@%!#$ Bob Roll

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Mike S., May 15, 2003.

  1. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    I really wish he'd learn how to speak! All those run-on sentences are really getting on my
    %#$% nerves.

    Yeah, I know he knows a lot about racing, etc. but every time he opens his mouth, I'm tempted to
    mute the TV. I don't want to miss Phil and Paul, so I don't.

    Mike

    Tags:

  2. Mike Krueger

    Mike Krueger Guest

    << I really wish he'd learn how to speak! All those run-on sentences are really getting on my %#$%
    nerves. Yeah, I know he knows a lot about racing, etc. but every time he opens his mouth, I'm
    tempted to mute the TV. I don't want to miss Phil and Paul, so I don't. Mike >>

    Roll's improved a lot as a commentator over the last couple of years. His enthusiasm is refreshing.
    I think Phil Liggett's the one that's starting to sound a little tired.

  3. Magni

    Magni Guest

    So far the best part of the coverage has been Bob Roll's commercials. Love the Gino Bartali
    impersonation.

    "Mike Krueger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > << I really wish he'd learn how to speak! All those run-on sentences are really getting on my %#$%
    > nerves. Yeah, I know he knows a lot about racing, etc. but every time he opens his mouth, I'm
    > tempted to mute the TV. I don't want to miss Phil and Paul, so
    > don't. Mike >>
    >
    > Roll's improved a lot as a commentator over the last couple of years. His enthusiasm is
    > refreshing. I think Phil Liggett's the one that's starting
    > sound a little tired.

  4. Rboater

    Rboater Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Mike S." <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I really wish he'd learn how to speak! All those run-on sentences are really getting on my
    > %#$% nerves.
    >
    > Yeah, I know he knows a lot about racing, etc. but every time he opens his mouth, I'm tempted to
    > mute the TV. I don't want to miss Phil and Paul, so I don't.
    >
    > Mike

    I'll take Bob over Adrian Karstens any day.

  5. Todd Kuzma

    Todd Kuzma Guest

  6. Bob Roll rocks. He talks like Tyler rides: his performance is a little dodgy, he is understated, but
    he can deliver the goods. And he is funny.

    His Faulknerian delivery does go on a bit too long, sometimes.

    Morgan

  7. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "rboater" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]3.net.. .
    > In article <[email protected]>, "Mike S." <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > I really wish he'd learn how to speak! All those run-on sentences are really getting on my %#$%
    > > nerves.
    > >
    > > Yeah, I know he knows a lot about racing, etc. but every time he opens
    his
    > > mouth, I'm tempted to mute the TV. I don't want to miss Phil and Paul,
    so I
    > > don't.
    > >
    > > Mike
    >
    > I'll take Bob over Adrian Karstens any day.

    Got me there. At least Bob is a cyclist.

    Mike

  8. In article <[email protected]>, "Mike S." <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I really wish he'd learn how to speak! All those run-on sentences are really getting on my
    > %#$% nerves.
    >
    > Yeah, I know he knows a lot about racing, etc. but every time he opens his mouth, I'm tempted to
    > mute the TV. I don't want to miss Phil and Paul, so I don't.
    >
    > Mike

    Quiet down, fool.

  9. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    When you put it that way,

    "AMEN!"

  10. "Mike S." wrote:

    > I really wish he'd learn how to speak! All those run-on sentences are really getting on my
    > %#$% nerves.
    >
    > Yeah, I know he knows a lot about racing, etc. but every time he opens his mouth, I'm tempted to
    > mute the TV. I don't want to miss Phil and Paul, so I don't.

    i don't know why, but bob roll reminds me of a big happy dog (some kind of retriever or herding
    dog?), so it's hard for me to feel @%!#$ at his run-on sentences.

    heather

  11. heather halvorson wrote:

    > i don't know why, but bob roll reminds me of a big happy dog

    btw, i have 3 dogs, so that was meant as a good thing. h

  12. Hawke

    Hawke Guest

    "heather halvorson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > heather halvorson wrote:
    > >

    > > i don't know why, but bob roll reminds me of a big happy dog
    >
    > btw, i have 3 dogs, so that was meant as a good thing. h

    Ya just gotta love Bob Roll and Heather!

    Hawke

  13. Nev Shea

    Nev Shea Guest

    heather halvorson <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > i don't know why, but bob roll reminds me of a big happy dog (some kind of retriever or herding
    > dog?), so it's hard for me to feel @%!#$ at his run-on sentences.

    yeah -- the dog analogy makes sense, though it might be because I expect to see him drooling or
    sniffing Phil's ass. And he isn't quite so annoying during this Giro so far as he has been in the
    past -- maybe they are keeping a tight leash on him.

    And I don't think they are run on sentences -- more like half-completed thoughts. Just when you
    think he is about to say something interesting he shifts to another topic, and babbles on and on,
    sprinkling in worn-out cliches, and ends up saying nothing at all.

    I think they ought to dump him and get a cute skirt in there so it won't be such a sausage fest. I
    nominate Heather for the job.

    NS

  14. Joe

    Joe Guest

    "Mike S." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I really wish he'd learn how to speak! All those run-on sentences are really getting on my
    > %#$% nerves.
    >
    > Yeah, I know he knows a lot about racing, etc. but every time he opens his mouth, I'm tempted to
    > mute the TV. I don't want to miss Phil and Paul, so I don't.
    >
    > Mike

    Roll is da man, Liggett is great but Bob keeps it real!

  15. Mike Wright

    Mike Wright Guest

    On Fri, 16 May 2003 01:47:01 GMT, Nev Shea <[email protected]> wrote:

    >heather halvorson <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> i don't know why, but bob roll reminds me of a big happy dog (some kind of retriever or herding
    >> dog?), so it's hard for me to feel @%!#$ at his run-on sentences.
    >
    >yeah -- the dog analogy makes sense, though it might be because I expect to see him drooling or
    >sniffing Phil's ass. And he isn't quite so annoying during this Giro so far as he has been in the
    >past -- maybe they are keeping a tight leash on him.
    >
    >And I don't think they are run on sentences -- more like half-completed thoughts. Just when you
    >think he is about to say something interesting he shifts to another topic, and babbles on and on,
    >sprinkling in worn-out cliches, and ends up saying nothing at all.
    >
    >I think they ought to dump him and get a cute skirt in there so it won't be such a sausage fest. I
    >nominate Heather for the job.

    I remember years ago when the only US coverage was a few minutes once a week on CBS Sports Sunday.
    Bob is fine, Phil is great, Paul is great. This is such an embarassment of riches compared to
    years gone by!

  16. Bret Wade

    Bret Wade Guest

    Morgan Fletcher wrote:
    > Bob Roll rocks. He talks like Tyler rides: his performance is a little dodgy, he is understated,
    > but he can deliver the goods. And he is funny.
    >
    > His Faulknerian delivery does go on a bit too long, sometimes.
    >
    > Morgan

    You're being over analytical. Just seeing Bob Roll sitting at the summer sportzone desk with that
    silly grin on his face puts me in a good mood.

    Bret

  17. Mike S.

    Mike S. Guest

    "Bret Wade" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Morgan Fletcher wrote:
    > > Bob Roll rocks. He talks like Tyler rides: his performance is a little dodgy, he is understated,
    > > but he can deliver the goods. And he is funny.
    > >
    > > His Faulknerian delivery does go on a bit too long, sometimes.
    > >
    > > Morgan
    >
    > You're being over analytical. Just seeing Bob Roll sitting at the summer sportzone desk with that
    > silly grin on his face puts me in a good mood.
    >
    > Bret

    I'm watching Summer Sports Zone right now. Bob's a lot better when he doesn't have to comment
    "live." I suspect that's where the problem lies: he gets exited to be able to talk on the TV live,
    and talks onandonandonand...

    Mike

  18. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    "Mike S." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I really wish he'd learn how to speak! All those run-on sentences are really getting on my
    > %#$% nerves.
    >
    > Yeah, I know he knows a lot about racing, etc. but every time he opens his mouth, I'm tempted to
    > mute the TV.

    If you gagged him, the newspaper headline would read "Roll, tied."

  19. Nev Shea wrote:

    > I think they ought to dump him and get a cute skirt in there so it won't be such a sausage fest. I
    > nominate Heather for the job.

    no way! i've been mistaken for a boy in rl and for a small child over

    not for me.

    isn't there sometimes a woman with a nice voice commenting on some of the races oln shows?