BOB Yak

BigCurt

Mar 12, 2006
Hi, I'm new here and just bought a 2006 Cannondale T2000. I was wondering if a bob yak would work on my bike with the stock rack that came with the T2000.

Yes, unless you choose to use very wide knobby tires and fenders to match. In that latter event, you'll need the Yak 28.

http://www.bobgear.com/trailers/yakdimensions.php

The last bullet on this page diffferentiates the regular Yak from the Yak 28, although it is far from clear. On my 700c wheels, I use a regular Yak with full SKS 50 mm fenders and 37 mm tires with no problem. I think there would be an issue with 29'er tires wider than 2 inches, but I'm not sure if these would even fit on the T2000.

Oops, you had a rack question. No problem. The Yak uses an extended skewer that takes the BOB fork well away from your rear triangle.

Cyclesafe said:
Yes, unless you choose to use very wide knobby tires and fenders to match. In that latter event, you'll need the Yak 28.

http://www.bobgear.com/trailers/yakdimensions.php

The last bullet on this page diffferentiates the regular Yak from the Yak 28, although it is far from clear. On my 700c wheels, I use a regular Yak with full SKS 50 mm fenders and 37 mm tires with no problem. I think there would be an issue with 29'er tires wider than 2 inches, but I'm not sure if these would even fit on the T2000.

Oops, you had a rack question. No problem. The Yak uses an extended skewer that takes the BOB fork well away from your rear triangle.
Yes the yak 28 is the one I bought due to that I have a 29ER mountain bike. I like to be able to use it on the trails around here also, and thanks for the info about the skewer I'm hoping to get my yak today, its coming by UPS.

The BOB Yak does not work with the stock cannondale rack on my T2000 due to the rack being too wide where it bolts on above the drop out. I'm sure if I bought a smaller black burn rack it would work O.K. And it does work with my 29ER and recumbent bikes very well.