Bob Stapleton & Andreas Kloden: Quotes to die for!

Doctor.House

Jun 14, 2007
Before the July 2007 TDF kicked off these two celebrities were featured in media shill designed to promote a 'clean' so-called event.

Both Stapleton & Kloden are bound together by a common underwriter, T-Mobile, a firm with an decade long history of funding doping.

In July 9th, vol 36/#13 Velonews the cover caption read: "The man who can save pro cycling" T-Mobile boss Bob Stapleton. Inside it read, "Clean -up man"

Bob said: "Doping is a slippery slope. Once you're in it, you're a part of it, and you have to lie or your career will be over. It's a cycle of fear."

We agree Bob---so why the surprise/angst when Patrik Sinkewitz went positive for testosterone at 85:1? Roid Landis was 11:1 after a four hour TT effort.

also Stapleton said: "These guys are exposed to doping early: at age 16 or 17. They know a lot about the reality of the sport.

We all agree Bob, so why the ongoing PR pretext?

Astana uniformed, T-Mobile alum Kloden:
In Pro Cycling: Andeas Kloden was quoted as saying; "For years, cycling has had the best anti-doping system of any sport--I'd bet my shirt on it"

His shirt (dirty laundry)---but he won't bet his own life, not ever.

Kloden also said: "I'm focused on July and I know what to do to be on form at the Tour" We bet you do. Please say hello to Michele Ferrari for us.

and; "It sucks that the 2006 Tour winner tested positive after the event, but that is a matter for the courts" To bad courts have no such legal jurisdiction
Andy.

When asked how many times he was tested in 2007: (tested for what we do not know) he answered:

"Three times out of competition---once by each of the aforementioned federations--as well as checks at races. The most recent out-of-competition test was on Sunday evening, when I was having a barbecue with my family. It's a pain to be tested in such situations, but it's necessary."

Really Andy, why??? For public relations pretext? Michael Rasmussen prefers to go AWOL even with still undetectable cow blood. Now that's more telling.

No reason to trust these two characters whatsoever. They must promote doping and results else they get sacked.

cmon doctor, I am disappointed. I thought youd have something better up your sleeve. you said these comments by kloden were self incriminating but really aren't suspicious in the least. if you really wanted to make your point you would have quoted andreas regarding matthias' recent positive test. he said:

"I can't explain it," he told Bild. "Matze can't be so stupid as to dope before a race he wants to win. The value was so high that it would still have been detectable at the winner's test after the race."

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/13072007/58/tour-de-france-astana-show-kessler-door.html

Klodifan said:
cmon doctor, I am disappointed. I thought youd have something better up your sleeve. you said these comments by kloden were self incriminating but really aren't suspicious in the least. if you really wanted to make your point you would have quoted andreas regarding matthias' recent positive test. he said:

"I can't explain it," he told Bild. "Matze can't be so stupid as to dope before a race he wants to win. The value was so high that it would still have been detectable at the winner's test after the race."

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/13072007/58/tour-de-france-astana-show-kessler-door.html
Gotta have a goat, eh? USPO had Benoit Joachim---and they quietly rehired him six months later too. All silly pretense.
(btw: They dope every single day--not just the night before a race)

Plenty more idiotic Kloden and Stapleton quotes. I advise you not to read them as it will distrub you more than the Vino's/Ferrari dossiers.

btw: Ferrari did redoubled his efforts for Saturday as I predicted.

Lance fans unite:

Where there is smoke, and lots of people standing around talking about the smoke, there cannot possibly be a fire! Only jealous rumors.

If you suspend logic, absurdity become peaceful.

Kloden is clean??????????????? The Easter Bunny is my special friend.

Doctor,

Just like you, most of us on this forum have read "Breaking the Chain" and "From Lance to Landis" etc. You aren't telling us anything new.

So I ask what is the point of these posts?

Doctor.House said:
Lance fans unite:

Where there is smoke, and lots of people standing around talking about the smoke, there cannot possibly be a fire! Only jealous rumors.
On the other hand, if those people are talking about the same smoke for years on end they are either:

A. Babbeling morons.
B. People with oppressively dull lives.
C. People driving an agenda.

Which of those covers you?

I for one think cow blood is quite safe, effective and should not be illegal. Afther reading the good doctor's posts on this product, I noticed a rather "striking coincidence" with my result from my last club race and my inadvertent use of cow blood.

The night before my last club race, I along with my girlfriend who I routinely use to help me enhance my performance, went out and had a steak dinner. I ordered a New York strip loin, medium rare. I noticed that when I was cutting the steak close to the centre, there was a small amount of cow blood dripping on to the plate. I nonetheless ate the rest of the steak. The next day, I proceeded to place 6th.

Having read some of the doctor's posts on this forum, I decided to test the use of cow blood once again. This time I consulted an expert on the matter. My local butcher said that I would achieve best results by purchasing the AAA grade product. He also mentioned that I want something with a bone. So I selected the AAA grade rib eye steak. Again grilled medium rare with just the right amount of cow blood dripping on to my plate.

The next day, I went on a 100km group ride on a hilly course. Much to my surprise I found myself at the front for almost the entire ride and not feeling much difficulty doing my share of pulls. I also noticed that I can now climb hills in my 53 chainring.

This weekend, I wanted to test myself again and see what would happen if I didn't use the cow blood. I had another club race scheduled for sunday morning. Instead of the cow blood treatments I've been using. I decided to use the carbo loading method instead. My selection was the linquini with grilled chicken and pesto sauce. I figured, eating chicken would make me climb like Michael Rasmussen.

Unfortunately, this did not work. I blew big time on the 3rd lap and had to limp my way to the finish in the grupetto.

Hence... cow blood is not only effective, it is safe and also quite tasty!

Tubbs said:
I for one think cow blood is quite safe, effective and should not be illegal. Afther reading the good doctor's posts on this product, I noticed a rather "striking coincidence" with my result from my last club race and my inadvertent use of cow blood.

The night before my last club race, I along with my girlfriend who I routinely use to help me enhance my performance, went out and had a steak dinner. I ordered a New York strip loin, medium rare. I noticed that when I was cutting the steak close to the centre, there was a small amount of cow blood dripping on to the plate. I nonetheless ate the rest of the steak. The next day, I proceeded to place 6th.

Having read some of the doctor's posts on this forum, I decided to test the use of cow blood once again. This time I consulted an expert on the matter. My local butcher said that I would achieve best results by purchasing the AAA grade product. He also mentioned that I want something with a bone. So I selected the AAA grade rib eye steak. Again grilled medium rare with just the right amount of cow blood dripping on to my plate.

The next day, I went on a 100km group ride on a hilly course. Much to my surprise I found myself at the front for almost the entire ride and not feeling much difficulty doing my share of pulls. I also noticed that I can now climb hills in my 53 chainring.

This weekend, I wanted to test myself again and see what would happen if I didn't use the cow blood. I had another club race scheduled for sunday morning. Instead of the cow blood treatments I've been using. I decided to use the carbo loading method instead. My selection was the linquini with grilled chicken and pesto sauce. I figured, eating chicken would make me climb like Michael Rasmussen.

Unfortunately, this did not work. I blew big time on the 3rd lap and had to limp my way to the finish in the grupetto.

Hence... cow blood is not only effective, it is safe and also quite tasty!
I do not believe that this is how it works - cow blood in your stomach means you digest the cow blood. My understanding is that it has to be injected into the blood stream to get the advantage out of the hemoglobins (furthermore, what athletes use is just pure hemoglobins).

I believe you are just getting a nutritional benifit here.

In Pro Cycling: Andeas Kloden was quoted as saying; "For years, cycling has had the best anti-doping system of any sport--I'd bet my shirt on it"
Ever heard of the term "figure of speech"?
"I'd bet my shirt" means I'd bet all the way down to the shirt on my back. In the same light as "nothing left but the shirt on my back"
Figure of speech!

but he won't bet his own life, not ever.
Would you? You hide behind a pseudonym of a TV character who ironically has a drug addiction.

Come to think of it, haven't you said riders do bet there lives? You say all pro riders dope and there will be a death amongst the ranks as a result of said doping practises?????

When asked how many times he was tested in 2007: (tested for what we do not know) he answered:
Generic answer.
Tested for performance enhancing drugs, as per UCI/Wada (or whomever wrote the parameters) anti doping rules. Deeerrrr!!!!!!!
It wasn't a maths test.

and; "It sucks that the 2006 Tour winner tested positive after the event, but that is a matter for the courts" To bad courts have no such legal jurisdiction
Sounds pretty straight forward, It does suck that the winner of the tour tested positive, it hurts all forms of cycling as a sport. The courts/hearing are the ones in this case deciding what the ruling is. Didn't you hear? Landis didn't accept it and took his case to a hearing, it was in all the papers.

It's a pain to be tested in such situations, but it's necessary.
Simple, be a little realistic.
Your having a quite bbq with your family and get interupted for a work related issue. Of course you do as required it's a part of your job, that doesn't make it any less a pain.

You have job (yeah yeah, I'm making a wild assumption), the profession is corporate trouble maker. Your at home in the early evening having dinner with your wife & kids. Theres a knock at the door, it's a company representative, he says quick Dr.H come directly with me, do not pass 'go'. You must quickly cause dissension, people are unaware the world is flat. It's imperative you tell them right now!!!
You reply, aww come onnn.... I'm in the middle of dinner with my family, why couldn't you have come an hour later? Alright, what a pain in the butt.

Bob said: "Doping is a slippery slope. Once you're in it, you're a part of it, and you have to lie or your career will be over. It's a cycle of fear."
We agree Bob---so why the surprise/angst.....

I would see that as a factual statement relating to all forms of life.
Drugs are no good, simple as that.
Ever had a co-worker/employee, a good worker, nice person etc. etc. and then later were surprised when you learnt they had drug issues? I'm sure that happens all the time in all forms of life.

As Klodifan says, I'm surprised at you.
Reaching for inuendo's in everyday conversational pieces. You must be getting tired, with so much cycling on at the moment or maybe the new material just isn't as good as the old days.

Trev_S said:
Don't worry Julian, Tubbs is just being silly :D
I have done some further research and have refined my process. The secret is in selecting the proper cut and quality. I recommend AAA grade rib eye.

Furthermore, you must prepare it properly, otherwise it will not be as satisfying and effective. I recommend using Worcestershire as a marinade. You then prepere you grill by heating it on high heat. At least 500 degrees... the hotter the better. This process will sear the rib eye and seal the precious cow blood within the meat.

Do NOT leave the meat on the grill for too long. You will lose the cow blood.

:D

Julian G. said:
I do not believe that this is how it works - cow blood in your stomach means you digest the cow blood. My understanding is that it has to be injected into the blood stream to get the advantage out of the hemoglobins (furthermore, what athletes use is just pure hemoglobins).

I believe you are just getting a nutritional benifit here.
:D fish on!