bob yak trailer sak

Gary Brunsdon

Guest
we need a waterproof bag for our bob yak and wanted to ask other's views/experiences of same.

We've used their sak for a number of year now and its survived all the normal weather. Ours is the
old black one which wasn't supposed to be totally waterproof but it has been. Their yellow Dry Sak
is and I doubt you'll have problems with waterproofness plus its made to fit the Bob
http://www.bobtrailers.com/traileraccessories.html#drysak

The only problem I can see with it is you have to end load it whereas ours it top loaded via a
zipped flap.

Tony

--
http://www.raven-family.com

In news:[email protected], Gary Brunsdon <[email protected]> typed:
> we need a waterproof bag for our bob yak and wanted to ask other's views/experiences of same.

> we need a waterproof bag for our bob yak and wanted to ask other's views/experiences of same.

I know a lot of people use bags by Ortlieb with their Bob Yak. I too am looking for something as the
original black bag that came with mine was chewed up by the airline baggage handlers (maybe they
were hungry or something) and thus now has a nice little hole in one end - just big enough for
various things to fall out.

Mads

Mads Hilberg wrote:

> I know a lot of people use bags by Ortlieb with their Bob Yak. I too am looking for something as
> the original black bag that came with mine was chewed up by the airline baggage handlers (maybe
> they were hungry or something) and thus now has a nice little hole in one end - just big enough
> for various things to fall out.

Canoe/Kayak suppliers are generally good for a selection of tough waterproof bags, including
Ortliebs. The sell the sort of sizes that will fit in a BOB but not on a bike, so the selection
should be better than bike shops. Ortlieb are as good as anything out there, but Seal Line and Palm
ones have proven fine in everyday use too for me. Seal Line bags, like Ortlieb, come in a choice of
light (which are tough) and standard (which are very tough!)

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote:

<Bob Dry Sak>
> The only problem I can see with it is you have to end load it whereas ours it top loaded via a
> zipped flap.

I'm not sure what you mean by this - you seem to be saying that the Dry Sak doesn't have an opening
at the top? Ours does, and the closure is in the manner of an Ortlieb pannier.

--
Carol Hague "The bicycle is the product of pure reason applied to motion."
- Angela Carter, "The Lady of the House of Love"

"Gary Brunsdon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> we need a waterproof bag for our bob yak and wanted to ask other's views/experiences of same.

Have a look at http://www.endlessriver.co.uk/ I've got one of their 100 litre Trekker dry bags and
it is pretty tough, only 50 quid too. I looks like it will fit a Bob Yak (haven't gone one
unfortunately) but it is definitely waterproof and has handled a fair bit of abuse, including "****!
This is bloody heavy?" after fully loading it.

Have fun!

Graeme

In news:1fuzqua.v5nytc1tnjqouN%[email protected], Carol Hague <[email protected]> typed:
> Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> <Bob Dry Sak>
>> The only problem I can see with it is you have to end load it whereas ours it top loaded via a
>> zipped flap.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by this - you seem to be saying that the Dry Sak doesn't have an
> opening at the top? Ours does, and the closure is in the manner of an Ortlieb pannier.

I stand corrected if you have one. I was going from the web site pictures which didn't show any top
opening. Mine is much older and only opens on the top.

Tony

--
http://www.raven-family.com

Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote:

: I stand corrected if you have one. I was going from the web site pictures which didn't show any
: top opening. Mine is much older and only opens on the top.

I've got one of the new bright yellows ones. Top opening and waterproof. Highly recommended.

Arthur

--
Arthur Clune [email protected]

At home and on the phone.....

Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote:

> In news:1fuzqua.v5nytc1tnjqouN%[email protected], Carol Hague <[email protected]> typed:
> > Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > <Bob Dry Sak>

> I stand corrected if you have one. I was going from the web site pictures which didn't show any
> top opening. Mine is much older and only opens on the top.

Yep, the yellow one only opens at the top too - it's like a big, weirdly shaped Ortlieb pannier with
ginormous plastic covered handles and straps to fix it on the Yak.

I didn't intend to be snarky, by the way - I was just confused (not that this is unusual in
any way....)

--
Carol Hague "I used to be confused, but now I just don't know."
- A-ha, "Blue Skies"