    TimC
    NOT A CHANCE! I know for a *fact* the kittens aren't frightened