Bobbin wagtail bike - any users?

bunjy

Apr 13, 2018
Hey all,

I'm looking to buy this bike, mainly for city commuting, the odd hill and rough path. Guy in my local bike shop would have to order one specially, but seems to think the huge tryes would make it a sluggish enough urban ride. At 13.5kg I thought it would be pretty zippy, does anyone have any first hand experience with these?

It’s a smart looking bike, for sure. I’m not familiar with this model nor with The Bobbin brand personally, but here in Toronto I’ve seen a model that I consider more suitable for commuting and city riding. The Bobbin Birdie has full fenders, chain guard, rear rack and internal hub. To me, these are the essentials for urban riding and commuting. Smart looking bikes. The Birdie is a step-through but you can find a men’s frame as well on their site. It is just a matter of what commuting means to you. I go to work every day in all weather so maximum protection from the elements and the ability to lash stuff to the bike are key.

Cheers, I'd be more fairweather riding really, so not too bothered about mudguards and all that, I don't like my job enough to cycle in the rain to get there ;)

LOL. Completely get it. My research on this brand has been positive (I considered buying one myself at one point). Nice, upright position but still sporty looking. Tires don't appear too wide, and would be less likely to get caught in grilles and trolley tracks, so I don't see a downside. Go for it!