BNE: Toowong Roundabout cyclist/pedestrian crossing

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by retrograded, Nov 8, 2006.

  1. retrograded

    retrograded New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2005

  2. Donga

    Donga Guest

    retrograded wrote:
    > Information on the proposed overpass/underpass options can be found
    > here:
    > http://tinyurl.com/vx4xd?
    >

    > --
    > retrograded

    The link doesn't seem to work, retro.

    Donga

  3. retrograded

    retrograded New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 12, 2005
    D'oh! http://tinyurl.com/vx4xd

  4. retrograded wrote:
    > Donga Wrote:
    >> retrograded wrote:
    >>> Information on the proposed overpass/underpass options can be found
    >>> here:
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/vx4xd?
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> retrograded

    >> The link doesn't seem to work, retro.
    >>
    >> Donga

    > D'oh! *http://tinyurl.com/vx4xd*

    Worked for me, but here's the full URL:

    http://www.mainroads.qld.gov.au/MRW...6a42001c8f4f/47a0340ebdbd14ee4a2572110024be14

    which may not work either as it's so long it'll wrap ....

    --
    Karen

    "Reverse the polarity and invert the particle flux!"
    "You mean put the batteries in the other way?"
    "...yes."
    -Star Trek (any of them)

  5. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    FWIW....

    $4m??? Breaking News. Brisbane to get Australlia's first gold-plated bridge or tunnel. :D

    and presumably the costs of the 2 differ (may be worth asking. perhaps if the cheaper one is preffered by the majority on grounds other than price you could ask what the difference is to be spent on?).

    The box-culvert tunnel option would be enhanced if they can have the openings more, well... 'open'.
    Funnelling the approach cuts down the visibility and light.

    The path alignments on the tunnel option leaving/approaching the tunnel on both sides smacks a bit of 'landscape designer' too.
    Nothing like a mindlessly curving path to boost the 'serenity', huh?