BNE rides

Tamyka Bell

Guest
I lost count of the LA rides, but it's on again, this Friday... I
guess... with breakky after.

0530 Southbank side of the Goodwill Br, bring $2 for coffee or $$$ to
eat like a hungryTam does.

For those of you who can wag school, Kurt, J-No and I will be heading to
Gap Ck around 1.30/2pm Friday, so drop me a line...

Tam

PHP:
Tamyka Bell said:
For those of you who can wag school, Kurt, J-No and I will be heading to
Gap Ck around 1.30/2pm Friday, so drop me a line...

Tam
PHP:

the only thing I get to wag on Friday arv is a pen :(

Monster(keepin the wheels of commerce greased )Man

MM:
>the only thing I get to wag on Friday arv is a pen :(

Done with the pet, then?

Tamyka Bell said:
I lost count of the LA rides, but it's on again, this Friday... I
guess... with breakky after.

0530 Southbank side of the Goodwill Br, bring $2 for coffee or $$$ to
eat like a hungryTam does.

For those of you who can wag school, Kurt, J-No and I will be heading to
Gap Ck around 1.30/2pm Friday, so drop me a line...

Tam

I'm a definite maybe for tomorrow. If you (we) go via the southbank bikepath towards riverside drive past the museum works, watch out where the bypass is. There is mud everywhere combined with slippery steel plates. Saw one guy fall off there this morning and it wasn't a good look.

Adam

"adam85" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Tamyka Bell Wrote:
>> I lost count of the LA rides, but it's on again, this Friday... I
>> guess... with breakky after.
>>
>> 0530 Southbank side of the Goodwill Br, bring $2 for coffee or $$$ to
>> eat like a hungryTam does.
>>
>> For those of you who can wag school, Kurt, J-No and I will be heading
>> Gap Ck around 1.30/2pm Friday, so drop me a line...
>>
>> Tam

> I'm a definite maybe for tomorrow. If you (we) go via the southbank
> bikepath towards riverside drive past the museum works, watch out where
> the bypass is. There is mud everywhere combined with slippery steel
> plates. Saw one guy fall off there this morning and it wasn't a good
> look.
>
> Adam
>

> --
> adam85

Paul (Abby) did you read that? There are other people who fall on bike
paths, it's not just you.

retrograded (I'm making falling off an MTB an art)

adam85 wrote:

> Tamyka Bell Wrote:
> > I lost count of the LA rides, but it's on again, this Friday... I
> > guess... with breakky after.
> >
> > 0530 Southbank side of the Goodwill Br, bring $2 for coffee or $$$ to
> > eat like a hungryTam does.
> >
> > For those of you who can wag school, Kurt, J-No and I will be heading
> > Gap Ck around 1.30/2pm Friday, so drop me a line...
> >
> > Tam

> I'm a definite maybe for tomorrow. If you (we) go via the southbank
> bikepath towards riverside drive past the museum works, watch out where
> the bypass is. There is mud everywhere combined with slippery steel
> plates. Saw one guy fall off there this morning and it wasn't a good
> look.
>
> Adam

Sounds like a perfect excuse to stick to the roads.... William Jolly Br,
here we come...

Tam

retrograded wrote:

> "adam85" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Tamyka Bell Wrote:
> >> I lost count of the LA rides, but it's on again, this Friday... I
> >> guess... with breakky after.
> >>
> >> 0530 Southbank side of the Goodwill Br, bring $2 for coffee or $$$ to
> >> eat like a hungryTam does.
> >>
> >> For those of you who can wag school, Kurt, J-No and I will be heading
> >> Gap Ck around 1.30/2pm Friday, so drop me a line...
> >>
> >> Tam

> > I'm a definite maybe for tomorrow. If you (we) go via the southbank
> > bikepath towards riverside drive past the museum works, watch out where
> > the bypass is. There is mud everywhere combined with slippery steel
> > plates. Saw one guy fall off there this morning and it wasn't a good
> > look.
> >
> > Adam
> >

> > --
> > adam85
> >

> Paul (Abby) did you read that? There are other people who fall on bike
> paths, it's not just you.
>
> retrograded (I'm making falling off an MTB an art)

Hey, I fell off on a bike path once! Oh that's right, it's because I was
trying to avoid Abby, who had fallen a couple of metres front of me.

As for you "making falling off an MTB an art" - I reckon Monsterman did
that (from all reports) - and I reckon if you've made it an art, I've
taken it to the people, made it an everyday thing...

Tam

I believe this is actually LA(10) - so as we crack into double-figures,
a good turn-out is indeed required!!!!!!

So we'll be looking forward to seeing:
Tam
Lottebum
Paulie-au
Donga
monsterman
MacGyver (err, I mean Andrew) :)
adam85
retrograded
Abby
+ assorted non-a.b'ers, and also anyone who I inevitably missed........

Come on doods - 10 is a milestone!! And remember that awesome bacon,
egg & swiss cheese on turkish sanger at the end, accompanied with a
trillion $2 flat whites...

Cheers,
Abby (caffeinated)

PHP:
Absent Husband said:
I believe this is actually LA(10) - so as we crack into double-figures,
a good turn-out is indeed required!!!!!!

So we'll be looking forward to seeing:
Tam
Lottebum
Paulie-au
Donga
monsterman
MacGyver (err, I mean Andrew) :)
adam85
retrograded
Abby
+ assorted non-a.b'ers, and also anyone who I inevitably missed........

Come on doods - 10 is a milestone!! And remember that awesome bacon,
egg & swiss cheese on turkish sanger at the end, accompanied with a
trillion $2 flat whites...

Cheers,
Abby (caffeinated)
PHP:

Ribs held together by leukoplast and lycra:eek: , suppurating flesh wounds:eek: :eek: , 4 hours sleep and a half decent hangover:cool: . None of these things stopped me from riding this morning. I was joined by the other local hardmen - Adam85, Pete (you know, big Pete from Daisy Hill last Sunday) and newcomer Sebastian.

Without the bedridden, doonah-hugging, 'fraid of the dark softies, the pace was scorching today. Warmed up at 46-49kph along Coro drive, did an 8-lap ITT around the Uni crit circuit, paceline formation for the balance (with Sebastian doing some monster-truck sized turns on the front) and the computer says average pace of 35.2 kph for the entire ride. We drafted a bus along the corso at 70kph (ran out of gears and road), sprinted up the cemetery hill (in the 53-15) and passed traffic all the way up Gladstone Rd. Did 2 hill efforts back up Dornoch as we were all still feeling quite strong. Rounded it off with sprints along riverside drive. It was an absolute smashathon. I'm going home to bed (just cos I want to know what it feels like to be soft);) .

PS - This post is complete bullsh*t except that the 4 of us named above turned up, we rode the river anticlockwise, and I was hungover. It was great to put a face to Adam85 and to meet Sebastian. Coffee at merlos was good too. Nice way to start the day and sweat a hangover out.

monsterman said:
PHP:
[...]

Nice one! But we weren't the only aus.bicycle riders. We were passed by a group of trolls (well that's what it said on their jerseys). We didn't say anything though, they were just trying to get a response out of us. I think it was the Roger Bratton training ride.

MM
I enjoyed my sleep-in. Thanks for filling me in on what I missed. I
wouldn't have changed a thing!
Donga

Bed was fantastic this morning.

Who is racing at murrarie with me tomorrow. Due to my lack of fitness I have been busted down to Cat 2 Div 2, and the lungs have been burning. I believe this could be a result of my attitude to morning riding as described above :D

Paulie-AU wrote:

> Bed was fantastic this morning.
>
> Who is racing at murrarie with me tomorrow. Due to my lack of fitness
> I have been busted down to Cat 2 Div 2, and the lungs have been
> burning. I believe this could be a result of my attitude to morning
> riding as described above :D
>
> --
> Paulie-AU

Bed was fantastic eh? *snigger* That's not what LotteBum said...

I had a doc appt this morning, got a blood test and stuff. Will maybe
MTB this arvo, only Kurt now says tomorrow is better so we might be
changing. If we don't change, I might join you tomorrow, or I might just
sleep.

Tam

adam85 wrote:

> Absent Husband Wrote:
> > Come on doods - 10 is a milestone!!
> >

> So what happened Abby? Fall off the bikepath again? :)
>
> Adam

He forgot to set his alarm.

Oops.

Tam

PHP:
> So what happened Abby? Fall off the bikepath again? :)
>
> Adam

He forgot to set his alarm.

Oops.

Tam[/QUOTE]
PHP:

........but alarms are so people don't forget??:rolleyes:

Paulie-AU said:
Bed was fantastic this morning.

Who is racing at murrarie with me tomorrow. Due to my lack of fitness I have been busted down to Cat 2 Div 2, and the lungs have been burning. I believe this could be a result of my attitude to morning riding as described above :D

Who busted you? You did? :) I'll do it if you promise to race Cat1 ya big woose!

adam85 said:
Who busted you? You did? :) I'll do it if you promise to race Cat1 ya big woose!
The main man there (name?) busted me back. I hadnt raced since Oct last year when I was finding cat2 pretty comfy and showed up a couple of weeks ago to rejoin and start racing again. When he asked how many k's I had been riding at the time I told him the truth (about 80 since Xmas) plus I am 10kg heavier :( . I ended up getting dropped :eek: (after a second in the preem.....I had enough legs but not the lungs it seems). Last week I got a front flat at the 30min mark and was feeling pretty good.

I am hoping to do better this week and mabye get into Cat 2 Div 1 asap. I would love to have the fitness to be able to hold on in Cat 1 by the end of the year. So Cat 1 is my goal but I haven't a chance at the moment.

Also, Adam are you still going on Sat morning bunch rides like last year? I am thinking of racing one week and doing the bunch ride the other. I am also thinking of going on the Balmoral bunch ride during the week for some extra training but will have to check my dedication :confused: .

Paulie-AU said:
[...]

No worries, it won't take you long to get it back.

Saturdays bunch rides - racing in summer is in the mornings for me, but we've swapped to arvos for winter so yeah probably do a few - maybe even tomorrow as a warm up for sunday's race.

Adam

Ooh, ooh, here I am.......

I did in fact set the alarm - but I totally missed it. (it sits under
my pillow so it doesn't wake the missus - but obviously it didn't wake
me either....) :rollseyes:

Got up anyway at about 0510. Roamed about the house aimlessly for a
while feeling cranky, then kitted up and went for a meandering ride.
Eventually lobbed in at Peloton at around 0715 just in case the LA gang
had made it thus far, but no-one was there....... But that didn't stop
me from supping on the usual bacon & egg burger and strong flat white
(or two)...

I'll be at Murarrie tomorrow morning - probably down in Cat 2 with
Paulie-au.......

Have a good weekend all!!
Abby