Bob Trailers?

Brian Sculac

Guest
Anyone use these on an extensive ride? I'm planning a ride next summer from Vancouver, BC to Los
Angeles and was contemplating a BobTrailer instead of the Panniers. Any thoughts?

Brian

Brian Sculac wrote:
> Anyone use these on an extensive ride? I'm planning a ride next summer from Vancouver, BC to Los
> Angeles and was contemplating a BobTrailer instead of the Panniers. Any thoughts?
>
> Brian

Hi Brian,

Do it! See www.raph.nl/usa-1995 for a report of a trip with a BOB trailer. I am the guy with the
panniers, but I really would have liked to have a BOB back then. I bought one after the trip. If you
plan on flying with the setup, check with the airline and/or visit www.bikeaccess.net

CU!

Raph www.raph.nl

I've traveled with my "Bob" as well as with panniers. The Bob is great - especially for bumpy
rides or remote rides where you need lots of gear. On at trip like Vancouver to LA, I'd probably
try to pack fairly light and just use panniers. You won't need tons of gear for that ride and you
do need to consider the 25 or so extra pounds that the Bob weighs as well as the reduced mobility
of the bike.

I've pedaled the section of the PCH between SF and LA and it is a spectacular ride. Enjoy!

-Dan

news:[email protected]...

Dan wrote:
> You won't need tons of gear for that ride and you do need to consider the 25 or so extra pounds
> that the Bob weighs as well as the reduced mobility of the bike.

My BOB weighs in at 14 pounds.

Dave http://www.icyclist.com

Yeah, I guess i was recalling the "boxed weight" which includes the "Yak Sack" dry bag that came
with my BOB. I figure that if you consider the weight of a set of water-resistant panniers versus
the bob with dry bag(s), you're probably adding at least 10 pounds. Not a huge deal, but it adds up
over all those hills on the PCH.