Bob Roll - Heart of American Bicycle Racing

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Without Bob Roll and his color what would American bicycle TV commentary
> be?
>
> http://www.esquire.com/the-side/opinion/bobroll070907
>
> Esquire seems to have gotten it right last year.
>
> Just looking at Bobke on TV gives me a better feeling about the stinking
> coverage TV is willing to give bicycle racing.

By the way - anyone that hasn't seen Bobke's commercial can see it on that
Esquire site. Be ready to laugh pretty loudly.

On Apr 15, 7:58 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in messagenews:[email protected]...
>
> > Without Bob Roll and his color what would American bicycle TV commentary
> > be?

> >http://www.esquire.com/the-side/opinion/bobroll070907

> > Esquire seems to have gotten it right last year.

> > Just looking at Bobke on TV gives me a better feeling about the stinking
> > coverage TV is willing to give bicycle racing.

> By the way - anyone that hasn't seen Bobke's commercial can see it on that
> Esquire site. Be ready to laugh pretty loudly.

Yes I like Bob Roll too. A very entertaining person and a true man of
the road. But I don't follow the link. I don't watch commercial on
purpose and I question the judgement of this Tom person.

Credo

[email protected] wrote:
> On Apr 15, 7:58 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>>> Without Bob Roll and his color what would American bicycle TV commentary
>>> be?
>>> http://www.esquire.com/the-side/opinion/bobroll070907
>>> Esquire seems to have gotten it right last year.
>>> Just looking at Bobke on TV gives me a better feeling about the stinking
>>> coverage TV is willing to give bicycle racing.

>> By the way - anyone that hasn't seen Bobke's commercial can see it on that
>> Esquire site. Be ready to laugh pretty loudly.

> Yes I like Bob Roll too. A very entertaining person and a true man of
> the road. But I don't follow the link. I don't watch commercial on
> purpose and I question the judgement of this Tom person.

It's a nice enough article. Try the print version without ads:
http://www.esquire.com/print-this/opinion/bobroll070907

<[email protected]> wrote in message

> I don't follow the link. I don't watch commercial on
> purpose and I question the judgement of this Tom person.

So let me get this straight - you didn't watch it AND you're questioning my
judgment? Obviously I have to wonder from what point of view you're
criticizing.

On Apr 16, 7:10 am, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > I don't follow the link. I don't watch commercial on
> > purpose and I question the judgement of this Tom person.

> So let me get this straight - you didn't watch it AND you're questioning my
> judgment? Obviously I have to wonder from what point of view you're
> criticizing.

I watched it and did think "Hey... I'm deliberately watching a
commercial...weird." However, it IS a bike commercial, and it's a
perfect example of Bob Roll's brand of humor, so thanks for pointing
it out.
-Paul

<[email protected]> wrote in message
>> But I don't follow the link. I don't watch commercial on
>>purpose

You can meet a lot of hot chicks on commercials.

I remember the Kokanee Beer add with those three
hotties wearing the little white bikinis while they
were snow boarding down the mountain.

On Apr 16, 11:33 am, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" <[email protected]> wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >> But I don't follow the link. I don't watch commercial on
> >>purpose

> You can meet a lot of hot chicks on commercials.

It is in the human female nature to advertise.

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
> It is in the human female nature to advertise.

And all us suckers keep falling for it.

Tom Kunich wrote:
> Without Bob Roll and his color what would American bicycle TV commentary
> be?
>
> http://www.esquire.com/the-side/opinion/bobroll070907
>
> Esquire seems to have gotten it right last year.
>
> Just looking at Bobke on TV gives me a better feeling about the stinking
> coverage TV is willing to give bicycle racing.

Bob Roll causes global warming.

In article <[email protected]>,
Fred Fredburger <[email protected]> wrote:

> Tom Kunich wrote:
> > Without Bob Roll and his color what would American bicycle TV commentary
> > be?
> >
> > http://www.esquire.com/the-side/opinion/bobroll070907
> >
> > Esquire seems to have gotten it right last year.
> >
> > Just looking at Bobke on TV gives me a better feeling about the stinking
> > coverage TV is willing to give bicycle racing.
> >

> Bob Roll causes global warming.

I knew there was a reason I liked him so much!

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Fred Fredburger <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Tom Kunich wrote:
>>> Without Bob Roll and his color what would American bicycle TV commentary
>>> be?
>>>
>>> http://www.esquire.com/the-side/opinion/bobroll070907
>>>
>>> Esquire seems to have gotten it right last year.
>>>
>>> Just looking at Bobke on TV gives me a better feeling about the stinking
>>> coverage TV is willing to give bicycle racing.
>>>

>> Bob Roll causes global warming.

> I knew there was a reason I liked him so much!

You're an evil, evil man.

In article <[email protected]>,
Fred Fredburger <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Fred Fredburger <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Bob Roll causes global warming.

> > I knew there was a reason I liked him so much!

> You're an evil, evil man.

No, I'm Canadian. Have you heard of it? We watch American television.

I seem much nicer after a drink,

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> Fred Fredburger <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Ryan Cousineau wrote:

>>> I knew there was a reason I liked him so much!

>> You're an evil, evil man.

> No, I'm Canadian. Have you heard of it?

I don't care. Anyone who encourages Bob Roll to produce more greenhouse
gases is evil!

>We watch American television.

Don't pretend to be normal with ME! I've been to Canada. I saw the most
BIZARRE thing ever in Victoria B.C. Absolutely inexplicable.

http://beeblebrox.endoftheinternet.org/Munros.JPG

What is the meaning of this? If it'd been a liquor store, or even an
ice cream parlor, I could get my brain around it. But this?!?

> I seem much nicer after a drink,

I seem much nicer when I'm catatonic.

On Apr 16, 4:17 am, Ted van de Weteringe
<[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> >> By the way - anyone that hasn't seen Bobke's commercial can see it on that
> >> Esquire site. Be ready to laugh pretty loudly.

> > Yes I like Bob Roll too. A very entertaining person and a true man of
> > the road. But I don't follow the link. I don't watch commercial on
> > purpose and I question the judgement of this Tom person.

> It's a nice enough article. Try the print version without ads:
> http://www.esquire.com/print-this/opinion/bobroll070907

It's a perceptive article. But Bob Roll is not the
heart of American bicycle racing. Bob Leibold is
the heart of American bicycle racing. Kurgan will
back me up on this.

Ben

In article <[email protected]>,
Fred Fredburger <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > Fred Fredburger <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> You're an evil, evil man.

> > No, I'm Canadian. Have you heard of it?

> I don't care. Anyone who encourages Bob Roll to produce more greenhouse
> gases is evil!
>
> >We watch American television.

> Don't pretend to be normal with ME! I've been to Canada. I saw the most
> BIZARRE thing ever in Victoria B.C. Absolutely inexplicable.
>
> http://beeblebrox.endoftheinternet.org/Munros.JPG
>
> What is the meaning of this? If it'd been a liquor store, or even an
> ice cream parlor, I could get my brain around it. But this?!?

Victoria is a wonderful, terrible place. They have their own velodrome,
you know?

On Apr 16, 1:37 pm, Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:
> SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
>
> > It is in the human female nature to advertise.

> And all us suckers keep falling for it.

_Little T A_ -- Rolling Stones
She's my little rock and roll, ah, ah, ah, ah
Oh, oh, she's my little rock and roll, baby

The heat's raiding, tracks are fading
Joint's rocking, could be anytime at all
But the ***** keeps *****ing, the snitcher keeps snitching
Dropping names and telephone number and all, ah

She's my little rock and roll, ah, ah, ah
Oh, oh, she's my little rock and roll, ah, ah, ah

Scars healing, the dealers squealing
The pool's in but the patio ain't dry
Well the sense is sensing that the juice keeps pumping
And I know why

She's my little rock and roll, ah, ah, ah
My tits and ass with soul, baby
She's my little rock and roll, ah, ah, ah,
Oh, oh, she's my little rock and roll, ah
You got to shock them, show them
She's my little rock and roll, yeah
Shock, shock, shock, my, my, my

Well the sense is sensing that the juice keeps pumping
And I know why
But the ***** keeps *****ing, the snitcher keeps snitching
Dropping names and telephone number and all but said all

She's my little rock and roll, ah, ah, ah
My tits and ass with soul, baby
She's my little rock and roll, yeah
Got to shock them, show them
She's my little rock and roll, ah, ah, ah
She's got a feeling to know, baby
She's my little rock and roll
Ahhh, the little ***** got soul
She's my little rock and roll ah,