BNE: races this weekend?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Tamyka Bell, Sep 20, 2005.

  1. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Haven't decided what to do with myself this weekend; might stay off the
    MTB one more week, seeing as I've got the half next weekend.

    Sunday arvo I'm hiking in Daisy, that should piss off the MTBers :D

    Sat - Murarrie at the normal times - who will be there?

    Sun - Tour of Tamborine - did anyone enter?

    Sun - Nundah crits on again, this time a morning event (see
    http://members.optusnet.com.au/vonberky/ for details) but C grade isn't
    until 0830 so that's a sleep in!

    Tam

    Tags:

  2. ghostgum

    ghostgum New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Have you considered having a rest weekend? :)

  3. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    ghostgum wrote:

    > Tamyka Bell Wrote:
    > > Haven't decided what to do with myself this weekend; might stay off the
    > > MTB one more week, seeing as I've got the half next weekend.
    > >
    > > Sunday arvo I'm hiking in Daisy, that should piss off the MTBers :D
    > >
    > > Sat - Murarrie at the normal times - who will be there?
    > >
    > > Sun - Tour of Tamborine - did anyone enter?
    > >
    > > Sun - Nundah crits on again, this time a morning event (see
    > > http://members.optusnet.com.au/vonberky/ for details) but C grade
    > > isn't
    > > until 0830 so that's a sleep in!
    > >
    > > Tam

    > Have you considered having a rest weekend? :)
    >
    > --
    > ghostgum

    Yes, this is my rest weekend, as detailed above... I didn't say I was
    doing them, just asking who was!

    Tam

  4. trek-man

    trek-man New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2005

  5. adam85

    adam85 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2004
    Murrarie Saturday...could be tempted...as I can't race the HPRW event (gotta be 40)

    Nundah Sunday...ah hadn't seen that one! That sounds alright, seeing as I can just trundle down the bikepath to get there without ever riding on the road, which is somehow very cool.

    Tour de Tamborine...is not at Tamborine...just Crestmead so I'll give that a miss.

    BTW we did a reconnaissance mission ride to the top of Mt Tamborine and back via Logan Village last Sunday. It was 150km there and back leaving from the Regatta citycat terminal. So if we still want to do a brissy BR how does that sound? It's a long ride but you can take it really easy. The climb up Tamborine Mountain Rd is 8km at around 6%, the rest is all flat. Takers?

    Adam

  6. Hey Tam,

    Nah - I'm out for this weekend. My last burst of family time before the
    end of my fortnight of holiday heaven...

    Had intended to do the Tamborine race, but I was enjoying doing family
    stuff too much on my holiday - so decided to ditch the bike (not
    totally, as you know!) for the fortnight.

    But I'll be well and truly back into it next week...

    Abby (trying to remember how to shave for work)

  7. ghostgum

    ghostgum New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Sorry, but after having read a number of your blog entries,
    I wouldn't be surprised if you did attempt all of them on
    the same weekend. :)

  8. LotteBum

    LotteBum New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2004
    Messages:
    1,138
    Tam wrote:

    Sunday arvo I'm hiking in Daisy, that should piss off the MTBers :D

    How so?

    Sat - Murarrie at the normal times - who will be there?

    Paulie might... I'm taking Cadence to puppy preschool, so I'm out for four weeks. Not that I ever had any fun doing those stupid crits anyway. What a waste of money.... oh, and CQ STILL haven't sent me my f*cking membership details.

  9. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    adam85 wrote:

    > Tamyka Bell Wrote:
    > > Haven't decided what to do with myself this weekend; might stay off the
    > > MTB one more week, seeing as I've got the half next weekend.
    > >
    > > Sunday arvo I'm hiking in Daisy, that should piss off the MTBers :D
    > >
    > > Sat - Murarrie at the normal times - who will be there?
    > >
    > > Sun - Tour of Tamborine - did anyone enter?
    > >
    > > Sun - Nundah crits on again, this time a morning event (see
    > > http://members.optusnet.com.au/vonberky/ for details) but C grade
    > > isn't
    > > until 0830 so that's a sleep in!
    > > Tam

    > Murrarie Saturday...could be tempted...as I can't race the HPRW event
    > (gotta be 40)
    >
    > Nundah Sunday...ah hadn't seen that one! That sounds alright, seeing as
    > I can just trundle down the bikepath to get there without ever riding on
    > the road, which is somehow very cool.

    I need a sleep-in ONE day! Maybe Monday... too much weekend cycling...

    Need to take my race bike out for a long ride, check it's all good, so
    was thinking of joining airport ride Sunday morning 0615 Park rd, then
    breakkie at Peleton Cycles afterwards.

    > Tour de Tamborine...is not at Tamborine...just Crestmead so I'll give
    > that a miss.

    I read that, it's pretty funny "Tour de Tamborine...new location at
    Crestmead!"

    > BTW we did a reconnaissance mission ride to the top of Mt Tamborine and
    > back via Logan Village last Sunday. It was 150km there and back leaving
    > from the Regatta citycat terminal. So if we still want to do a brissy
    > BR how does that sound? It's a long ride but you can take it really
    > easy. The climb up Tamborine Mountain Rd is 8km at around 6%, the rest
    > is all flat. Takers?

    Think I"ll pass til after Coomera...

  10. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    ghostgum wrote:

    > Tamyka Bell Wrote:
    > >
    > > Yes, this is my rest weekend, as detailed above... I didn't say I was
    > > doing them, just asking who was!
    > >

    > Sorry, but after having read a number of your blog entries,
    > I wouldn't be surprised if you did attempt all of them on
    > the same weekend. :)
    >
    > --
    > ghostgum

    Fair call. It's called race-specific training. The most specific you can
    get is racing. So I gave up all other training. :)

    Tam

  11. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    LotteBum wrote:

    > Tam wrote:
    >
    > Sunday arvo I'm hiking in Daisy, that should piss off the MTBers :D
    >
    > How so?

    I'll be in the way.

    > Sat - Murarrie at the normal times - who will be there?
    >
    > Paulie might... I'm taking Cadence to puppy preschool, so I'm out for
    > four weeks. Not that I ever had any fun doing those stupid crits
    > anyway. What a waste of money.... oh, and CQ STILL haven't sent me my
    > f*cking membership details.
    >
    > --
    > LotteBum

    I joined ages before you and haven't got my card yet.

  12. Marty

    Marty Guest

    Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > ghostgum wrote:
    >
    >>Tamyka Bell Wrote:
    >>
    >>>Yes, this is my rest weekend, as detailed above... I didn't say I was
    >>>doing them, just asking who was!
    >>>

    >>Sorry, but after having read a number of your blog entries,
    >>I wouldn't be surprised if you did attempt all of them on
    >>the same weekend. :)
    >>
    >>--
    >>ghostgum

    > Fair call. It's called race-specific training. The most specific you can
    > get is racing. So I gave up all other training. :)
    >
    > Tam

    Tam you should come and have a go at the race I'm organising for this
    weekend. 25 km hilly road bike, 15 km horse ride, 11km canoe, 1km swim,
    24 km mountain bike ride and 10 km run. And yes, there are people that
    do the whole lot as individuals (including me).

    Marty

  13. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    Marty wrote:

    > Tamyka Bell wrote:
    > > ghostgum wrote:

    > >>Sorry, but after having read a number of your blog entries,
    > >>I wouldn't be surprised if you did attempt all of them on
    > >>the same weekend. :)
    > >>
    > >>--
    > >>ghostgum

    > > Fair call. It's called race-specific training. The most specific you can
    > > get is racing. So I gave up all other training. :)
    > >
    > > Tam

    > Tam you should come and have a go at the race I'm organising for this
    > weekend. 25 km hilly road bike, 15 km horse ride, 11km canoe, 1km swim,
    > 24 km mountain bike ride and 10 km run. And yes, there are people that
    > do the whole lot as individuals (including me).
    >
    > Marty

    It sounds brilliant, but I have 2 concerns:

    (1) I'd have to borrow a horse.

    (2) I'd have to borrow money to get there.

    Tam

  14. Hey Adam!

    I'm up for it - so long as you remember my hill crapness and don't get
    frustrated and beat me up for being such a slow-coach... *grin*

    So long as this is maybe at least 2-3 weeks away, that'll give me a
    couple of weeks post-holiday to get the legs ready (and do a few
    million Mt Gravatt repeats) so that I don't hold you guys back too
    much.

    Cheers,
    Abby

  15. adam85

    adam85 New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2004
    Cool I'll let you know.

    I went down to the Nundah crit circuit on Sunday morning run by Kangaroo Point CC. Unfortunately not many riders turned up. A couple of A graders and a few B,C and juniors. Anyhow after waiting around for a few more riders to turn up we had a handicap race with about 12 riders. It was fun but hard work, I was on scratch with 2 other guys, we had to make up 2 1/2 laps in 30 minutes (I think it's a 2.1km lap). We got there in the end, but for the last part it was just me and one of the young KP riders doing the chasing, I led it out with 3/4 lap to go to drop the junior who was leading. Slowed down to force the other guy to make the first move from about 200m out, but I didn't have enough left to come over the top and he got it by a length.

    Good friendly racing, so if your looking to have a race on sunday morning come out and give it a go as they need the numbers.

    Anyone race at murarrie?

    Adam