Boar's Head vs Carnegie Deli

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Ranee Mueller, Mar 9, 2006.

  1. How do their pastramis compare? Local grocery has Boar's Head
    pastrami on sale for about the same price as the Costco pack of Carnegie
    Deli stuff, but I can buy a half a pound or whatever rather than the
    whole thing. Is one significantly better in quality (taste is
    subjective I know, but fat to lean ratio, etc)?

    Regards,
    Ranee

    Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

    http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/

  2. Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

    aem wrote:
    > Ranee Mueller wrote:
    > > How do their pastramis compare? Local grocery has Boar's Head
    > > pastrami on sale for about the same price as the Costco pack of Carnegie
    > > Deli stuff, but I can buy a half a pound or whatever rather than the
    > > whole thing. Is one significantly better in quality (taste is
    > > subjective I know, but fat to lean ratio, etc)?

    > I think they're both pretty good, certainly good enough to enjoy. So
    > I'd just buy whichever was closest to hand at the moment I got the urge
    > for it.

    Apple/Oranges

    Kosher style pastrami is a whole different product from Boar's head
    pastrami... not even the same cut of meat.

    Sheldon